Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[PROGRESS] of fixing the Server files!

Discussion on [PROGRESS] of fixing the Server files! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/31/2010, 17:25   #511

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrius View Post
This should probably be closed.
I think there are MAYBE 2 - 3 people ACTUALLY working on this.
The others just write their silly errors and **** that nobody is interested in.
No progress has been made, I don't think anyone will fix it, without someone getting csro server files and database.
I agree with your opinion, but i think we need assembled a team of people whos going to work with making database of this server files.
Old 05/31/2010, 17:30   #512
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
you need to form a team, and dedicate to finding or fixing the files, as i have been informed, that, ecsro, could be shared anytime, but im not sure if its true
Old 05/31/2010, 17:43   #513

ecsro won't share their's server files. They just wanna more money or maiby they sell their server files but price i think will be very high
Old 05/31/2010, 21:45   #514

I still believe there are files missing from the SL.rar. A lot of the files in the Data folders where different sizes compared to the 1.091 files and the version Joymax was running at the time (2008). Plus the Downserver files seem to be encrypted. Without proper decryption or database, these files are pretty much useless.

Here's something to think about:

If these server files were actually legit, why wouldn't Ocean use his database (for the 1.091 client) with this version instead of the POS 1.091 version?
Old 05/31/2010, 22:08   #515

elite*gold: 20
because these files cannot work
Old 06/01/2010, 01:09   #516
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chernobyl View Post
I still believe there are files missing from the SL.rar. A lot of the files in the Data folders where different sizes compared to the 1.091 files and the version Joymax was running at the time (2008). Plus the Downserver files seem to be encrypted. Without proper decryption or database, these files are pretty much useless.

Here's something to think about:

If these server files were actually legit, why wouldn't Ocean use his database (for the 1.091 client) with this version instead of the POS 1.091 version?
a friend time ago, show me a pic, of a Gm on ESCRO, using an "invisible" character, he told me the gm, tod him that he was testing an euro
then i found something in a chinese forum months ago, in where some people uses that client cuz they dont want euros overpower the chinese so, they make the file run old client, thats why they ask yuo to download many patches
Old 06/01/2010, 07:22   #517

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
They are not missing.
Data might be encrypted as well.. Or not... w.e....
Without any complete _REF tables these files are useless...

Quote:
Warek or zubby said that ocean tried... But um.. Like you know. Failed. Cuz like ocean has an IQ of +- $ sooo...
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/01/2010, 08:32   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhole1123 View Post
a friend time ago, show me a pic, of a Gm on ESCRO, using an "invisible" character, he told me the gm, tod him that he was testing an euro
then i found something in a chinese forum months ago, in where some people uses that client cuz they dont want euros overpower the chinese so, they make the file run old client, thats why they ask yuo to download many patches
The only way the European data could be implemented would be to have the source files. You would create the European maps, weapons, characters....etc.... Then you would create the client with that data in it. I think there were 75+ maps added to the European expansion. The problem here is that the 1.091 clients do not contain the European expansion.

It's been said before that Ocean could not add the European expansion with the version he had. The SL.rar files were the current files as of Nov 2007 (after the European expansion) If you disassemble the files you will see that in the .exe strings themselves. If you disassemble the ECSRO client, the European data is missing from that. The European characters you saw may have been .PK2 edits being tried out. This can be done without source files.
Old 06/04/2010, 23:20   #519

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrius View Post
Warek or zubby said that ocean tried... But um.. Like you know. Failed. Cuz like ocean has an IQ of +- $ sooo...
why dont we ask Ra to get them working?
Old 06/04/2010, 23:35   #520

The files are missing quite more than a db. Also I'm sure that the db that the psros are using is not fully compatible with these files.
Old 06/04/2010, 23:36   #521

Received Thanks: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo123 View Post
why dont we ask Ra to get them working?
Ask him... You won't get them anyway.
Old 06/05/2010, 00:28   #522

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
who said that i want to have them?
he once said that those we're really similar to the ones he had, we could simply ask him if he could try to make those working. i don't want them to be shared(it would just fully ruin sro) , but it would be really fun to have some more possibilities on a pserver. like european party grinding etc
Old 06/05/2010, 00:34   #523

Received Thanks: 4,729
at this point of view i fully agree with yo123.

i usually stand for sharing stuff that was leaked..to avoid monopolization.
but when i saw the reaction when every single kiddo wanted to host his "Sea EMU" server, i just facepalmed my dog several times until it stopped breading. jk.

indeed it would bring up more development if some more people would work on those files (like on dekaron for example). but leaking the files would really ruin the game!
Old 06/05/2010, 01:58   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
at this point of view i fully agree with yo123.

i usually stand for sharing stuff that was leaked..to avoid monopolization.
but when i saw the reaction when every single kiddo wanted to host his "Sea EMU" server, i just facepalmed my dog several times until it stopped breading. jk.

indeed it would bring up more development if some more people would work on those files (like on dekaron for example). but leaking the files would really ruin the game!
I disagree. I dont want to have to pick from a handfull of **** servers. Why not share them with all and the nice servers will rise and the other bad ones will fall. + You could make one or what ever just to mess around.
Old 06/05/2010, 05:33   #525

Ra has already been asked. and just like every other pserver nub creator, he will not
help the general public. /end of story.
Closed Thread