Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 15:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

e*Points

Discussion on e*Points within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
e*Points

I'll try to make this short and sweet;

I've had this idea for some time now. Elitepvpers has a wide range of things you can buy including Premium, e*Gold, so on so forth. But, not everyone has the money to be able to do that. So why not implement a new e*Points system (similar to e*Gold) but instead of spending money to accumulate these points - you contribute towards releases, get involved with the community, report posts and etc to acquire them.

It would vaguely work like this;

1 Post = 1 e*Point
1 Thread = 2 e*Points
1 (good) report = 2 e*Points
1 Blog Post = 2 e*Points
1 Received thanks = 0.5 e*Points

Then, you'd be able to spend your accumulated points in an e*Point tab inside User CP and buy stuff such as,

Custom User Title (selection of custom colours) - 250 e*Points
Increased Avatar Size - 150 e*Points
Ability to use GIF as an Avatar - 200 e*Points
Extra image slots in your signature - 200 e*Points
XP for star level (some people care ) - 350 e*Points
Trade points for limited Premium time -> xx e*Points
Buy medals / awards to go beneath your profile - ?? e*Points

Of course, this would raise the question of people spamming rubbish to gain points, and that's true, but if you flip that around, it would also give moderators something to do if that problem does arise.Another main increase from this would be activity in all sections as it would make people more inclined to get involved in the community to gain points. Obviously this idea can have many positives/flaws and that's why I'm completely open to ideas.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/11/2017, 20:00   #2

elite*gold: 34
1post 0,5point
1thank 1 point
Maybe better
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/11/2017, 20:18   #3

elite*gold: 23
in my opinion, simplicity is the key.
this stuff is just overstuffing forum
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/11/2017, 23:31   #4

elite*gold: 558
The Black Market: 296/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,525
I don't dislike this suggestion. I'll for sure consider this when reworking a reward system. Maybe we could even work out some deals with our partners to get some periphery which could be purchased with those points.

No promises though. We would also have to balance the rewards in regards to possible spam. Maybe hand out a fine if people get warnings and infractions? I'll monitor this thread for any additional input!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/12/2017, 05:59   #5

elite*gold: 270
Received Thanks: 2,706
This feature shouldn't work in forums like OffTopic, BlackMarket (because Push) or Freebies. Otherwhise it would be to easy.
Old 07/12/2017, 08:37   #6
eager to elevate

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikasyExa View Post
This feature shouldn't work in forums like OffTopic, BlackMarket (because Push) or Freebies. Otherwhise it would be to easy.
Push posts get deleted, so nothing to worry about.
Why disable it in the freebies section? People provide free stuff, so why shouldn't they get points for incoming thanks?
Old 07/12/2017, 09:05   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacx View Post
I don't dislike this suggestion. I'll for sure consider this when reworking a reward system. Maybe we could even work out some deals with our partners to get some periphery which could be purchased with those points.

No promises though. We would also have to balance the rewards in regards to possible spam. Maybe hand out a fine if people get warnings and infractions? I'll monitor this thread for any additional input!
That sounds like a good idea. Removal of posts could count as a removal of points (more e*p removed than how much the post was worth, to give a sense of punishment) and infractions could even halt the ability to gain points at all until it's either expired, or place them on a temporary week point ban or something.

Good to know. Any further suggestions from myself and I'll be sure to forward them on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikasyExa View Post
I agree here with TBM and Off-Topic. Those sections are rarely used in a contributing sense.
Old 07/12/2017, 10:36   #8
eager to elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I agree here with TBM and Off-Topic. Those sections are rarely used in a contributing sense.
Funny how you rly think, that we're just spamming in the OT.
There are many threads where ppl do really discuss stuff and get help for many various questions.

Like I said, push posts get deleted at the BM.
Old 07/12/2017, 11:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonkee View Post
Funny how you rly think, that we're just spamming in the OT.
There are many threads where ppl do really discuss stuff and get help for many various questions.

Like I said, push posts get deleted at the BM.
I get your point, but why should that section gain points when most of their threads are used simply to start random conversation, post your favorite X, and etc? I feel like the points should be earned fairly. For example, gaining them for helping in Ask The Expert threads, or maybe even allowing users to gift other users points for helping them.

It would be too complicated to root out the random posts in OT from the genuine ones.
Old 07/12/2017, 11:31   #10
eager to elevate

Quote:
I get your point, but why should that section gain points when most of their threads are used simply to start random conversation, post your favorite X, and etc? I feel like the points should be earned fairly. For example, gaining them for helping in Ask The Expert threads, or maybe even allowing users to gift other users points for helping them.

It would be too complicated to root out the random posts in OT from the genuine ones.
You can find those senseless posts in any section.
Not every section has a ask the expert subforum.
Why get points through thanks? Thanks are given flippantly.
Old 07/12/2017, 11:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonkee View Post
You can find those senseless posts in any section.
Not every section has a ask the expert subforum.
Why get points through thanks? Thanks are given flippantly.
I didn't mean give points via thanks, I meant users could gift them (maximum 3 points) per day for helping them. You could prevent users from abusing this by possibly asking the user who is gifting another user a point, to link the post which they helped them in.

This idea will contain many flaws - that's why I posted it here for suggestions and opinions in order to improve . That's why when I posted the idea, the main rewards for points aren't anything much. I placed that to prevent users from simply spamming posts to gain points thinking they will gain an advantage over others when they have a lot of points - when they won't.
Old 07/12/2017, 16:50   #12

elite*gold: 558
The Black Market: 296/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,525
Quote:

Our community has a lot of facets. While the off topic might not help people the same way a ask the experts section does, it is still a major activity and a foothold of elitepvpers. Not giving them rewards for contributing in their own way would not be fair and will not be introduced.
Old 08/03/2017, 14:47   #13

The Black Market: 204/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,349
Quote:
XP for star level (some people care ) - 350 e*Points

yes, pls.
Old 08/03/2017, 21:31   #14

Received Thanks: 1,858
A reward system for being an active member sounds great,
but I dont want guys abusing it.
We already have people who just spam to increase post counter.

Some rules for e*Points could be:

Quote:
- Limit per day gained ePoints you can earn with post.
You get low ePoints per day and need to be active in a long run.
Quote:
- Every x thanks the ePoint value will be x% less effective to stop
THX-checker coding release abuser and has a max limit.
To get access to the ePoint Store:
Quote:
-registrated for at least 6 - 12 months to avoid abusing
and give time to collect the points without spamming.
Quote:
-you need the trader badge
Quote:
-your last warning was 2 month ago, bad boys dont get rewards.
Quote:
-Post Value are dependent on thanks.
10k Posts with 1k thanks are useless.
If u wanna get the colored custom usertitle for 1000 ePoints,
you would earn ~0,01 - 3 ePoints per post,1 - 0,01 post per thanks.

Old Members should get the points based on the activity in the past.
It should have a complex algorithm to calculate the value of your activity.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/03/2017, 23:38   #15

elite*gold: 12
Sounds reasonable but might be hard to execute properly.