Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 01:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons Changes Hands To Today’s Leading Free2PlayPublisher

Discussion on 9Dragons Changes Hands To Today’s Leading Free2PlayPublisher within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0

GamersFirst and Indy21 Bring You The Best Martial Arts MMORPG

Irvine, Calif.– August 24, 2010 – GamersFirst, today’s most popular Free2Play online game destination, announced its partnership with Korean game developer, Indy21, to publish 9Dragons. 9Dragons, the hit martial arts MMORPG, previously published by Acclaim Games, will be published by GamersFirst come September 2010. Current 9Dragons players will be able to continue playing with all items and characters intact after the transition.

9Dragons is a Martial Arts MMORPG set during the Ming Dynasty of feudal China. Players explore the vast expanse of the lands as a member of one of the legendary clans of Chinese Martial Arts and challenge each other for ownership of immense Fortresses in massive PvP battles.

Players can fully immerse themselves in the robust powerful storyline that details the history of ancient China and their respective clans. Tilt the balance of power between the White and Black clans and participate in quests that lead each player on a journey of enlightenment and martial art mastery.

“9Dragons is the most authentic Martial Arts MMO on the market with a very active and fun community,” say Tracy Spaight, Executive Director of Publishing for GamersFirst. “INDY21 clearly made significant investments in best-in-class resources to create this stunning Martial Arts MMO. GamersFirst looks for great Free2Play MMO titles with strong and dedicated communities and with 9Dragons we noticed a rare opportunity to incorporate a new MMO genre to the GamersFirst catalogue in addition to working with INDY21.”

In addition to the solid foundation of existing PvE and PvP gameplay, the changing of hands will also include several new key features over the next quarter, including:
• Dedicated tutorial map for easing new players into the 9Dragons experience
• New high level dungeon encounter “Vault of the Ice Dragon”
• Updated “Tibet” map
• Brand new Kung Fu patterns to master
• ‘Most Wanted’ list – useful in avoiding—or becoming—one of the most dangerous and skilled players in PvP

“We chose GamersFirst, because it is a company that understands the Free2Play market and communicates with its gamer community,” said Yong-Nam Jin, CFO at Indy 21. “We have seen GamersFirst build Free2Play MMO’s with the same type of strong community presence that exists within 9Dragons and are looking forward to continuing the success of the game.”

Look out for details on the launch date for 9Dragons on GamersFirst at . You can also sign up on our Facebook fan site at

About INDY21
Founded in 2000, INDY21 began the development of a Full 3D role-playing online game 9Dragons. Now, 9Dragons has become of the most successful Free2Play MMORPG’s in its genre and has launched in the Americas , Europe and Southeast Asia. Staying true to their values and strong spirit, INDY21 has turned their passion of martial arts into a leading MMORPG, taking hold of the MMO world on a Global level.

About GamersFirst
GamersFirst is the leading Free2Play® MMO publisher in the Western hemisphere. Serving more than 30 million players, GamersFirst.com is where gamers decide the price of the games they love to play–even when that price is “free.” Powered by GamersFirst CONNECT, the end-to-end game publishing, game operations and game community platform made available to all of GamersFirst’s Development Partners, GamersFirst.com features the hit MMOs; Knight Online, Sword 2, War Rock and OurWorld and future hits including 9Dragons, MKZ, Victory and Taikodom. Read more about the company and find all of their games at

Hope to have a new a god begin and also same new hacks )
Old 08/24/2010, 23:51   #2

woow good to hear no more acclame ****. Hope the gamefirst will do much more better job than acclame with mr.fuckyougen, also i would like to get back my hyb :S
Old 08/25/2010, 10:53   #3

that's great i hope they won't be as acclaim[money addicted]
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2010, 16:51   #4

indy21 had their reasons to not extend contract with acclame. I think indy21 wanted to make 9dragons free2play game, not addicted free2pay for pvp gear... hope g1 will not rip off money from ppl like acclame did.
Old 08/25/2010, 23:20   #5

good news ty for the post
remind me somthing i said yesterday
9d wont be close or so :]
Old 08/26/2010, 18:56   #6

All to whant to know more about the new publisher here it`s the link for 9D

GL and cya all to the new land
Old 08/27/2010, 19:06   #7

Best thing that happened to 9D!
Old 08/27/2010, 22:05   #8

Well after 3 years of playing i left that ****** game few months ago, i was logging from time to time to check whats going on.

And today guess what, im runnin launcher and then i see "Acclaim no longer in service" haha i was laughing so hard, after all those years, those ******* got punished and closed, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha that made my day

Im so happy that those ******* got closed Well who knows maybe now i can back But important thing is what they gonna do with gold sellers and hyper inflation
Old 08/27/2010, 22:29   #9

They didnt closed by them selfs just the contract ended with indy21, probably indy21 had their reasons to not extend license of 9Dragons to acclame.

I am curious to what happen with this inflation ;/ shity ps hermit weapons cost much more than gold cap in game... it would rocks if g1 delete whole gold from ppl, i think is best way to normalize the game is collecting gold from begining.

See Korean ppl and other asian (not including Viets sorry but you work same as we polish ppl do not all but most) they have a diffrent mentaly to games F2P, most of americans/euro game's company's count for profit... I will remember acclame as company which placed the target on Item Mall business
Old 08/28/2010, 01:01   #10

im not so happy i have 5 chars 2role i need my acc back this bastards i wait for new land we see what happen with our accounts i just need my accounts back and my stuffs .. deam it acclaim noobz who steal people money ..
Old 08/29/2010, 10:23   #11

will all of the previous characters be transfered?
Old 08/29/2010, 10:26   #12

Well nobody know if will be. I heard that they have problem to get database of 9dragon's but who know...
Old 08/30/2010, 01:48   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Unit View Post
Well after 3 years of playing i left that ****** game few months ago, i was logging from time to time to check whats going on.

And today guess what, im runnin launcher and then i see "Acclaim no longer in service" haha i was laughing so hard, after all those years, those ******* got punished and closed, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha that made my day

Im so happy that those ******* got closed Well who knows maybe now i can back But important thing is what they gonna do with gold sellers and hyper inflation

u should try to log in from time to time 9D changed a lot and the pvp system is really balanced atm , and with GF as the new publisher i think a lot of things will change , they sayed they will add new skills , new lvls , new dungeon , new maps , new clans and they will re-ballance the pvp system but i say its really OK atm.

9D Best Martial Arts MMORPG of 2008/9/lets hope 2010 too
Old 08/30/2010, 09:39   #14

GF should reset all ppl stat's and introduce kr stat system becouse were acclaim stat system been only under ck build. And if you wanted to go for pvp you should spent many $$ to get many flags etc. + spend money on gold seller's to buy some good pvp gear in game... F2P game, for me f2p is only undercover
Old 09/01/2010, 08:11   #15

My honest thoughts on this matter , are the following , thinking from perspective , mmorpg's are a business , what does this mean ? well it means that everything you do ingame purchase premium/bring a friend click an add , gives the company owning the game money , acclaim already knew this was going to happen , why ? i've known this since they implemented ads in their game a couple of years back , so they made due with what they could , knowing that they will be shut down , they tried to make it as spectacularly as possible , adding as much as they could to get the players to buy premium because let's face it at higher lvl's grinding without premium is like sticking a finger in your eye every 5 seconds , so what they did is simple , change the game so that players need premium to level up , get as much money as you can and get the hell out of there , what's really sad about this thing is that , 9dragons is not a bad game , it's actually quite nice , but honestly acclame's policy upon mmorpg's was doomed from the start , 9dragons and dance online are (were) the only things that kept the company goin` , it's funny to think that they are evil , thinking back I still remember the great SNES games from acclaim , wich were pretty good , as time went on I said to myself , this is going to be something good something reliable , but as Silicon Knights-Crystal dinamics and other firms , they got sucked into the void of nonexistence inside a bigger firm , so anyway to conclude my long rant , mmorpg's a re business and acclame tried to make the most of it , ripping off players , good business , bad popularity .
Goodbye acclame may your money grabbing arms be broken forever.
Cheers.
Closed Thread