Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PServers getting ddossed?

Discussion on PServers getting ddossed? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/26/2011, 22:37   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n:) View Post
I got ddossed this morning just activated the windows firewall (and port forwarded on my router) and he just got to shy on himself and he quit xD My website showed 700 online players and server didn't crashed also the apache server still worked so HE JUST GET A LIFE! I hate those guys!!!

btw he also said that i got attacked because of advertising! -.- he can just dream about attacking me ...
Must been a dumb idiot, if he aren't able to ddos a site because of Windows Firewall.
Old 05/27/2011, 14:51   #17

Let him talk, if he ddos ur website just ask ur Hosting...don't be afraid he have big mouth for nothing
Old 05/27/2011, 14:52   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioklo View Post
Let him talk, if he ddos ur website just ask ur Hosting...don't be afraid he have big mouth for nothing
And what should the hosting do?
Old 05/27/2011, 21:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
And what should the hosting do?
It will ask you for the attacker's IP address/adresses and it will report probably to some international security personnel dealing with this. There are cyber laws and attacking dos/ddos you go to jail if caught.
Old 05/27/2011, 22:38   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
It will ask you for the attacker's IP address/adresses and it will report probably to some international security personnel dealing with this. There are cyber laws and attacking dos/ddos you go to jail if caught.
And if he uses a VPN?
Old 05/27/2011, 22:50   #21

Quote:
And if he uses a VPN?
Don't worry they'll backtrace his ***.
Old 05/27/2011, 22:58   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
It's not always that easy.
Old 05/28/2011, 05:00   #23

Quote:
As long as they don't dun goof.
Old 05/28/2011, 07:07   #24

you can't track a DDoS attack by the attacking IP's.
Old 05/28/2011, 17:06   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
you can't track a DDoS attack by the attacking IP's.
You can't. They can.
Old 05/28/2011, 17:15   #26

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DDoS a Distributed-Denial of Service, which often are used by infected hosts that is controlled by the main attacker?
This way, all "they" can trace is the attackers, the infected hosts that most likely have no idea that they are flooding a server, but will never find the original attacker.
Old 05/29/2011, 01:48   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DDoS a Distributed-Denial of Service, which often are used by infected hosts that is controlled by the main attacker?
This way, all "they" can trace is the attackers, the infected hosts that most likely have no idea that they are flooding a server, but will never find the original attacker.
The only way you can track them is through the attackers IP. If they are using a VPN or a Proxy, then it can be complicated all after which one they are using.

Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
You can't. They can.
No.

Let's say I have it setup like this:
My PC -> VPN 1 -> Server 1 -> VPN 2 -> Server 2 -> VPN 3 -> Attack -> Target

They would need to reverse my connection like this:

IP from VPN 3 -> IP from Server 2 -> IP from VPN 2 -> IP from Server 2 -> IP from VPN 1 -> My IP.

Then they would need to contact those who's having the VPNs, if it's not in the U.S. then it will be hard to get the informations out of the company and if the VPN is located in Russia, then they can't at all.

Now let's say all the data between your pc and the servers is also encrypted. Which means they would need to crack the encryption in order to get the data. That would be a hard task as well.
They would need to do that for all your connections.

Not that easy to backtrace.
Old 05/29/2011, 02:31   #28

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
The only way you can track them is through the attackers IP. If they are using a VPN or a Proxy, then it can be complicated all after which one they are using.

Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know what DoS and DDoS is, do you..? DDoS is often (very so) set up through a bot-net, a group of infected PCs spread all over the world is flooding the target, controlled by the main-attacker. There's no need for any proxy or such in this case, as the target will never be attacked from your IP-address.

On the other hand, you can trace one of the infected hosts and overview connections being made to it (the attacker when he launch an attack), and in this case it would be smart of you to go through a proxy or other.
Old 05/29/2011, 02:32   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I know what DoS and DDoS is, do you..? DDoS is often (very so) set up through a bot-net, a group of infected PCs spread all over the world is flooding the target, controlled by the main-attacker. There's no need for any proxy or such in this case, as the target will never be attacked from your IP-address.

On the other hand, you can trace one of the infected hosts and overview connections being made to it (the attacker when he launch an attack), and in this case it would be smart of you to go through a proxy or other.
Why did you ask about it, if you already knew it?
Old 05/29/2011, 04:12   #30

Quote:
You can't. They can.
wrong, as Emme said, it's x amount of computers attacking your target, not you. nowhere does any of your information pop up.