Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server.

Discussion on Server. within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Server.

So Taxes will be in soon and I plan to run a "low" rate Odin server.
I understand people want to PvP right from the start and thats fine to want.
I personally feel this shortens the life of said server.
I think working for things doing events because you need to exc...helps keep people interested in the server and allows the market to flourish.
After months of gathering info from players both on main BOI and Private Servers
I have boiled it down to:
you need lower exp rates (x5-x10)
better SG rates but lower rates on items to upgrade them.
A good starter pet (around 3k base growth)
I am still working on a zen system that I agree with that cant easily be abused.
Adding gem coin drops to some events. (thinking level 3 for normal events and 5 for exalted events?)
Free Platinum noble so players can grind.
3 accounts 1 main one market one grind.
A GS system for pet eggs not available in game. (earned via donation or High lvl boss fights)
Gold packs 100/day = 1kk coin max a day instead of 10kk (feel this may help market prices)
Special PvP event once a week with GS/Zen/Pet as prize for top player (feel this may help competitive players to have motivation to PvP)
ToB Anni item drops only in ToB and will figure out what to give for turning in soon.

If you have anything else to suggest let me know. That said free zen market is an auto no, Salary market may be free if I can balance it out. Also if you can give a sound reason to why you want me to add/remove something I will listen and try to accomidate players.
Personally I would prefer Zen items removed except for pet and things that wont effect PVP (remove gear upgrades and stuff like that from zen) and add those to event or boss drops but I know I probably woudnt get many players doing that XD
Old 01/30/2015, 01:07   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume1 View Post
don't do it waste of time and money tbh
I am mostly doing it for myself because I can't stand servers as they are now.
Old 01/30/2015, 01:47   #3

remember haters gonna be haters.dont listen to anyone.because it will make your server ****.if you fail.do it again and again
Old 01/30/2015, 06:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrain01 View Post
remember haters gonna be haters.dont listen to anyone.because it will make your server ****.if you fail.do it again and again
I know what I will and wont do. I just looking to see if anyone has ideas maybe something basic i forgot cause i tend to over look things exc...
Old 01/30/2015, 08:13   #5

it might work, but advertising it on epvpers alone might not be enough.
i'd like to suggest removing "bot for power" system, where botting with 3 account (or more) 24/7 gives you so much boost, you basically don't have to do anything else. try to keep people active, and not acting like some zombies.
Old 01/30/2015, 09:58   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgwtfhax View Post
it might work, but advertising it on epvpers alone might not be enough.
i'd like to suggest removing "bot for power" system, where botting with 3 account (or more) 24/7 gives you so much boost, you basically don't have to do anything else. try to keep people active, and not acting like some zombies.
I would rather have bots than zen abusers any day.