Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Changing armour icons/etc.

Discussion on [Question] Changing armour icons/etc. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] Changing armour icons/etc.

Hey all,

Trying to get a ninja vest from normal CO to be my GMRobe (GMVest)

I replaced GMRobe with GMVest in my itemtype.dat and database.

I'm not sure how I would do the rest, I mean, I cant find the 120 ninja vest .dds files in the normal CO client.. etc.

any help on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 04/16/2009, 20:00   #2

you need to extract it, i think. I havent worked with the gears yet, other than the katana. Search this site for wdf.extractor, use that to begin extracting the textures you'll need. Again, i havent gone after the ninja gear yet, so i cant say for sure that you have just overlooked them, but give a real good look. If you dont see em, follow the directions for the extractor and open the game up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2009, 02:50   #3

Where would the .dds files be declared? I'll have a look and see if I have missed them.
Old 04/17/2009, 03:08   #4

Meshes are located, in uncompressed form, in the C3/Mesh folder. That is your wire frame, which cannot be altered as of yet.

Textures are located in your C3/Textures folder. also uncompressed.You'll need to figure out what the item ID is, and what it points to for the .C3 and the .DDS

Many (most) of the .dds and .c3 files are compressed. Using wdfextract you can direct it to a few different file types and get to them. Be sure WDFE is in the root directory of your CO folder (with the .exe). Click the Batcher.exe, then type in the path to the file within that folder (or sub folders) you want to extract.

i.e/ - ini/3dtexture.ini

That is the default location in the program, when you open it, it will show that path (at least on my PC this is true). try that for your wep and armor textures. if it isnt the right one try other files, you'll be suprised at what you'll find to modify. Hope that helps, pce.

i just realized i may have missed your question tho. If what you want is the ID number to begin tracing it through its process, look in the itemtype.dat for its ID, then go to Itemminicon.ani, and mapitemicon.ani, in the ANI folder of CO. In those files you can see the IDs call to the small .dds files.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2009, 04:10   #5

I got everything working, except...

What about how it shows up on the character model?
Old 04/17/2009, 04:20   #6

You have it mapped to the GMRobe Texture. You'll need to make sure in the 3Dtexture.ini that it points to the texture you want. At least i think. I still havent gotten the katans to mount, so it could be an issue, but from the looks of it, you just have it linked to the GMrobe tex. Double check.

For that matter, that will just rap the texture around the wrong mesh. You'll have to change the GMRobes mesh depency to the Ninja vest you wish to replace it with.
Old 04/17/2009, 04:27   #7

no, it's all linked up to my texture/mesh yeah...

EDIT: Forgot to actually put the textures in the folder >.<

Well... heres' a new problem.

Lol.. just lol..
Old 04/17/2009, 04:53   #8

lol, yeah no biggy, you've just wrapped the Ninja armor texture around the GMrobe wireframe, and it doesnt have the same layout. You'll need to put in the mesh for the ninja armor, the .c3 file that is, and be sure it is the mesh the item calls (in the 3dobj.ini). That is where i have a problem with the katana, it wont take it. I'll be interested in seeing if the other gears work, since i've not tried it yet myself, keep me posted.

Put the Mesh file for the armor in the C3/Mesh folder. Good luck!
Old 04/17/2009, 05:09   #9

I cant find where GMRobe mesh is declared in the 3dobj.ini

i did a search for the itemID (137310)
Old 04/17/2009, 05:35   #10

My bad, i think its in the armor.ini, sry, like i said i havent messed with armors yet.

[1137310]
Part=1
Mesh0=1137000
Texture0=1137310
MixTex0=0
MixOpt0=0
Asb0=5
Adb0=6
Material0=default

thats what my client ini lists for it.

(follow up...)

Yeah, that number appears as part of the header for a listed item 4 times, with a digit in front, which increases from 1-4 ([1137310] [2137310] [3137310]etc. Im not sure what that means. Check the Mod section and see if there is a thread on manipulating the armors, which might explain better than i can at this point. You're into uncharted water for me. We've strayed from the thread title. I knew about the icons, i dunno bout this. I will check on this in a bit, and touch base with you tomorrow.
Old 04/17/2009, 05:37   #11

I've already done the armor.ini

Erm, also... when i put it on as a small female(large works fine)... I turn invisible XD!

[1137310]
Part=1
Mesh0=1143020
Texture0=1143320
MixTex0=0
MixOpt0=0
Asb0=5
Adb0=6
Material0=default

and i have.. 001143020.c3 and 001143320.dds in these folders.
i've also got the same thing for 1137410, 1137510 etc.
Old 04/17/2009, 06:06   #12

Sorry for double posting.
****, stuffed this up now. I'll start from scratch again. Lol I can't equip the armour at all.
Old 04/17/2009, 06:19   #13

actually, thats my problem with the katanas as well. I can see em in everyway, but they wont mount on my mesh in game. I get some errors the say POS, so im guessing maybe it has a problem with mounting on the back. but i dunno, im still experimenting off and on. Im about ready to just design new ones. =/ ( i think it would have been faster and more successful now that im three days into it, lmao).
Old 04/17/2009, 09:30   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTuney View Post
owned
Shut up and don't spam.

Yeah, I think i shall attempt to add in a katana, if I manage to do it... I'll PM you.
Old 04/17/2009, 14:07   #15

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
actually, thats my problem with the katanas as well. I can see em in everyway, but they wont mount on my mesh in game. I get some errors the say POS, so im guessing maybe it has a problem with mounting on the back. but i dunno, im still experimenting off and on. Im about ready to just design new ones. =/ ( i think it would have been faster and more successful now that im three days into it, lmao).
Go onto the database and add it to you via there. You can add anything onto your equipment if you do that way, even things like Vanillas etc, lmao.
Thanks
1 User