Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Prevent some items from dropping

Discussion on Prevent some items from dropping within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 09/18/2014, 04:20   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
I disagree with spirited's way of "helping" too. Just ignore him.

I started just like you, now look where I am.
And what a great example you make..
@OP, just keep working. People will give you ideas on how to code, but you'll eventually define your own style (which is what I'm trying to encourage through you working through problems on your own). I think you understand that. If you need any more tips, just let us know.

Edit: Are you familiar with item ids, for example? That may be something you'd like to ask about if you're not.

PS:
Old 09/18/2014, 12:56   #17

elite*gold: 26
I'm with Xio on that one. Fang what we're saying is to be a little bit more accepting towards newbies and beginners. But hey that's just what I'd do if I were in your place.

PS: Xio is a great help. Without him I wouldn't know C# at all and I'm sure as hell I would've never gone this far without his help.
Old 09/18/2014, 13:05   #18

elite*gold: 0
Alright alright, this is really getting stupid, tried not to get involved but, comon what is with the factions fighting against faction here.

Everyone learns better in different ways. Maybe majority will learn better from getting the answer then trying to figure out the difference they got from the answer (Which is how I learned things) I was never taught basics, I just got the final answer and had to figure it out myself (talking about C#).

I'm not saying any of the 2 methods here are wrong, but the ideal would be both then.

You present the final answer, tagged with comment that explain why it was coded as such and why a specific variable/value/method is used.

It's nice of abdou trying to help others, but first. He has no clue from the thread owner what "source" he/she is using, and still spills a code that could be totally un-related. This is what bothers me in many ways, not just the ones trying to help that just gives code without knowing what source.

The problem here lies in that the thread starter does not state what source they are working with, giving too little information for us to help.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/18/2014, 15:51   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakejoe67 View Post
Alright alright, this is really getting stupid, tried not to get involved but, comon what is with the factions fighting against faction here.

Everyone learns better in different ways. Maybe majority will learn better from getting the answer then trying to figure out the difference they got from the answer (Which is how I learned things) I was never taught basics, I just got the final answer and had to figure it out myself (talking about C#).

I'm not saying any of the 2 methods here are wrong, but the ideal would be both then.

You present the final answer, tagged with comment that explain why it was coded as such and why a specific variable/value/method is used.

It's nice of abdou trying to help others, but first. He has no clue from the thread owner what "source" he/she is using, and still spills a code that could be totally un-related. This is what bothers me in many ways, not just the ones trying to help that just gives code without knowing what source.

The problem here lies in that the thread starter does not state what source they are working with, giving too little information for us to help.

xD but i know what source he use cuz the problem he asked for i have been asked too from other guys for other modified trinty source .

so already know most of the problem in most edited trinty sources.

if i don't know the source i would answer in genarally not with code.
Old 09/18/2014, 18:10   #20

And the Xio team bandwagon rolls in... spoonfeed to your heart's content. It's not my job to do anything about it... and it's not like I tutored Computer Science for 2 years, was a backup college lecturer for C# and C++ classes, and am a software engineer for a billion dollar software company. I know nothing about teaching Computer Science, and there's no way I can compete with the genius of the Xio team or dull their spoons.

*sigh* Forgive me for sounding arrogant or being cynical, but this community is full of really weird and incorrect opinions... it's really disappointing. I find that most developers here can't avoid cynicism after a few months.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/18/2014, 18:35   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
And the Xio team bandwagon rolls in... spoonfeed to your heart's content. It's not my job to do anything about it... and it's not like I tutored Computer Science for 2 years, was a backup college lecturer for C# and C++ classes, and am a software engineer for a billion dollar software company. I know nothing about teaching Computer Science, and there's no way I can compete with the genius of the Xio team or dull their spoons.

*sigh* Forgive me for sounding arrogant or being cynical, but this community is full of really weird and incorrect opinions... it's really disappointing. I find that most developers here can't avoid cynicism after a few months.
I like your point, it's way better you give tips for the newbies than giving them a ready to use code. I started getting done codes, looks good at the beginning but it's not. You will sometimes get codes with structures you never seen, or a keyword you can't figure out what it is and since the code is not yours it will be harder to understand. I mean, it's easier for you if you get a tip and search for it, read about how it works and what you can do with it and then write your own code, because when if you try to make it once, it will be in your head for a long time, maybe for ever and, if you just read the code and think "Oh, i got it now!", do you think you will remember how it works or the keywords later?
I forgot alot of things that i thought i was ready to use it later!
Once i heard "Programming is all about google, searching, asking...", maybe, but how can you consider yourself a programmer if you don't write code? Just leech, CTRL+C and then CTRL+V.
I see abdou is always trying to help, giving codes, i feel bad for the peoples who get it, they say "Thanks it works", he helped, ye he did... But what's the point? "Less one programmer out there"? Because he wont be able to do shit if he just paste the code into his source.
I may not be the best programmer, am so far from it, but i agree with Fang, you should not give a man the fish, because when you leave him he will die hungry.
Old 09/18/2014, 18:41   #22

Why do you think ePVP CO2 (UG for example) is pretty much dead.
The only thing you see popup are 'download source > halp hwo me fix cbs drops > add donate page > release server' people.

I'm all for helping people, customer support is named after me but good *** not just the language barrier is an issue here.

^ The average 'newcomer' these days.

* I'll take an infraction, that's fine.
Old 09/18/2014, 18:54   #23

we all are right but the way we should use differ from person to person.

someone can learn from ready example so giving him codes could helps him too.

for me
"just giving me the idea or just simple code that could put me on the track of finishing what i want to do ".

The right track that everyone should use
" Learn the basic of C# which will lead him to logical thinking which will lead him to knowing the debuging and handle execption that would help him "
Old 09/19/2014, 05:42   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoumatrix View Post
we all are right but the way we should use differ from person to person.

someone can learn from ready example so giving him codes could helps him too.

for me
"just giving me the idea or just simple code that could put me on the track of finishing what i want to do ".
for they
"I ned fix ths bug, i will ask elitepvpers agein, dat work last time"

newbies don't learn like that, experienced ppl may learn something with examples, not newbies, at least not programming, it's just too complicated for them, look the code you posted first, they won't understand what the hell is that, and u think that with another line of code they will understand?? a base is needed, if i show some examples of algebra in R3 to a 16-17 years old, then i ask him to solve another problem by his own, most likely he will not be able to do it, it's similar here, not a good way to learn.

personal experience, i used LOTF for at least 1 year when i started, took me about 5 months of copy+pasting before i wanted to learn a bit, then i did my first application, completly ****, 5 months lost.
Old 09/19/2014, 06:06   #25

I'm not against examples, I'm against giving out answers. That's like copying answers for math homework - you learn absolutely nothing and it does much more damage than good.
Old 09/19/2014, 06:11   #26

Guys, if you don't need this post you can close it .. my problem is completed.
Thanks
Old 09/19/2014, 06:16   #27

Yeah, we went pretty off-topic. I'm glad to hear you resolved your issue.
Closed.
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread