Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Suggestion]New Alchemy System

Discussion on [Suggestion]New Alchemy System within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Do you think this is good suggestion?
Yes, absolutely. 2 22.22%
No, I am lucky enough 4 44.44%
Maybe 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up [Suggestion]New Alchemy System

Hello all.
I am playing this game since its launched. And I always find it's alchemy system very time consuming and favors lucky people.

According to math, if a person won lottery in his life once, he is more likely to win lottery again.

If you are lucky in life, you are lucky in game, doesnt matter the rates of succes, doesnt matter how many server you changed, you will be always pimping gears while unlucky people fail all the time, regardless of trying other servers. So I think about it and found much better system, a system much more balanced, favors everyone who has gold and ofcourse consumes much less time than original alchemy system. So lets begin.

There will be three grades of elixirs. There won't be different elixirs, no accesory, no protector, no shield or weapon. There would be only one kind elixir which could be applied to every gear. There is no chance your gear will be fail while enhancing, much like Advanced Elixir, which succes rate is %100.

*Grade A: Usable on equipment between +0 - +5 (Succes rate 100%)
*Grade B: Usable on equipment between +5 - +10 (Succes rate 100%)
*Grade C: Usable on equipment between +10-+15 (Succes rate 100%)

So you may ask isn't it too easy to pimp +15 in this theory? Hell no.

Grade A will be cheapest and most reachable elixir on the server. Grade B will be hard to get, and Grade C will be nearly impossible. These elixirs will be sold only on Jewel Lapidary. Elixir's price will be determined by professional developers in order to bring balance to economy. For example, Grade A elixir's price should be so balanced, Full +5 set (proc-acc set) and +5 weapon cost shouldn't be hard to encourage people to get normal set in order to survive battlefield of Silkroad. There are 6 protector parts and 4 accesory and 1 weapon. Total 11 parts of gears, this means required amount of elixir is 55.

Elixirs will be sold in gold only. Server will be job based, it will encourage people to wear their suit on and join the action. Because everyone will be wanting to get better set since they have no doubt it will fail! You can't imagine how much this change bring joy to the community!

Just think about it. No lucky stones, no immortal stones, no astral stones, no steady, no lucky powder, none of these unnecessary things. Game will be much cleaner and smooth. No one will complain by being ''unlucky''. All they have to do is gain gold to be stronger. This system will bring end to PAY2WIN system of Silkroad!

I also think blues should be work the same way.

Sold only from Jewellery NPC which I think should be best.

STR stone will be succes and adds last possible value to gear you pimp.
So INT stone.
So MASTER stone.
Every single stone means 100% succes and adds maximum value server allows.
About important stones such as critical stone, block rate stone, it could be based on luck because they are vital stones of game OR maybe these two stones being sold at NPC for SO MUCH GOLD that only hard working JOB players could dare to buy one. But reward will be enormous, Crit X (100%) or Blocking rate X (100%)

And list goes on. Nobody will complain by being unlucky.
This system will give end to Premium PLUS madness. The most unnecessary and greedy item Silkroad has.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2017, 13:10   #2

elite*gold: 1400
The normal alchemy system is the best thing in SRO as it brings the fun in upgrading your weapon & try your luck then you can sell your weapon with any price ' If you had higher plus you would find more challenges '
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2017, 15:27   #3

I like ur system. Would love to see it in a server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2017, 17:21   #4

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
According to math, if a person won lottery in his life once, he is more likely to win lottery again.
Such math.
Old 07/26/2017, 03:36   #5

Received Thanks: 1,415
Request to move to 'no life, only silkroad' section.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2017, 06:11   #6

I like your idea, but it requires, if I'm not wrong the source code to implement such alchemy system
About this idea...
Quote:
Elixirs will be sold in gold only. Server will be job based, it will encourage people to wear their suit on and join the action. Because everyone will be wanting to get better set since they have no doubt it will fail! You can't imagine how much this change bring joy to the community!
there will be a high imbalance between donator and non donator
Let's say the gold rate and ingame inflation is low, selling silk for gold and buying such elixirs easy thing for donators because is a "sure and easy way"
according to the classic system , if they are buying immortal stones and astrals for 20k silk they won't get a set full +15 , that's for sure, but if they sell 20k silk for gold for sure they will be able to buy that kind of elixirs and upgrade their items
But still can be balance in another ways
Old 07/26/2017, 11:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2111 View Post
One of my dream is disabling f10 completely. I hate soldable silk items. I would either disable f10 completely, or just left some accesories on it such as ridepet, atack pet...
Old 07/26/2017, 16:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2111 View Post
I like your idea, but it requires, if I'm not wrong the source code to implement such alchemy system
About this idea...

Let's say the gold rate and ingame inflation is low, selling silk for gold and buying such elixirs easy thing for donators because is a "sure and easy way"
according to the classic system , if they are buying immortal stones and astrals for 20k silk they won't get a set full +15 , that's for sure, but if they sell 20k silk for gold for sure they will be able to buy that kind of elixirs and upgrade their items
But still can be balance in another ways
Well, since the main "quest" would be to gain gold, i think its not easy to sell silk for gold. Anyway, disable the silk scrolls or tradeable itemmall items would fix that. Silk/h would calm it down a little more i think aswell.

@

Sadly nobody would host a non-profit server
Old 07/26/2017, 19:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acs' View Post
The normal alchemy system is the best thing in SRO as it brings the fun in upgrading your weapon & try your luck then you can sell your weapon with any price ' If you had higher plus you would find more challenges '

I agree with you , SRO is all about the alchemy n its difficulty so if you wanna a higher alchemy rate your server economy gonna fall down .
Old 08/05/2017, 09:42   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRO_Addict View Post

If you are lucky in life, you are lucky in game,
you see the life through rose colored glasses
Old 10/18/2017, 21:02   #11

NIce
Old 10/19/2017, 15:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZΞDStorm View Post
I agree with you, Alchemy system of sro is the best. It makes sro different from other games
Old 01/05/2018, 13:32   #13

The idea at all is a good beginning of thinking about how alchemy works and how alchemy impacts the game. Making +5 sometimes is horrible enough. Get Premium PLUS, lucky dress, lucky stones and powder is the only way to be successful. I also want to mention that server Cap and Degree depends on how your system should work. E.g. Having +15 SoSun at D8 is too big. On D8 your SoSun weapon would be like lvl 64+15 = lvl 79, where the best non-SoX is lvl 72. So in my opinion SoM should be the highest on D8, and also the max + should be +9 for balance. Lvl 64+10+9 = lvl 83.

Perhaps a better balance between alchemy success rate and gold spent could be an elixir exhange NPC, where you can exchange e.g. 100 elixir to 1 better elixir with better success rate. Exchange 10 of the good elixir for a better one with better success rate. This would support both, the guys that farm elixir in party and the players who go trade/thief. Farming elixirs allows you to get better elixirs, and farming gold with trading allows you to buy better elixirs from other players. Win/Win.

Feel free to leave feedback