Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

a really small prob.

Discussion on a really small prob. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
a really small prob.

ok so umm i made a small code that will check if you use Lotto 10 times or not....but the prob. is when you relog it becomes 0 again O.O any ideas why? umm thx +)
Old 10/23/2008, 13:53   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooD-BoY View Post
ok so umm i made a small code that will check if you use Lotto 10 times or not....but the prob. is when you relog it becomes 0 again O.O any ideas why? umm thx +)
because it doesnt save the amount of times that you entered lotto...
Old 10/23/2008, 14:03   #3

update your mysql database (coproj) table (characters) and add the column "lotto" as an integer, then in DataBase.SaveChar() update it to save that variable.

Good luck
Old 10/23/2008, 22:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechocto View Post
update your mysql database (coproj) table (characters) and add the column "lotto" as an integer, then in DataBase.SaveChar() update it to save that variable.

Good luck
ok nvm, tyvm for your help it works =) btw i got a question, if i make a timer that will make it 0 after lets say 24hrs and i got a restarter that restarts the server every 1hr...will the 24hrs timer keep going or start from 24hrs again? O.O thx
Old 10/24/2008, 03:24   #5

you have a couple of options here:

1) make a 3rd party stand alone program to modify the database at a given time each day
("update characters set lotto=0");
2) make it save when they did their lottos (DateTime.Now) and if (DateTime.Compare(LottoTime, DateTime.Now) == 86400) { } and make thatupdate it (86,400 seconds = 24 hours)
3) put a timer in your source to go off at a certain time each day
4) Set up a scheduled time for "server maintenence" (server goes down for a half hour, you compile any updates, run C Cleaner, and restart your computer) and in the startup script for your server you update the database setting lotto=0

there are many more options and how you do it is up to you, these are pretty simple ways in my opinion, so good luck