Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FYI Int AO Players botting.

Discussion on FYI Int AO Players botting. within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
FYI Int AO Players botting.

Read This

Quote:
Dear Atlantians,

We have recently received reports of players violating the Terms of Use with bots and macro programs. We are actively investigating these accusations and will proactively address them, starting with a new system to detect bot and macro activity.

According to our Terms of Use, botting and macroing are defined as such:

Engage in using macros (i.e., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence.

In order to address this issue, we have implemented a new system to detect players who are using programs to cheat or bot in-game. Action will be taken against any player using these types of programs. Offenders will receive at least a one (1) day suspension as a warning. Further or continual abuses will result in harsher consequences.

We would like to thank the community for proactively reporting these offenders and improving the overall gaming experience.

Sincerely,

The Atlantica Team
Source

Not sure what 'System' they are using but i can say they did have a macro detection as far back as when Ody was released (OGRealms version) but a GM had to manually run it - maybe this is new tho.

Beware you do not loose valued accounts!
Old 04/28/2013, 17:44   #2

Well we they will wanr by 1 day ban first.
Old 04/28/2013, 19:46   #3

Received Thanks: 1,304
The question is, if you don't use for example CE Speedhack, how they would definetly and "law safe" proof that you botted?

Nexon as US company can't simply spy out all running processes on your computer, until you haven't explicitely agreed to that (not only hidden somewhere in pages of TOS). If they would do so, they would get in hell's kitchen, especially cause they're registered and situated in California which is know for really "customer friendly" court decisions.
Old 04/28/2013, 20:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuronet View Post
The question is, if you don't use for example CE Speedhack, how they would definetly and "law safe" proof that you botted?

Nexon as US company can't simply spy out all running processes on your computer, until you haven't explicitely agreed to that (not only hidden somewhere in pages of TOS). If they would do so, they would get in hell's kitchen, especially cause they're registered and situated in California which is know for really "customer friendly" court decisions.
TBH i hope this is just bull - I'm just giving those who may not have seen the noticed heads up, you know i like your work :P
Old 04/28/2013, 20:07   #5

Received Thanks: 1,304
hehe i will later put a FAT warning on my site...
Old 04/29/2013, 19:05   #6

I have still been using the autogrinder and some automated mouse macros and haven't had a problem yet. It is nice at least that they only give you a one day ban and not a full account ban. But please post if you get any kind of ban so we know if there is any truth to there statement. Since there is no code injecting going on, I can't see how they would know unless they are scanning your process like neuro said aside from using cheat engine for things like speed hacking.
Old 04/29/2013, 21:12   #7

and a side note here... " we will investigate reported players" this mean is not an automatic program. first players need to REPORT and after that their will investigate with this "new system" basic.

i just hear that in my server... and i know ones of AC told to ones of my friend about "recording" system not sure what their mean with that

but we STRONGLY recomend to not use speedhack like neuro said for us.