Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 23:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So what about Archlord nowadays?

Discussion on So what about Archlord nowadays? within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So what about Archlord nowadays?

Sup folks, after leaving Archlord long time ago when CM brought us ep3 I just thought about restarting the whole thing.
I read some post and kinda started to laugh when I heared its possible to get to lvl 70 in one day? Fo realz?

I'm asking the old veterans of Archlord, what mainly changed from the good ol times? I hated the major laggs on sieges when we went for the castle and it was 1m of moving in 10 minutes. Whats with these new fugly armors that seem kinda op and even work on low lvls? You still gotta stand in tullan and shout for CC 30 minutes to get one lens? Whats with the thousand dupe hacks? Theyr still working?

Basicly, do you recommend starting the whole thing all over or better completely drop the game?

Hoping for some quality answers since I'm not lookin for flame wars or b*tching at all.

Thanks in advance, Rhinox
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 11:36   #2

Now dats something id be interested in aswell. I think i even left a bit earlier than you. Lookin forward to some decent posts here! keep em coming webzen ppls.

Btw. if you gonna start let me know. I might join since i got alot of time now afer leaving the hospital yesterday.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 15:42   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
Sup folks, after leaving Archlord long time ago when CM brought us ep3 I just thought about restarting the whole thing.
I read some post and kinda started to laugh when I heared its possible to get to lvl 70 in one day? Fo realz?

I'm asking the old veterans of Archlord, what mainly changed from the good ol times? I hated the major laggs on sieges when we went for the castle and it was 1m of moving in 10 minutes. Whats with these new fugly armors that seem kinda op and even work on low lvls? You still gotta stand in tullan and shout for CC 30 minutes to get one lens? Whats with the thousand dupe hacks? Theyr still working?

Basicly, do you recommend starting the whole thing all over or better completely drop the game?

Hoping for some quality answers since I'm not lookin for flame wars or b*tching at all.

Thanks in advance, Rhinox
IMO you should just drop the game,well,only Webzen. All about they care is making profit and a **** of money but they dont give anything to the players,even the support is just useless at this site.
Yeah...back at CM this was great but the chances to have those times again are around 0,0001 %.
Anyways,your decision,but dont waste too much money
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 16:28   #4

Yea thats one important point. I dont feel like pumping thousands of euros in my char. I watched some vids on youtube and I gotta say sorcerer looks overpowered, spaming skills like a mad man and pulling out incredible dmg. Idk hope to get some more infos. Keep em comin!
Old 01/10/2011, 17:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
Yea thats one important point. I dont feel like pumping thousands of euros in my char. I watched some vids on youtube and I gotta say sorcerer looks overpowered, spaming skills like a mad man and pulling out incredible dmg. Idk hope to get some more infos. Keep em comin!
Sorcs are normal, theres no real class that can be called as OP, Sorcs got no Stun Resist against Knights and Berserkers, which are enormous critters, especially Berserkers are an ownge class if you want a critter. But if you want to crit high, you must spend a lot of money on buying nice items. Knights are hated by a lot of peeps, because of perma immunity Skills like Godlike and Enegery Barrier. Rangers are extremly weak, since every class gets 80% Resi easily. Hunters are same as always, tankers but not much to kill. Eles are a bit better than Sorcs imo, cause they can tank way better.

The support here in Webzen isnt the best, but better than in Codemasters, where they couldnt even fix dupe and glitch for months. Webzen "creates" always new bugs, the gayest ones were atm the Scion glitches, with an uberenormous, unbelievable high crit like 7000k crit or so, but those got fixed for the moment.
There are a lot of cool events, you can win some nice items + get some nice presents at the Event NPC, like i personally think.

But tbh, its all about money, if you got it, you are a pro, if you dont, you aren't. Well, even if you got like 12+ Gold Tickets in your equip, like Wildc4t on EU3, you can suck if you dont got skill / dont know your char.

Thats just my personal opinion, and i'm playing since the beta 2007.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 17:21   #6

What do these gold tickets do? And if I'd start a new char + be willing to pay some money. Is it actually enjoyable or will i stick with lvl 50ish for the next month being a nobody on a server with tons of rich kids rulling the server? What I liked at the old Archlord was that you had fun at all lvls. You usually found something to do and well equipped you could even keep up with some higher ones. And again I'd like to ask, whats with this statement becoming lvl 70 in one day? Was he kidding or being serious?
Old 01/10/2011, 17:29   #7

Get 200$ and you will get 90+ in a week, dont spend it all because you will discover that there is bunch of new items and lottery that eat up hell of WC. Dont get me wrong I never spend a dollar for items in this game but did spend alot of time farming itwms to trade for WC.

Some of new items:
Psy res stone that you can put in ring 2x12% max
Realm with extra psy res 12% max + normal res depending of lvl
max stone lvl 6: psy res 12% (I thinkk?)
================================================
Sum= sorcerer with 80% psy res

new stones like: all stats +15 all ele dmg and ice/psn/light dmg +5
combined uniques: blode with crit stats etc.
new stones: cooldown/cast reduce, convert to hp, crit stone in gloves att. speed in gloves

tons of new wc items, so even if you are veteran you will need a month just to adapt and some old friend to guide you
This is only part of new stuff atm, I cant write them all down I will need a week for that

Oww dont forget new zone that give you 10 times more XP then asy/ice/light/psn and pets that give you 3x more XP and toa with 100 or 200% XP...

If you are not addicted to AL anymore dont come back, it consumes too much time
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 17:34   #8

Sounds like yall are just playing cuz theres nothing better to do or feel like oh i spend so much time alrdy why quit now.
Old 01/10/2011, 17:36   #9

True. And we are kinda addicted to it. Have alot of friends and all..
Old 01/10/2011, 17:50   #10

Just get your char hacked or delete your char. Than you arent addicted anymore.
I personally dont play anymore since 2 weeks, thought it would be harder.

If you got a Gold Ticket you got 2 options.
Option 1: One more slot to an Item you can equip like a Ring or neck or armor or whatever
Option 2: Reinforce your weapon or so from +15 to +16, just an example.
Old 01/10/2011, 18:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardosa View Post
Sorcs are normal, theres no real class that can be called as OP, Sorcs got no Stun Resist against Knights and Berserkers, which are enormous critters, especially Berserkers are an ownge class if you want a critter. But if you want to crit high, you must spend a lot of money on buying nice items. Knights are hated by a lot of peeps, because of perma immunity Skills like Godlike and Enegery Barrier. Rangers are extremly weak, since every class gets 80% Resi easily. Hunters are same as always, tankers but not much to kill. Eles are a bit better than Sorcs imo, cause they can tank way better.

The support here in Webzen isnt the best, but better than in Codemasters, where they couldnt even fix dupe and glitch for months. Webzen "creates" always new bugs, the gayest ones were atm the Scion glitches, with an uberenormous, unbelievable high crit like 7000k crit or so, but those got fixed for the moment.
There are a lot of cool events, you can win some nice items + get some nice presents at the Event NPC, like i personally think.

But tbh, its all about money, if you got it, you are a pro, if you dont, you aren't. Well, even if you got like 12+ Gold Tickets in your equip, like Wildc4t on EU3, you can suck if you dont got skill / dont know your char.

Thats just my personal opinion, and i'm playing since the beta 2007.
what he said

overall tho, the best thing i can say is to log in and give it a try, there is a big event npc in the 1st and the major towns of each race that will give u free gifts at level 1-10-20-30-35-40-45-50-55-60 (cc items pots gold etc) to help u kinda get by

if u are going to start fresh i recomend u start on derribelle server in europe or stull server in the americas. (economy isnt to crazy there)

log in, give it a try, see if u like it or not, there are ALOT of things new since Ep2-Ep3

maybe find some old friends etc to give u a few more pointers

link to download

link to forums

link to main page

link to download the pdf "guide"

i just threw the guide link in there so u can perhaps familiarize yourself again with w/e it is u wanna know about the mechanics of the game or new things regarding the mechanics of the game
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 18:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagus0323 View Post
what he said

overall tho, the best thing i can say is to log in and give it a try, there is a big event npc in the 1st and the major towns of each race that will give u free gifts at level 1-10-20-30-35-40-45-50-55-60 (cc items pots gold etc) to help u kinda get by

if u are going to start fresh i recomend u start on derribelle server in europe or stull server in the americas. (economy isnt to crazy there)

log in, give it a try, see if u like it or not, there are ALOT of things new since Ep2-Ep3

maybe find some old friends etc to give u a few more pointers

link to download

link to forums

link to main page

link to download the pdf "guide"

i just threw the guide link in there so u can perhaps familiarize yourself again with w/e it is u wanna know about the mechanics of the game or new things regarding the mechanics of the game
Qft.

Ye, if you want to start from the beginning, and dont want to spend too much Wc, start in a "lower" Server, like Deribelle or so, i dont know, where a Premium Ticket costs only 7k Wc or so, not like in EU2 or EU3 for 12k Wc.
Old 01/10/2011, 18:38   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardosa View Post
.... only 7k Wc...
ROFL only 7k Wc
this post says all you need to know, webzen sucks, you waste a lot of money => you're good. nothing else to say
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 20:05   #14

pfff wath you sayd ? 1 scrroll on deribele cost 30m,wtf this is a joke? 1 day with a char lvl 50+ at normal moobs i meen 1 day=12 hours and you make 30 mil ( tested in 3 h = 3.5-3.9m) so it posible there.5 days and i have a 63 zerker there,kinda poor but is more fun there not like other servers like brumhart ( almost at all events says SERVER FULL) and wenh you make a pvp you expect to die in 2-3 seconds ),the point is if you know the game and ofcourse if you have a litle finance you can make aloth of things
Old 01/10/2011, 20:09   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam66 View Post
ROFL only 7k Wc
this post says all you need to know, webzen sucks, you waste a lot of money => you're good. nothing else to say
olol, 7k Wc isnt much.
okay, if you compare what some ( me also ) wasted on this game.

always depends on your point of view.

PS: the only was meant to the comparison of 12k Wc you must pay for one in EU2 or Eu3