Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

should i use tq attack system ?

Discussion on should i use tq attack system ? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
should i use tq attack system ?

i've implemented tq attack system and here is what i realized
tq increased hp, attack, defence so now instead of hitting someone with 2k out of 12k hp you would hit him 6k out of 35k hp
so all in all i think tq only eliminated the change for noobs to be able to fight without spending some cash on gears and new ****** stuff like chi, jaing pla pla
and im really confused of what should i do, implement chi and such and use tq attack system or to stay at 5500ish or 5600ish and implement my own attack system (it's just sensible, i adjust it from time to time, factors are still there but it's more fair for instance archer attacks is x0.70~0.72 and not ~x0.5, bp max effect is around (+-)20~30% not up to 70%)
Old 07/20/2014, 18:40   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I think I might have said this before, TQ's attack calculations are garbage. I developed my own calculations for my server that balances things more. The way I came up with them is I looked at how other (better) games calculate their attacks, put some sample equipment and attributes at different levels in an excel document, and started calculating damages across the levels. Then, I started tweaking my algorithm until the hits to kill ratio was level across the document.
Old 07/20/2014, 22:56   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I think I might have said this before, TQ's attack calculations are garbage. I developed my own calculations for my server that balances things more. The way I came up with them is I looked at how other (better) games calculate their attacks, put some sample equipment and attributes at different levels in an excel document, and started calculating damages across the levels. Then, I started tweaking my algorithm until the hits to kill ratio was level across the document.
I did something similar, basically a backtracking/dynamic programming based algorithm (this doesn`t even make sense from a theoretical point of view I know) which generated attack calculations based on the previous calculations, by adding more terms, and simulating each over a certain amount of theoretical fights. Then, with a greedy approach, chose the one that had the best win/lose ratio (that meaning 1:1, or close to it), although skill shots were not calculated (FB was treated like thunder, for example, but this wasn`t in a CO context to be fair). Whenever something new was introduced to the game that affected damage in the slightest way, this was redone and the calculations corrected accordingly.