Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions About Database

Discussion on Questions About Database within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Questions About Database

i Got Couple of Question ABout database :-

1 - im using navicat and i would like to set password on it when i open my database There ..Can i do that or it doesnt have that feature ?

2 - is There more professional Prog than navicat ?

3 - which is better to use mysql Or Ms Sql

4 - if i used Mysql what is the best way FOr saving / loading Database :-
1 - Nhibernate
2 - subsonic
Old 05/12/2012, 10:31   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Navicat supports that. It doesn't take a genius to look at the connection's properties though. I'm sure you can figure that out if you try instead of asking questions. If you want something that's more professional, use MsSql with Sql Server Management Studio. I currently use my own implementation of NHibernate. I'm a pretty big fan of it. It's much faster than traditional methods. Subsonic is more generated and disorganized (in my opinion). I feel you can get a lot done with NHibernate if you know how to use it well. If you're a college student, you can use Dreamspark to get Microsoft products for free. If you're not, just join a community college this summer and take a class. You'll be able to access Dreamspark using your verified college email.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2012, 10:41   #3

Thx Alot Fang For these Useful informations
Old 05/12/2012, 15:03   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Navicat supports that. It doesn't take a genius to look at the connection's properties though. I'm sure you can figure that out if you try instead of asking questions. If you want something that's more professional, use MsSql with Sql Server Management Studio. I currently use my own implementation of NHibernate. I'm a pretty big fan of it. It's much faster than traditional methods. Subsonic is more generated and disorganized (in my opinion). I feel you can get a lot done with NHibernate if you know how to use it well. If you're a college student, you can use Dreamspark to get Microsoft products for free. If you're not, just join a community college this summer and take a class. You'll be able to access Dreamspark using your verified college email.
Or just use the unlimited access cd key floating around the net <_<

With the number of flawless cracks released for microsoft products, as well as the legitimate cd keys that simply have no usage limits out there, there's quite literally no reason to pay for any of their software unless you are running a legitimate business with the programs.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2012, 18:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Or just use the unlimited access cd key floating around the net <_<

With the number of flawless cracks released for microsoft products, as well as the legitimate cd keys that simply have no usage limits out there, there's quite literally no reason to pay for any of their software unless you are running a legitimate business with the programs.
I don't suggest that anyone breaks the law. Dreamspark is free for all students willing to develop using their tools. The only requirement is that you must be a college student. I highly recommend you take a look at it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2012, 00:01   #6

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman123 View Post
i Got Couple of Question ABout database :-

1 - im using navicat and i would like to set password on it when i open my database There ..Can i do that or it doesnt have that feature ?

2 - is There more professional Prog than navicat ?

3 - which is better to use mysql Or Ms Sql

4 - if i used Mysql what is the best way FOr saving / loading Database :-
1 - Nhibernate
2 - subsonic
1. Right click for connection properties for the password.
2. Navicat Enterprise sounds professional and a few others that can do database management, mysql gui tools (or something along those lines) and I guess phpmyadmin.
3. No clue.
4. From hearsay; nhibernate is pretty awesome but can be annoying to setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
I don't suggest that anyone breaks the law. Dreamspark is free for all students willing to develop using their tools. The only requirement is that you must be a college student. I highly recommend you take a look at it.
DreamSpark is indeed pretty cool, gave me Visual Studio Pro edition and a copy of Windows Server 2008 R2 that can effectively be used as Windows 7 Ultimate with a few modifications and tweaks.
However, my computer hated the download method and since it didn't work I pirated Visual Studio for my desktop and use DreamSpark version on my notebook.
Old 05/13/2012, 00:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
1. Right click for connection properties for the password.
2. Navicat Enterprise sounds professional and a few others that can do database management, mysql gui tools (or something along those lines) and I guess phpmyadmin.
3. No clue.
4. From hearsay; nhibernate is pretty awesome but can be annoying to setup.

DreamSpark is indeed pretty cool, gave me Visual Studio Pro edition and a copy of Windows Server 2008 R2 that can effectively be used as Windows 7 Ultimate with a few modifications and tweaks.
However, my computer hated the download method and since it didn't work I pirated Visual Studio for my desktop and use DreamSpark version on my notebook.
I don't see download a pirated copy as illegal if you use the registration key from Dreamspark.
Old 05/13/2012, 01:23   #8

You don't need NHibernate for Mssql. Use datasets ^^
Old 05/13/2012, 02:50   #9

Received Thanks: 1,142
Slightly off-topic, but I also recommend DreamSpark. Quite a lot of my tools have come from the program, and I have no complaints about it either-It's extremely easy.