Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Problem With My Server

Discussion on A Problem With My Server within the Aion Private Server forum part of the Aion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Problem With My Server

Hey everyone, I'm currently running a 2.7 server (outdated, I know), but why it acts as such is something I don't understand. Everyone that has the client has the 3.0 patch files in them, meaning it's capable of playing that version. The weirdness is that the server is considered to be 2.7, but has 3.0 places like the housing district and features like going to level 60. Though, despite the 3.0 features, we cannot access 3.0 equipment.

I'm assuming the server itself is missing the data required. So, my question basically is, where could I find these files and how would I add them to my database *without* deleting pre-existing info? I see 3.0 server files around here, but whole SQL's. So, to my knowlege, I'd have to replace my database with those and lose all characters and such. I've looked around a bit and found nothing. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 03/14/2013, 15:20   #2

Hi, the client itself is, as you wrote, a 3.0 client, which means he has all textures capable to display these areas and the server, only stores the location data and in fact does not care if the place at these coordinates exists or not.
but if you want to update your server version to 3.0 the database is not the only thing you have to worry about.
if you really want to update, you'd have a look for a complete emulator and update your database by hand, if you want to keep your chars etc. that's not a hard thing though, since the emulators have relatively similar database structures
Old 03/14/2013, 22:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-AcT View Post
Hi, the client itself is, as you wrote, a 3.0 client, which means he has all textures capable to display these areas and the server, only stores the location data and in fact does not care if the place at these coordinates exists or not.
but if you want to update your server version to 3.0 the database is not the only thing you have to worry about.
if you really want to update, you'd have a look for a complete emulator and update your database by hand, if you want to keep your chars etc. that's not a hard thing though, since the emulators have relatively similar database structures
I'm completely fine with that and figured a full scale upgrade is what I would end up needing to do. Though my problem is that I have no idea how to manually edit the databases and that sort of stuff. I'm clueless in that regard. So the new question is, how do I do that? I'll Google the answer for a bit, but will leave the question posted here in case anyone answers before I find it no my own.
Old 03/15/2013, 13:45   #4

Well, that's not a question you can answer in a simple post.

Technically you'll do it with manually written queries or a dbms (database management system), but logically you need to understand what exactly changes in the different tables.