Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 11:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's with the community? [Offi Topic]

Discussion on What's with the community? [Offi Topic] within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What's with the community? [Offi Topic]

All i see is arguments. People talking down to each other. Someone asks something, "You F**king ******", "/facepalm". Why? Seriously?

For example the programming section. Someone ask's a question, "OH ***. Why are you doing this?!", "Why! Whats the point?".
Just because you learnt to program before or quicker, doesn't mean someone else is "Retarded".

Is your mindset: Must talk down on people, Must point out mistakes in a negative way, Must start an argument...

I see it all the time, It's pathetic.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/09/2012, 20:10   #2

Didn't we have such thread before? That's just the way it is.

Don't expect people to help you when you're jumping into something without any knowledge. It's like wanting to participate in the olympics without being able to walk.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2012, 20:21   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_Mouse View Post
All i see is arguments. People talking down to each other. Someone asks something, "You F**king ******", "/facepalm". Why? Seriously?

For example the programming section. Someone ask's a question, "OH ***. Why are you doing this?!", "Why! Whats the point?".
Just because you learnt to program before or quicker, doesn't mean someone else is "Retarded".

Is your mindset: Must talk down on people, Must point out mistakes in a negative way, Must start an argument...

I see it all the time, It's pathetic.
Because someone wants to write a hack for Conquer as their first programming project.

Sit the **** down and learn general programming for a year, then come back and apply the knowledge you've learned to Conquer. Quit trying to run a marathon without the adequate training.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/09/2012, 20:29   #4

Received Thanks: 2,518
Walk before you can run, dont come crying to us if you decided to run first, tripped and broke your ankle.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/09/2012, 20:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Because someone wants to write a hack for Conquer as their first programming project.

Sit the **** down and learn general programming for a year, then come back and apply the knowledge you've learned to Conquer. Quit trying to run a marathon without the adequate training.
This and years and years of annoying idiots that give the impression that they cannot even read didn't do the general attitude of the people here any good.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/09/2012, 21:13   #6

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you quit, try.
Before you claim, research.
This is all common sense.

In a community of game development, we expect newcomers. Game development is a desirable field. The thing I can't stand (and I hope that I represent the community when I say this) is when people come in knowing nothing and expect to come out with everything with little to no effort. I would like to take this time to address this crowd by saying get out of our field. The main people who bring arguments to the forum are the people who lack common sense / judgement and do not respect our field (again, I hope I correctly represent the community by saying that). People who call other members "idiots" for trying are idiots themselves; however, people who don't try (or use their common sense) are indeed complete idiots, which is where the fights and bad attitudes begin. We (the developers) expect newcomers who know how to use Google and know how to use a computer. I think that's common sense considering that game design is a specialization of software engineering (which is a computer science).
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/09/2012, 22:18   #7

-All valid points of yours to be fair. I forget who, but the person trying to create a bot without much knowledge, i understand. But sometimes i see little, little things, where people are just starting out and there trying to crawl, not run.
-But for example, There's some spelling mistakes in my thing. You guys weren't dicks, you didn't point them out and call me a complete ******.

-Thanks for your replys[:
Old 05/09/2012, 23:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_Mouse View Post
-All valid points of yours to be fair. I forget who, but the person trying to create a bot without much knowledge, i understand. But sometimes i see little, little things, where people are just starting out and there trying to crawl, not run.
-But for example, There's some spelling mistakes in my thing. You guys weren't dicks, you didn't point them out and call me a complete retard.

-Thanks for your replys[:
well what they said but. . .I still don't think that there is an excuse for behavior like that, at least, there should be sitckies on the top of every section pointing interested people in the direction to learn coding/hacking etc. . .of course, the people who DO decide to learn on their own after getting trashed by those who want to make themselves feel superior definitely don't come back and contribute to the community, so once the good coders get tired of games/this site and leave there is no one to take their place. leaving only the asshats who bash newcomers instead of showing them the right path (note, showing the right path isn't giving the answers)

If you haven't been here long (i.e. since the beginning) then you haven't realized that this has already happened and coming here to learn hacking is pointless, pretty much the only reason to come here is to sell your bot.

So yeah, learn programming on your own for a year, come back and make a bot to sell for money. The same thing happened to ************ as well (with some variations as some of them were strictly making paid bots for money, or would take requests for hacks and make money from that)

If you are looking for the glorydays of epvpers, they have gone with the glory days of conquer. . .8-6 years ago.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2012, 23:06   #9

i think the main problem isn't the knowledge of the ppl. hmm srry i speak spanish, i'll try to explain my point and how i'm seeing this forum.

here, the most experienced coders are like teachers, they always try to help to the "students", the problem is that not all those students are good students, so here is the problem, the good students will try to learn, bad students will try to get the answers from the teachers, for example.
bad students(bad members): Teacher, what is the answer of 5*4 ???
good students("good" members) : Teacher, can u teach me to multiply??

who will get the bad answer and the good answer?? what happen if most of ppl begin to ask stupid questions like the first one??

the main problem that i try to explain is that most of the ppl want for example a code that they can just copy into their sources, instead of asking how can he code that thing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2012, 23:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
well what they said but. . .I still don't think that there is an excuse for behavior like that, at least, there should be sitckies on the top of every section pointing interested people in the direction to learn coding/hacking etc. . .of course, the people who DO decide to learn on their own after getting trashed by those who want to make themselves feel superior definitely don't come back and contribute to the community, so once the good coders get tired of games/this site and leave there is no one to take their place. leaving only the asshats who bash newcomers instead of showing them the right path (note, showing the right path isn't giving the answers)

If you haven't been here long (i.e. since the beginning) then you haven't realized that this has already happened and coming here to learn hacking is pointless, pretty much the only reason to come here is to sell your bot.

So yeah, learn programming on your own for a year, come back and make a bot to sell for money. The same thing happened to ************ as well (with some variations as some of them were strictly making paid bots for money, or would take requests for hacks and make money from that)

If you are looking for the glorydays of epvpers, they have gone with the glory days of conquer. . .8-6 years ago.
We're not here to teach you how to code. It's as simple as that, e*pvp as far as Conquer goes has never been a school. It's a community. If you show a strong interest in coding, and demonstrate perseverance you will be rewarded. If you demonstrate a lack of initiative, you will be scorned.

inc. life story --

That whole thing about learning programming and coming back after a year is what I did. I was encouraged to write a server by Maisum and Ajju (I don't expect anyone to remember them except for the few who were around for HybridCO). I told them to give me a year before I would start working on it so I could learn adequate programming so I didn't need to be spoon fed.

I came back, and I scooped what I could from e*pvp, an old CoEMU source based on UCCO. Awful as it was, I learned everything I needed to about Conquer from it and applying my learned programming skills and developed the second Conquer source to be made in Delphi. tl;dr everything you need to know about Conquer is on these forums, help yourself before you expect us to help you.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/10/2012, 00:00   #11

Received Thanks: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
i think the main problem isn't the knowledge of the ppl. hmm srry i speak spanish, i'll try to explain my point and how i'm seeing this forum.

here, the most experienced coders are like teachers, they always try to help to the "students", the problem is that not all those students are good students, so here is the problem, the good students will try to learn, bad students will try to get the answers from the teachers, for example.
bad students(bad members): Teacher, what is the answer of 5*4 ???
good students("good" members) : Teacher, can u teach me to multiply??

who will get the bad answer and the good answer?? what happen if most of ppl begin to ask stupid questions like the first one??

the main problem that i try to explain is that most of the ppl want for example a code that they can just copy into their sources, instead of asking how can he code that thing.
Gave you thanks for the effort

But seriously on topic: Whoever is gets jeered at deserves it; The number of retards on this forum is too **** high!
I'd like to also to add to @InfamousNoone's point that you're gonna get nowhere if you depend on other people's help to learn. You gotta get doin' stuff on your own.
Old 05/10/2012, 00:17   #12

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post

Excuse me? I've learned TONS of programming from being around epvp.

LifeStoryTiem!!

A few years back, right after CoEmu:Nano was released publicly, I developed an interest in conquer private servers and, as a result, programming in general. By lots of trial and error, examining various releases and far too little reading, I learned some basics. It didn't take me very far but I did learn a little. Over the next year I stopped really being interested in hosting a server but instead started to teach myself more and more about game systems in conquer and programming. I turned them into small little features for a base source and continued as much as I could.

I then translated this into learning as much as I could about new concepts such as Client/Server architecture, threading, sockets and plenty of other stuff in order to write my first (admittedly crappy) proxy based bot and pserver custom source.

I've learned plenty since then but saying "no one can learn anything from epvp" is laughable and insulting to those (myself included) who take the time to post information, releases and guides to help people along the way.

It's not my fault if someone is refusing to put in the hours of work to truly understand things. I've done my side of the equation by releasing some of my knowledge and breaking it down into manageable chunks. It's then on them if they want to take advantage of this information and apply it or not.
Old 05/10/2012, 02:48   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
We're not here to teach you how to code. It's as simple as that, e*pvp as far as Conquer goes has never been a school. It's a community. If you show a strong interest in coding, and demonstrate perseverance you will be rewarded. If you demonstrate a lack of initiative, you will be scorned.
you are not here to teach, but in one way or another you teach something to someone, the relations here are asymmetric, simple as that, so in most of the cases u teach to ppl something new, plus u writed a C# tutorial, the comunity it self is for share knowledge with others, not make friends(it doesn't mean that u can't) or something like that.
Old 05/10/2012, 02:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
you are not here to teach, but in one way or another you teach something to someone, the relations here are asymmetric, simple as that, so in most of the cases u teach to ppl something new, plus u writed a C# tutorial, the comunity it self is for share knowledge with others, not make friends(it doesn't mean that u can't) or something like that.
I'm here to aide in providing with the resources necessary to teach yourself. I'm not here to spoon feed you and pat you on the back and as "Did you understand that? Are you sure? Are you ready to move on?"
Old 05/10/2012, 09:09   #15

If epvp (actually r a g e z o n e prior to epvp) didn`t exist, I wouldn`t be programming.