Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Poll] Tallies?

Discussion on [Poll] Tallies? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: How would you make tallies work in pvp?
Leave them working the way they do in CO 4 44.44%
Have them have reduced benefits against players 2 22.22%
Remove their benefits entirely against players 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Poll] Tallies?

Here's my question to you.

If you were to make a private server with real CO like drop and exp rates, with no special way to get free cps/items, how would you have tallies work against players?

Incase the poll feature doesn't work for me the choices are:
Make them work like in real CO, full -/+ damage against other players
Reduce the -/+ bonus on tallies against players but not get rid of them
Make tallies not work against players at all.
Old 04/20/2010, 05:41   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
I've tried a few ways... personally I don't think talis are THAT bad if your server doesn't have bulking or crazy rates.. up until like +6 or more they aren't THAT over powered (vs similar ones) so assuming your rates are such that going past +6-7 takes alot of work then it wont be a huge issue.

That being said I've also set it up so it calculates the same as normal attack (so it just adds on to your norm attack power meaning boots/normal defense still reduces it)

That works far better imo and makes them less overpowered. They basically function like an extra ring/necklace at that point.

I also don't mind the idea of not using them in pvp calculations at all. I may end up doing something like that with my next server (like 25 or 50 pct effectiveness in pvp which can further be reduced by special pure water skills that act as a debuff)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2010, 05:43   #3

Thanks for your input. My server is nearing the phase where I open it to other people, and I was always planning to negate their effects in pvp, but then I realized if I'm not doing any type of "lots of cps for donation/voting," then they won't be that overpowered.
Old 04/20/2010, 17:07   #4

Talisman in pvp, then you should remove the magic damage.
or make it only work for taoists.
also you should make it so all have a chance to get them easy, so there wont be any unbalanced things.
Else just remove them.
I didnt vote, since i cant choose out of one of them :P
Old 04/20/2010, 19:14   #5

i believe you should make them harder to obtain.. not preferrably upgrading composition, just super ones and stuff. if you had normal rates (as i believe you mentioned) talismen wouldn't matter so much. normal rates doesn't mean easy 2900 cps for a +6 stone, including 15 dragonballs to super your talisman, unless you bought one from shopping mall. most definitely decrease rates of them, not so much mob damage taken, most dependant on pvp situations. let me give some examples:

archer (level 100 // w/o fan&tower) vs. trojan (level 130 // w/o fan&tower)
-minor damage is taken.

archer (level 100 // w/ fan&tower [sup+5]) vs. trojan (level 130 // w/o fan&tower)
-damage can be fatal to the character ..30.. levels above the archer, simply due to ONE
item.

now, of course if you recalculated attack/defense of the talismen, major damage couldn't be dealt just because of that one item. if you would rather keep the rates, make the items costlier to upgrade. simple.

dothackking if you don't mind, add me on msn if you would.
Old 04/20/2010, 21:18   #6

zTREME
I plan on making them obtainable by a less lame quest (one all classes can do without a nin being there)

p s y k h d
I don't intend to make cps easy to get. The only way to get cps would be a system I haven't yet implemented. Trade 15 metscrolls for 1db, and 1db for the 250 cps. While that's still easy upgrading, it's alot harder than real CO, and I was also considering raising the shopping mall prices, possibly to max price and then you have to get +'s the old fashioned way.

Also your comparasin is a bit rediculous. What 130 wouldn't have any fan or tower, let alone a better one than nearly every 100.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2010, 10:39   #7

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
After toxicfog, they were the worst thing that did happen to the game.
Old 04/21/2010, 14:51   #8

I personally don`t like it in PVP, and it completely changes the leveling too. I suggest removing them.
Old 04/21/2010, 14:54   #9

Remove their benefits entirely against players