Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Anyone up for a project:D?

Discussion on Anyone up for a project:D? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/11/2009, 23:21   #16

elite*gold: 0
Yo emme... Sup mate? I would like to sign up in the line for "the website guy"
I'll re-add you on my new MSN and send you the websites that I made from scratch

To have a correct apply like all others

Name/Nick: Viktor/Vixa

Language spoken: English, Macedonian, 70% German, Serbian, Bulgarian,
Croatian and very little French

Good with: HTML, Php, CSS, ASPX

Average with: Flash Website (Have trouble coordinating the animations and click hints)

Why should I hook up with this project:
Simply dunno, maybe coz' I won't be bored too

Other knowledge: C#, C++, Java, Javascript, Delphi (Working with Delphi 7 atm), Translating (lol)

See ya laterz bro!
Psycho|Kid <3 xD
Old 04/11/2009, 23:22   #17

elite*gold: 20
Nope, not an app. I've already made my server, which scales in ability to hold hundreds of clients, and is extremely stable :P. Took me a week or two, a total of 4-9 hours of coding. I don't need to do any of this conquer **** anymore, it's a waste of time and nobody will EVER respect you as they should, most people will complain and ***** all the time about everything.

It helped me learn to code, hell everything I know is because I started with UCCO's source code. I don't need anymore from conquer, so I'll just lurk the forums :P
Old 04/11/2009, 23:46   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
Nope, not an app. I've already made my server, which scales in ability to hold hundreds of clients, and is extremely stable :P. Took me a week or two, a total of 4-9 hours of coding. I don't need to do any of this conquer **** anymore,
[1]it's a waste of time and nobody will EVER respect you as they should,
[2]most people will complain and ***** all the time about everything.

It helped me learn to code, hell everything I know is because I started with UCCO's source code. I don't need anymore from conquer, so I'll just lurk the forums :P
Comment on 1. - Its not a waste of time if your learning and as for respect; Making a P server makes you respect yourself, you can say i did that, it was me and respect yourself more.

Comment on 2. - People will only complain if you dont give them what they want; FUN.

@Emme - I wish i had time for this; Currently i have 3 Units of My College course to work on and Im half way throught a Website for a Local company that outsourced the job to my college.

Hope you guys well - Good Luck.
Old 04/11/2009, 23:55   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
Char create-

Charname-

Login-

Custom Vigor-

Tattoo skin male small (all no equip skin done in tattoo)

Splash screen 1
Omg, That are the nicest client edits Ive seen so far,,,
I'll really like them,,
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/12/2009, 00:07   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatum View Post
Haha bored much? Your not going to know the capacity untill the 'max' unit of players are logged in. Anyway good luck
Tbh, my most recent source can only handle 10 clients.

Code:
[color=black]
[color=blue]public static void[/color] Start()
        {
            Server = [color=blue]new[/color] [color=mediumturquoise]WinsockServer[/color]();
            Server.OnClientConnect += [color=blue]new [/color][color=mediumturquoise]ServerEvent[/color](Server_OnClientConnect);
            Server.OnReceive += [color=blue]new [/color][color=mediumturquoise]ServerReceiveEvent[/color](Server_OnReceive);
            Server.OnClientDisconnect += [color=blue]new [/color][color=mediumturquoise]ServerEvent[/color](Server_OnClientDisconnect);
            Server.Enable([color=darkred]"0.0.0.0"[/color], Port);
            Server.Listen(10);[color=green]// It's a test server, I listen for 10 clients -_- [/color]
            Server.BeginAccept();
            Server.BeginReceive(256);
        }
[/color]
Old 04/12/2009, 00:17   #21

is there allowed to be more than one idea maker or website maker? I don't want to be left out , i want to help in a way , anyway possible.
Old 04/12/2009, 00:29   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao4229 View Post
Tbh, my most recent source can only handle 10 clients.
LOL, thats the Max Allowed number of clients, So what your saying is your source can only handle 10 clients without a limiter?

Btw by handle i mean the max amount of clients the source can handle before lagging as such. The limiter only 'user defines' the connection limit. So if your source can handle 300 clients and you set it to 10 like you have, the source can still handle 300 clients but the connections object's/client's are limited to 10 thats all.

But ye i did say capacity so my bad xD
Old 04/12/2009, 00:49   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatum View Post
LOL, thats the Max Allowed number of clients, So what your saying is your source can only handle 10 clients without a limiter?

Btw by handle i mean the max amount of clients the source can handle before lagging as such. The limiter only 'user defines' the connection limit. So if your source can handle 300 clients and you set it to 10 like you have, the source can still handle 300 clients but the connections object's/client's are limited to 10 thats all.

But ye i did say capacity so my bad xD
Over 10 connections and I'll start getting native winsock errors again...
Please no #02..
Old 04/12/2009, 03:33   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao4229 View Post
Over 10 connections and I'll start getting native winsock errors again...
Please no #02..
Native Winsock'ness in C#ftw..

I'll send you my client & server on msn bbz <3
Old 04/12/2009, 12:45   #25

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Don't go off-topic please.

Unknownone(Sparkie) looked over the source yesterday, and I quote:

Quote:
Seems to be slightly better than I was expecting

it seems to be designed quite well atm

socket work is mostly seperated, which is good
But, I will still improve the source. Current teammates:

Quote:
Emme - Coder
Zatoichi - Editor & Idea maker
ElderNecro - Reserve, maybe NPC scripter or editor
Keep applying and keep this thread alive!
Old 04/12/2009, 13:59   #26

im very happy to be part of a team. Im glad people like the edits. We need to decide the scope of this project. Will it be only a server, or are we also going to prepare a client to go with it? I think a client should be prepared as well, to handle all the custom content. That said, we need more than just me on graphics. I could do it, sure, but it'll take a bit. After looking at the proposed idea of a custom map, and last night really turning it over in my mind, just one decent sized map, of say a new city, isnt going to be easy. I'd really like to work with swissknife, especially if he is from my server. I'll drop him a PM after this post. Anyone else good at graphics? We should use at least 3 people. Two people for high end concept, and at least one for pounding out icons and stuff. And what exactly will be the custom content? We need classes, lots of em. At least thats one of the things i been dying for. we can talk more about it as time goes on i guess, but our scope of work will determine exactly how many people should be helping. I'd rather be a small part of a big team, who takes a real step forward - than a big part of a small team that doesnt accomplish some of these new ideas we all have. We're at a crossroads...we can chase TQ down the CO road, trying to emulate them, or, we can strike off on our own, and do some really crazy things. Thats why i've started with LOTF. Binarys may be convenient, but i dun wanna play TQ's CO anymore, they've wrecked it. LOTF allows easier customization from what i have read. I understand this will be a custom source, so im not comparing to LOTF, except to say it should be as flexible.

(edit- for what its worth, i dun think anyone should be refused, if they offer help. 2nd edit, the person i have been working with thus far wants to help as well. His name is Kyle, and he does really well for someone who is just starting out. He's got a good brain for code, and he got good ideas as well.)
Old 04/12/2009, 17:26   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post

Probably forgot something, but yeah the source is pretty far.

This is what I'm searching:
(1) Good Coder (That helps me from time to time)
(2) Good Editor (Photoshop)
(2) Awesome ideamakers (Think I already have one, Dan)
(1) Website Creator (This will be later on but good to have one)
Age - 15
Country - Finland
Language - English/Finnish
Name/Nickname - Myth/Pepe
Experience with the thing you're applying for - i got a good imagination...
Why I should pick you - I´ve got some good ideas

@Zatoichi
Try vsa , i think hes a ******* awsome editor...
PLUS he´s Finnish so hes teh hawtness.
Old 04/12/2009, 18:18   #28

I'll help you website page and photoshop.
Old 04/12/2009, 19:18   #29

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
(edit- for what its worth, i dun think anyone should be refused, if they offer help. 2nd edit, the person i have been working with thus far wants to help as well. His name is Kyle, and he does really well for someone who is just starting out. He's got a good brain for code, and he got good ideas as well.)
You and Kyle can work together with edits and ideas, why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by unHOLYdoNUTS View Post
OFF TOPIC: Emme, can u help me? im setting up new server? can i have your msn/ym? or add me
PM me the problem and I shall reply, I already have too many on my MSN, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepejovi View Post
Age - 15
Country - Finland
Language - English/Finnish
Name/Nickname - Myth/Pepe
Experience with the thing you're applying for - i got a good imagination...
Why I should pick you - I´ve got some good ideas

@Zatoichi
Try vsa , i think hes a fucking awsome editor...
PLUS he´s Finnish so hes teh hawtness.
Oh, Finnish, how cool! ;D I'm from Sweden, so we might exchange some words with eachother, haha.
A serveral idea makers can't hurt the server, you're in! PM me your MSN and I'll add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araXis View Post
I'll help you website page and photoshop.
Please show me a finished item so I can judge if you're qualified enough, thanks.

Thanks everyone.
Old 04/12/2009, 20:26   #30

Received Thanks: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
My main motivation is to learn, but also to give the community something back, a server they can go on and just play, play like they did on CO 1.0 . Where you never had to think about buying DB's for better equipments, where you never had to hunt for over 2 hours to get a DragonBall, etc etc, the good time!

As some of you know, I'm the Emme that had the most popular server 3 years ago (I think it was 3 years ago..) , Zonquer Online. The source was shit, the website was shit, but the gameplay and community was awesome and that is why it became such a popular server. I wish to open such a server again, where community makes the server, not server makes community.

I'm really excited!
Au-contrarie. It wasn't 3 years ago first of all, and anything within that time period would've fell under Qonquers domination period. Your source, unless it really is much different (and when you say it is 'different', 'new', 'etc', I just throw it out the window from past experiences) it's still nothing more than a supped up version of LOTF, or a newer one that Tanel decided to throw in the bin, and to the dogs (i.e. you).

Learning? Good, good.

Another thing, I could write the most unstable in the world that could hold 500 clients, 1000 clients, but guess what, that's just testing them logging in and doing nothing which is what most people do! You need 100 people, 200 people, etc. simultaneously playing to actually test for stability, but I suppose that's why we have what I call "Egyptian-testing".

As for the rest of people on the thread, asking about other people joining, I can say for myself I will not be taking part in this project, and would assume neither Ultimation, or Ultimatum, or Haydz will be participating. Tao might, dunno, you'd have to ask him.
Thanks
1 User