Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer online legal or ilegal?

Discussion on Conquer online legal or ilegal? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Conquer online legal or ilegal?

Hello all ! I have a questions! I wont to make a conquer online privat server LEGAL !!
What i need to use ? Source or tq binari ? What client is legal . Plz say me all about legal for conquer privat server! THX ALLL .
Old 11/05/2011, 14:54   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Binaries are very illegal and not allowed on this website.

Sources are a sort of grey area. They are your own work and therefor legal but literally every single source out there uses tqs files in some way (itemtype, dmaps, etc).

As for client, you are not allowed to distribute their client as it's copyright. No one really cares about this and does it anyways but if you wanted to be completely legal (not that it's even remotely an issue) you'd have players find their own client (not have one on your website. Just tools to connect to your server) and write your own source.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2011, 15:28   #3

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Binaries are very illegal and not allowed on this website.

Sources are a sort of grey area. They are your own work and therefor legal but literally every single source out there uses tqs files in some way (itemtype, dmaps, etc).

As for client, you are not allowed to distribute their client as it's copyright. No one really cares about this and does it anyways but if you wanted to be completely legal (not that it's even remotely an issue) you'd have players find their own client (not have one on your website. Just tools to connect to your server) and write your own source.
Ok the sources is legal! Now i need a idea for make the client legal? How i can make the client legal?
Old 11/05/2011, 15:36   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
You cannnot.

Anything which uses anything that tq created is considered copyright infringement. Distribution and modification of client files is technically illegal.

The only way to make it legal would be to design a client and all its resources from scratch (including all sounds, textures, maps, skins, models.... etcetcetc).

AKA you'd have to make your own fully custom mmo that just happened to look and play much like conquer online.
Old 11/08/2011, 18:30   #5

Conquer Online is legally illegal.
Old 11/08/2011, 21:50   #6

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,121
Making your own Conquer Online Private Server using a C# source... and using a clean client (not distributing edited clients) is as "legally illegal" as .... 80 people wearing a best buy uniform walking into a best buy?
Old 11/09/2011, 03:30   #7

I think if you're keeping your source updated to the official one and you keep your client untouched (providing a link directly from theire website) you'll avoid copyright infringement because you basically, not distributing your custom client, you're just giving out a link to theire game as many other gaming sites does. I think this is the only way you can avoid the copyright infringement but I'm not really sure about it so don't take it for good.