Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Conquer Online Private Server Scene

Discussion on [Discussion] Conquer Online Private Server Scene within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion] Conquer Online Private Server Scene

As most of us know, until late 2008/mid 2009, the private server scene had been booming. Many people were contributing to help others, releases were being made regularly, the forums were just so much more productive. I know 100% that the other senior members realize this also, and also notice the loss of great members that were so much of an impact to our society. I have noticed a high number of immigrants from 4botters migrating here recently, and Epvp's conquer scene just seems to continually diminish daily. Rather than members learning,
the society just wants more and more to leech from contributive members, and it's hurting our reputation. Many great names are stopping with Epvp Conquer altogether because of the immigrants and leechers in general. I love Conquer and the pserver scene it has here, and it's hard to see what we used to have slowly dissappear. I really want to encourage people to work hard to learn instead of take. "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime." This quote describes our community so well, and would really be so vital in application. Again, I really want to encourage members to apply themselves and try to learn how to do stuff on their own. I would also like to see less binaries (even binary files) being released as it's more '4botterish'. I want epvp to continue to have a high reputation of productiveness, and return to what it used to be. I'd really appreciate some back-up of my thoughts, and also some argument as to why I'm mistaken. Thanks.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/27/2011, 01:32   #2

I agree with your post.
Old 02/27/2011, 01:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Stigs View Post
As most of us know, until late 2008/mid 2009, the private server scene had been booming. Many people were contributing to help others, releases were being made regularly, the forums were just so much more productive. I know 100% that the other senior members realize this also, and also notice the loss of great members that were so much of an impact to our society. I have noticed a high number of immigrants from 4botters migrating here recently, and Epvp's conquer scene just seems to continually diminish daily. Rather than members learning,
the society just wants more and more to leech from contributive members, and it's hurting our reputation. Many great names are stopping with Epvp Conquer altogether because of the immigrants and leechers in general. I love Conquer and the pserver scene it has here, and it's hard to see what we used to have slowly dissappear. I really want to encourage people to work hard to learn instead of take. "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime." This quote describes our community so well, and would really be so vital in application. Again, I really want to encourage members to apply themselves and try to learn how to do stuff on their own. I would also like to see less binaries (even binary files) being released as it's more '4botterish'. I want epvp to continue to have a high reputation of productiveness, and return to what it used to be. I'd really appreciate some back-up of my thoughts, and also some argument as to why I'm mistaken. Thanks.
tl;dr
***** changed for the worse.
Old 02/27/2011, 02:04   #4

nuff nuff.
Old 02/27/2011, 17:59   #5

No - one of the things that has changed for this worst is people like you and arco QQing at everything.

There were always people who didn't want to learn.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2011, 18:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
No - one of the things that has changed for this worst is people like you and arco QQing at everything.

There were always people who didn't want to learn.
lolwut?

Elaborate on what I QQ about hmm.
Old 02/27/2011, 18:11   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Arco View Post
lolwut?

Elaborate on what I QQ about hmm.
This thread, your old sig.
Same thing.

Truth of the matter is that there will always be people who just want to have a server and not want to learn. If you think the "community is going downhill" complaining about it's not going to work - people have been complaining for years. Start your own project (like that would even work - how many have started and how many have succeeded?), or better yet, start your own community.

tl;dr version: less talk more actions.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/27/2011, 20:19   #8

Your reply makes me want to throw up all over your face.. You completely killed it. If you can show me where I qq, and of to what I am qq'ing at, please be my guest..
Old 02/27/2011, 21:43   #9

elite*gold: 20
Y'know, talking about the issue won't help at all and will only benefit your postcount.
Old 02/27/2011, 22:50   #10

I honestly don't care much about posts.. its a forum.. on the internet.. there is no hall of fame..
Old 02/28/2011, 04:07   #11

My post, that i never posted was exactly what tao said. nuff said?
Old 02/28/2011, 04:21   #12

I rarely post on here anymore anyway, i've moved away from coding and as I decide to come back, I am welcomed by the mere **** and vinegar of the society. In an attempt to remind older users of how it used to be, which obviously you've forgotten. I quit, I'm done. You can call it qq if you want, but here you got my email, .
Old 02/28/2011, 05:19   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Stigs View Post
I rarely post on here anymore anyway, i've moved away from coding and as I decide to come back, I am welcomed by the mere **** and vinegar of the society. In an attempt to remind older users of how it used to be, which obviously you've forgotten @tao4229 @inflamed, this seems to be a shithole of lowlife virgins. I quit, I'm done, this society is ****, as are the people who reside here. You can call it qq if you want, but when your weiner is touched by something other than your hand, .
As I said - it's mostly the same from the past (roughly) 3 years that I've looked around here. The only thing I see differently now is you complaining about it.

Many people have quit just like you did; some come back, others don't. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things; this game needs to die someday anyways.
Old 02/28/2011, 10:14   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Don't think we really need a thread like this to be honest, everyone's aware of the state of affairs here.

Closed.
Closed Thread