Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] vSRO (rework) permanent buffs

Discussion on [Release] vSRO (rework) permanent buffs within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] vSRO (rework) permanent buffs

Hello
I was looking into permanent buffs and there is not really any good system for it, there is one released by @Stroxy_ but it will just lag your database and crash SR_GameServer cause of stupidity in the code.
The only error this generate is when a player is killed by a monster, it tries to remove from _TimedJob but do not find the ID cause the skill is normally depleted when you die.

*Warning* this is coded for new servers and not currently running servers, you can get it to work but you have to do it yourself

*Warning* This system was coded for 110cap and it may require edits for higher cap servers with higher cap skills

First step
Open your SQL managment studio and go to Tools -> Options under Designers remove the check mark on "Prevent saving changes that require table re-creation"

Second step
Go to SRO_VT_SHARD or whatever your shard database name is and find Tables _CharSkill right click and select Design

Add these:
Basic_Code varchar(MAX) Checked
[Permanent] tinyint Unchecked

Make sure Permanent has a default value of ((0))

Third step
Go to SRO_VT_SHARD or whatever your shard database name is and under Programmability find [dbo].[_skill_manage]

Replace with this:

Final step
Go to SRO_VT_LOG or whatever your log database name is and under Programmability find [dbo].[_AddLogChar]

Add this:
Code:
	-- Permanent buffs
	/*
		6 = LOGIN / LOGOUT
		9 = Teleport
		20 = Killed by monster
		21 = Respawn
	*/
	IF (@EventID IN (6,4,9,21)) 
	BEGIN
		INSERT INTO [SRO_VT_SHARD].[dbo].[_TimedJob] SELECT CharID, 0, SkillID, 959200,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 FROM [SRO_VT_SHARD].[dbo].[_CharSkill] WHERE CharID = @CharID AND [Permanent] = 1 AND SkillID NOT IN(SELECT JobID FROM [SRO_VT_SHARD].[dbo].[_TimedJob] WHERE CharID = @CharID);
	END
Please let me know if you experience any bugs with this, remember that your database must be clean with no _Charskill other than the default ones.

Preview

Current bugs
  1. Sometimes you have to teleport twice before receiving the permanent buffs, this is not due to the coding but due to the _AddLogChar executing after teleport is complete, you can solve it another way by Filter coding.

Enjoy!
Old 02/27/2019, 16:50   #2

No crash Game Server?
Old 02/27/2019, 17:03   #3

elite*gold: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin* View Post
No crash Game Server?
The gameserver crash happens because you buff the Fire shield without having a shield on. This version of the permanent buffs do not support the fire shield, neither the pacheon buffs.
Old 02/27/2019, 18:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin* View Post
No crash Game Server?
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ykoe View Post
The gameserver crash happens because you buff the Fire shield without having a shield on. This version of the permanent buffs do not support the fire shield, neither the pacheon buffs.
Also the lightning skill for moving forward quickly was crashing with the old one.
Old 02/27/2019, 21:52   #5

Old 02/27/2019, 23:50   #6

Great and NEW idea You awesome
Old 02/28/2019, 03:34   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZαKuRα View Post
Use it, it will crash your gameserver and it will also increase the MS of your gameserver by flooding with errors and bad coding in _AddLogChar
Old 02/28/2019, 05:07   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsh View Post
Please bro
as i see you a Great coder
please can you help with this error ?

2019-02-28 05:29:35 [SR_GameServer] CLAMP() ==> min(1.000) exceeded max(-2147483648.000) value), File: D:\WORK2005\Source\SilkroadOnline\Server\SR_GameSe rver\GObjPC.cpp, Line: 6168

Release something can fix it pleaseeee
game server crashing after 20 - 30 hours
The clamp error is not the reason for your GameServer crashing, it is something else. The only thing that clamp error is from is when your EXP rate is really high.

Also this is not the correct thread for solving this type of issues, you can add me on Discord if you wish.
Old 02/28/2019, 13:25   #9

that I miss it works perfectly for me and I've already used it
Old 02/28/2019, 15:33   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZαKuRα View Post
how strange ami works perfectly for me and I've already used it
ami?
Old 03/17/2019, 07:20   #11

If I have a server online, will I not be able to use the permanent buffer? or you want to say that I have to turn off the server to apply the permanent buff and then turn it on, I do not understand that part
Old 04/15/2019, 09:46   #12

not working
Old 06/02/2019, 03:05   #13

''Replace with this:
''

can upload this ?
Old 06/02/2019, 03:40   #14

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
This is so stupid, please add some checks if the skills exist already in _timedjob or no otherwise it'll keep inserting into _timedjob table.....
Old 06/04/2019, 04:55   #15

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locklyon View Post
This is so stupid, please add some checks if the skills exist already in _timedjob or no otherwise it'll keep inserting into _timedjob table.....
It does check for existingness. "SkillID NOT IN _TimedJobs's.SkillID"

However!!
This is not very efficient. In fact, this is blatantly stupid.

#1. You don't delete from _TimedJob, as mentioned by Locklyon. Meaning the table will just become huge as fuck due to 2nd,3rd,4th chars etc. Just delete upon logout. IF @EventID = 6 -> DEL JobID from PermaBuffSkillIDList.

#2. Please guys. Stop adding columns to tables, cause you apparently don't understand how the query engine even works.
You added a "Permanent" column.
Sub-mistake #1: IF you add a column for "true/false". Make it BOOL not tinyint.
#2: _CharSkill is a comparatively huge table in the SRODB, due to the fact that every Characters full skill list is added. Meaning you have a quite large dataset already. Why would you add ANOTHER column again which just makes the dataset larger when its quite large already.
The thing is. There are multiple ways to do this, many are at least efficient. Not clean, not good looking. BUT they work in an efficient manner. This release is for those 100player servers on VPS that srsly don't understand. But what you have done is. You apparently took a diff. permabuff query and REWORKED it into utter complete bullshit.

Thanks for that.

How to permabuff in an efficient manner:
Put all applicable buffs into new Table: PermabuffList.
Go into _RefSkill. Find out why Premium+ does NOT disappear on death (Check params guys)
Find the param for "time".
Add Time & "Stay on death" parameters to all skills from PermabuffList.
Now, go to the shieldbuff remove the parameter for "Requirement: Shield".
Additionally, go to ShieldBuff. Check column for req wep.... make it 255 for no wep needed.

Understood? Awesome. Lets do the same on Pacheon Hawks. Either Attk. Rate OR self-attacking hawk. Let people do their config if you don't wanna force em.

Now write a procedure. Join _CharSkill Where CharID = @CharID & SkillID = SkillID.

Thats very fast. Why? 'Cause CharID, SkillID have a so-called Primary Key Index.

Now since you've got all the applicable skills. Insert them into _timedJob.
When a character logs out, delete those.

Want it perfect without two teleports?

Hook it to the filter and wait while query executes.
OR
Check USER login, grant buffs to all _User.CharIDs.
When Character finally logs in, delete buffs from other characters on same User.

Done.

Yes this is more work. But stop doing UNFINISHED systems/releases for the masses. Either let them die stupid or explain it to them. But 'release' your crap from your generous anal hole into the potty. Don't put it here as a re-crapped version.

With hate & love,
Akasch
Thanks
6 Users