Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Silkroad - The Remake

Discussion on [Project] Silkroad - The Remake within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Project] Silkroad - The Remake

Silkroad - The Remake Project

IN ENGLISH:
Please scroll down, if you want to read the german version!

Background of this idea:

Since a very long time I followed the entries here in the forum about Silkroad Online and the private servers resulted by the Community.
A private server after another is closed after approx. 1-2 months, because they simply have boring or not enough content or content that appeared too often in other private servers or by other MMORPGs.
Something like that gives no pleasure.
Several times I've tried to integrate in any private server to share my ideas with servercreators, because I have a lot of ideas in my head which just have to integrate into the game.
So I've found out about an alternative ... in terms of ... "How can i do it better?"
As a result, I started to edit/create an own privat-server with my ideas, but it felt very awkward because I didnt understood when I clicked on "Run" on the serverfiles... The files gave me not enough information about the procedure or the process.

That are the basics, this is the reason why I started my own project, because Silkroad CAN! be a very good game, if we transfer it into the present.
So I started to work with the Unreal Engine and I started to recreate the game in that engine, so I can invent the game based on my ideas... to invent my kind of "Silkroad".
The more I worked myself into that Engine, the more it became clear to me that the engine provides unlimited possibilities or opportunities for the game.

What does the Unreal Engine offer in comparison to the original game?

- Completely improved graphics
- High-Resolution-Textures
- W,A,S,D: Movement (More Flexibility, compared with the Click n' Run-system)
- Better and active Fightsystem
- Dynamic behaviour of Players, Game and Interface
- Dynamic Weathersystem

Small example of improvements for the gameplay:

- Crafting-system can be extended (for example, that you dont only need elixirs and stones to improve your weapons)
- Extended Job-system
- Information for the Weathersystem
1. In the darkness other monsters are on the move (This can be used for different quests or to farm different mats from those monsters)
2. If it rains, it complicates the Trades (The transport animal moves more slowly by mud, the same applies for the thieves and their transport animals!)

Everything can be provided or be implemented what you imagine yourself. The engine is immeasurable.

Of course I learn from myself here and re-create a little bit what appears in other MMORPGs too, but I think the idea of Job-system for crafting is simply good and I would see it with pleasure in Silkroad!

Here some screenshots: (However, please notes that it is at the moment an extremely early prototype!!!)

Jangan-Prototype-1:

Jangan-Prototype-2:

Day-Night-Cycle:

It's raining ... the surrounding areas getting wet ... urrg

Comparison (Extreme early prototype!!!):

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now... Why this Thread?
Because I need your help in this project!
This is a mammoth of a project and I do not come all around that I require who copy e.g. the weapons, the equipment, the towns in new,fresh and detailed textures.
Futhermore this project will need anybody who will create various animations for the characters.
I'm working on the gameplay at the moment as well as interactions with interfaces, objects, character, items and their structures, fight-system, crafting and quest-system.

Any help, improvements or suggestions are welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO. I offer no money, this is an amateur project of my side and it is a sort of fan project!!
Also for the work on various animation or the others, I won't pay you any money for this!!

What do you think about this? Do you have even other ideas for the game?
I'm looking forward for a little brain-storming of yours and mine of course.

PN if you have any questions.

__________________________________________________ ____________

AUF DEUTSCH:

Hintergrund dieser Idee:

Seit sehr langer Zeit verfolge ich die Einträge hier in dem Forum über Silkroad Online und die durch die Community entstandenen Privat-Servern.
Ein Privat-Server nach dem anderen wird nach ca 1-2 Monaten geschlossen, da sie einfach keine Inhalte bieten die bereits in anderen Privat-Servern aufgetaucht sind oder die durch andere MMORPGs "ausgelutscht" sind.
Sowas macht keinen Spaß und hält auch nicht bei Laune. Mehrmals habe ich versucht mich irgendwo einzubinden um meine Ideen mit Server-Erstellern zu teilen, denn ich habe sehr viel in meinem Kopf, das einfach nur umgesetzt werden muss.
Also habe ich mich über eine Alternative schlau gemacht... im Sinne von.... "Wie bekomme ich das besser hin?"
Daraufhin habe ich mich an der Privat-Servererstellung gemacht, jedoch empfand ich es als 'zu sperrig' und ich selber verstand nicht immer was gerade wirklich abging wenn ich 'Start' klickte. Die Files gaben mir persönlich zu wenig Informationen über den Ablauf.

Jedoch entstand meine Idee auf dieser Basis, dass Silkroad an sich ein sehr gutes Spiel sein KANN! Wenn man es an die heutige Zeit anpassen würde.
Somit fing ich an mit der Unreal Engine zu arbeiten und erstellte das Spiel in dieser Engine um auf diese Weise, meine Art und Weise von 'Silkroad' zu erschaffen.
Je mehr ich mich in die Engine eingearbeitet hatte, desto mehr wurde mir klar, dass die Engine unbegrenzte Möglichkeiten bietet das Spiel noch weiter zu entfalten!

Was bietet die Unreal Engine im Vergleich zum Originalspiel?

- Durch und durch verbesserte Grafik
- High-Resolution-Texturen
- W,A,S,D: Movement (Mehr Flexibilität, im Vergleich zu Click 'n Run)
- Verbessertes, aktiveres Kampfsystem
- Dynamisches Verhalten von Spieler, Spiel und Interface
- Dynamisches Wettersystem:

Kleines Beispiel für Verbesserungen für das Gameplay:

- Crafting-System kann erweitert werden (Das nicht nur Elixir und Stones benötigt werden um seine Waffen zu verbessern)
- Berufe erlernen
- Zum Wettersystem:
1. In der Dunkelheit sind andere Monster unterwegs (Können auch in verschiedenen Quests eingebunden werden)
2. Wenn es regnet, erschwert es die Trades (Das Transporttier bewegt sich langsamer durch schlamm. Das gleiche gilt für Thieves und ihre Transporttiere) jedoch fällt die Belohnung höher aus.

Es kann alles erstellt bzw implementiert werden, was man sich nur vorstellen kann. Die Engine bietet keine Grenzen!

Natürlich schaue ich mir hier und da ein wenig etwas ab, was in anderen MMORPGs vorkommt, aber die Idee für Berufe etc. finde ich einfach gut und würde ich gerne in Silkroad sehen!

Hier einpaar Screenshots: (Doch bitte bedenkt, dass es sich hier um einen extrem frühen Prototypen handelt!)

Jangan-Prototype-1:

Jangan-Prototype-2:

Day-Night-Cycle:

Raining... Die Umgebung wird feucht... urggg...

Der Vergleich (Prototype):

Nun, warum dieser Beitrag?
Weil ich Hilfe brauche in diesem Projekt!
Denn dies ist ein Mammut-Projekt und ich komme nicht drumherum, dass ich einpaar Leute brauche, die z.B. die Waffen, das Equipment, die Städte in neuen, frischen und detailreichen Texturen nachbauen.
Desweiteren bräuchte man noch jemanden der sich um diverse Animationen kümmert.
Das sind mit Abstand die schwerliegenden Punkte. Animation und Item/Level-Design.
Am Gameplay arbeite ich bereits als auch Interaktionen mit Oberflächen, Gegenständen, Charakter&-Item-Strukturen, Kampfsystem, Crafting und Quests.

Jegliche Hilfe/Verbesserungsvorschläge sind Willkommen.

NEIN ich biete kein Geld, dies ist ein Hobby-Projekt meiner Seite und es handelt sich hierbei um eine Art Fan-Projekt.
Auch für die Arbeit an diversen Animation oder sonstiges kann ich nicht entlohnen mit Geld. Dies ist kein "Job-Angebot mit Gage".

Was haltet Ihr davon? Habt Ihr noch weitere Ideen für das Spiel?
Ein Brain-storming eurer und meinerseits sehe ich gern.

Per PN bin ich erreichbar.
Thanks
24 Users
Old 09/20/2016, 00:25   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Arrow SRO Main - Discussions / Questions -> Private SRO Main …

#moved

It would be great if you could add an English version beside the German one

Quote:
2. Wenn es regnet, erschwert es die Trades (Das Transporttier bewegt sich langsamer durch schlamm. Das gleiche gilt für Thieves und ihre Transporttiere) jedoch fällt die Belohnung höher aus
Honestly, that part took my attention.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/20/2016, 00:26   #3

elite*gold: 138

Repost for images to show up.

Ich finde die Idee sehr sehr gut und das was jetzt bereits entstanden ist, ist SEHR beeindruckend finde ich.
Ich könnte dir den Thread in Englisch übersetzen falls deine Fähigkeiten bzw Kenntnisse nicht ausreichen, dann würdest du mehr Leute erreichen. Die Frage ist nur ob dir das überhaupt etwas bringt FALLS du nicht so gut Englisch kannst.
Außerdem würde ich das Spiel sehr gerne für dich testen, ich denke ich könnte dir leider nicht helfen wenn es um Animationen oder dergleichen geht, da ich mich in der Materie nicht so gut auskenne. Jedoch würde ich anbieten nach buggs ingame zu suchen.

Ansonsten wünsche ich dir weiterhin viel spaß und Erfolg mit diesem Interessantem Projekt.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/20/2016, 08:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
#moved

It would be great if you could add an English version beside the German one

Honestly, that part took my attention.

I'm glad to hear, that I could get your attention for this project.
Actually I'm working on an english version.
Some patience please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaNNy.RockZ View Post
Repost for images to show up.

Ich finde die Idee sehr sehr gut und das was jetzt bereits entstanden ist, ist SEHR beeindruckend finde ich.
Ich könnte dir den Thread in Englisch übersetzen falls deine Fähigkeiten bzw Kenntnisse nicht ausreichen, dann würdest du mehr Leute erreichen. Die Frage ist nur ob dir das überhaupt etwas bringt FALLS du nicht so gut Englisch kannst.
Außerdem würde ich das Spiel sehr gerne für dich testen, ich denke ich könnte dir leider nicht helfen wenn es um Animationen oder dergleichen geht, da ich mich in der Materie nicht so gut auskenne. Jedoch würde ich anbieten nach buggs ingame zu suchen.

Ansonsten wünsche ich dir weiterhin viel spaß und Erfolg mit diesem Interessantem Projekt.
Vielen Dank für den Repost und deine Meinung zu dem Projekt. Das dachte ich mir auch, dass meine Reichweite höher wird wenn ich es in englisch verfassen würde. Ich werde demnächst die englische Übersetzung in den Hauptbeitrag hinzufügen.

Dennoch vielen Dank für dein Angebot fürs übersetzen!
Ich werde im Hinterkopf behalten, (und habe mir dein Profilnamen gespeichert) dass du dich für einen Test interessierts. Jedoch solltest du Hinterkopf behalten, dass es noch sehr lange dauern wird bis ich einen Test starten kann.
Bis jetzt bin ich nämlich erst soweit, dass man sich in der Spielwelt wie in einem MMORPG bewegen kann, als auch kleine interaktionen mit Gegenständen in der Spielwelt.
Aus diesem Grund bitte ich dich um sehr viel Geduld
Old 09/20/2016, 08:41   #5

elite*gold: 35
Hey i have always been looking for a project like this. Im a 3d modeller. I can help you out and join this project. Contact me if you're interested.
Old 09/20/2016, 08:46   #6

Hey,

Die Idee ist gut und ich würde das gleiche mit einem anderen Game versuchen welches nicht unbedingt groß ist, wie funktioniert das ganze? Lädst du da irgendetwas rein oder musst du komplett alles von 0 erstellen?
Old 09/20/2016, 14:14   #7

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Ich denke die Idee ist nicht schlecht und es könnte was werden. Aber Silkroad ist einzigartig wegen den 'Qualitäten' die es immer anbot und da gehört Hohe Qualität/ Hohe Qualität an Texturen etc. irgendwie nicht dazu meiner Meinung nach..

Ein Beispiel ist Silkroad 2, das releast wurde aber dann wieder zugemacht hat. Und da war das Gameplay von der Qualität und Texturen/Animationen etc. her schon besser aber die Atmosphäre, die du beim Oldschool Silkroad hast wirst du nicht bekommen.

^ Ich denke dasselbe wird dann beim Remake passieren.
----
Seems like a nice idea and it might be successfull but silkroad is only silkroad like it is right now. I don't think that higher textures or better quality can make the game as fun as it is right now. (my opinion)

A good example is Silkroad 2. It released with much better quality/animations but closed after a while. I just think that you don't get the nostalgic Silkroad feeling if there's a remake of it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/20/2016, 15:29   #8

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem ❤ View Post
A good example is Silkroad 2. It released with much better quality/animations but closed after a while. I just think that you don't get the nostalgic Silkroad feeling if there's a remake of it.
Silkroad online 2 is actually horrible example when it comes to a graphics/animation comparison, a different 3d engine
developed by a weird Chinese company ''Zhuo something..'' not Joymax, they just took the license.
take a closer look on their negative feedback .. it's insane.
But we're talking here about a completely different story, are we ? a slight modification to weather conditions for example won't affect the whole gameplay experience in my opinion, but it will affect the players experience.

Personally, I agree with you at some point.
Old 09/20/2016, 16:08   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoceraZ View Post
Hey,

Die Idee ist gut und ich würde das gleiche mit einem anderen Game versuchen welches nicht unbedingt groß ist, wie funktioniert das ganze? Lädst du da irgendetwas rein oder musst du komplett alles von 0 erstellen?
Es handelt sich hier um ein komplett neues Spiel! Ich habe von 0 angefangen und baue Stück für Stück das Spiel auf. Viel Erfolg bei deinem Spiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ɗoc View Post
Hey i have always been looking for a project like this. Im a 3d modeller. I can help you out and join this project. Contact me if you're interested.
That's what I wanted to read here. I will contact you, when I've got time ... got a lot of work to do at the moment ... I think I will continue this project at 1st October.
I'll remember and contact you.
btw. huge thanks for this offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem ❤ View Post
Seems like a nice idea and it might be successfull but silkroad is only silkroad like it is right now. I don't think that higher textures or better quality can make the game as fun as it is right now. (my opinion)

It's not my goal to create a 1:1 version of Silkroad, with higher performance and new texture.
I want to create a MMORPG, that got a lot elements from Silkroad combined with a lot of new and different gameplay. On this way I'd create a whole new experience of the game... and because I use some elements of the original a little "nostalgic-effect" would be added with this experience ... I think.

The quality of Silkroad is 'unreachable' the "retro"-feeling of Silkroad can't get reached and that's okay. I want to create my own version.

Quote:
But we're talking here about a completely different story, are we ?
Yes, we are. I want to create my own version, like I said. But at the same point I'd like to add some ideas and gameplay-changes which were suggested by the community. That is what this thread is for too.

Quote:
a slight modification to weather conditions for example won't affect the whole gameplay experience in my opinion, but it will affect the players experience.
Correct.
Old 09/20/2016, 23:23   #10

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Too much effort for a dead game.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 09/21/2016, 01:13   #11

Received Thanks: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaYn3 View Post
It's not my goal to create a 1:1 version of Silkroad, with higher performance and new texture.
I want to create a MMORPG, that got a lot elements from Silkroad combined with a lot of new and different gameplay. On this way I'd create a whole new experience of the game... and because I use some elements of the original a little "nostalgic-effect" would be added with this experience ... I think.

The quality of Silkroad is 'unreachable' the "retro"-feeling of Silkroad can't get reached and that's okay. I want to create my own version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaYn3 View Post
Yes, we are. I want to create my own version, like I said. But at the same point I'd like to add some ideas and gameplay-changes which were suggested by the community. That is what this thread is for too.
You want to create your own version but you are coping the design on how Silkroad look like? I'm fine with you taking cool stuff that Silkroad brings, but if you are going to copy the design of maps and areas that is a rip off and not really your own "version".
Old 09/23/2016, 00:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Goofie​ View Post
You want to create your own version but you are coping the design on how Silkroad look like? I'm fine with you taking cool stuff that Silkroad brings, but if you are going to copy the design of maps and areas that is a rip off and not really your own "version".
It is still his own version of the game. Copying is never good but as a fan-project you need something to work with and he has Silkroad. In all honesty it's more innovative than any private server out there simply editing the files and run that ****. In the end if this guy makes something out of it he can expand it and make his own content.

Now, this is a huge project man. You will need years to have something playable as good as SRO in this engine unless you got a really good team but it's hard to find on SRO nowadays.

Goodluck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2016, 01:58   #13

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
It is still his own version of the game. Copying is never good but as a fan-project you need something to work with and he has Silkroad. In all honesty it's more innovative than any private server out there simply editing the files and run that ****. In the end if this guy makes something out of it he can expand it and make his own content.

Now, this is a huge project man. You will need years to have something playable as good as SRO in this engine unless you got a really good team but it's hard to find on SRO nowadays.

Goodluck.
this is indeed a huge project and i i guess he didn't get to the networking part yet this **** is hard af especially when you're working with UE -_-

and yes i worked with UE for 2 years and i know how hard it is to make a multiplayer game not to mention remaking a huge MMORPG such as Silkroad :3

what i said is not meant to be negative in fact i'd love to play a UE version of Silkroad but judging by your topic content you're alone on this project maybe you have a few other friends helping you but you won't be able to finish 10% of the game unless you try to use a package or someshit & create sro maps & import characters (2 years ago i saw a mmorpg asset you can buy it idk it's still available for purchase)

good luck
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/23/2016, 13:53   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
Too much effort for a dead game.
So why do you put so much effort into running a private server?
He said its a fan project already.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/23/2016, 23:58   #15

I hope that in nearly future We gonna play on Your version of Silkroad, it could bring a Silkroad to new level.
I wish you good luck with this project !
Thanks
1 User

Tags
engine, incoming, remake, silkroad, unreal