Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to add/create new items in my private server?

Discussion on How to add/create new items in my private server? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to add/create new items in my private server?

Hello,

This question is just confusing me and I looked around everywhere and I didn't find any guide about it.

I always see that people who make their own private servers add new strange items in the shopping mall with different uses that is not there in the original conquer, for example an item called DragonTail : Right-Click to make your weapon Level 135...

How can I create new items? What programs should be used for that, and what kind of files should I be modifying??
Old 05/01/2011, 23:54   #2

elite*gold: 0
It's been quite awhile since I've touched any co files, so not sure how much help I'll be. Anyway, to get started on this, adding an item can be quite simple, or perhaps quite hard, depending on how newer clients are constructed, and whether or not the client needs data to be recompiled into the c3.wdf or not.

Firstly, to add a new item, you need to decrypt the itemtype.dat (can't remember name of tool) then add the new items details, and convert file back to .dat

If you're planning to make a custom graphic for the item that does not currently exist within the client, simply create it in photoshop, making sure you've got your alpha down, save as .dds, and toss the image files into the following folders within the clients data folder.

-ItemMinIcon
-MapItemIcon

Then to ensure your items read the correct images, you'll need to make the appropriate changes to the ItemMinIcon.ani and MapItemIcon.ani in the ani folder, which should be capable of opening directly with notepad.

Aside from all that, in order to give an item a specific functionality, you'll need to script the right click function for it in your source coding yourself.

Hope that helps, goodluck.

Edit:

To Add Items to shops, it's shop.dat, lol, but anyway, here is a guide from someone else on how to perform, aswell as a decryptor to help with the work at hand.

Thanks
2 Users