Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Exploit-Discussion] Consignment Item Duplication [Dupes]

Discussion on [Exploit-Discussion] Consignment Item Duplication [Dupes] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
[Exploit-Discussion] Consignment Item Duplication [Dupes]

Hey there,
Just as the title says, there's an exploit/bug whatever you wanna call it that apparently lets you dupe your items. Sadly, I don't know what kind of dupe, is it just desyncing so you can use that item to scam or you get a completely legit item. Information isn't completely available.

Tried injecting buys/registers/settlements with fake/invalid data and errors are working fine (some causing disconnections).

Here're some information that might help you if you decide to help in this investigation^^

Client references:

GameServer references:

Database calls:

On data request a function is being called with data found on address 00453F2B to select the items from database [on every call, so nothing is being saved in the gameserver memory as far as I checked, well ofc a dump of the data but each time a request is sent gameserver requests the data from the database].

Example of the gameserver call:

Bugs found so far:
On injecting a buy request (a legit one), the item is bought but, not shown at the inventory except after a teleport.

Been trying since yesterday to find that dupe with @ since a lot of people confirmed its existence, but with no success yet.

If you have any question/information/rumors about this issue, your contribution is welcomed. The only solution people seem to have now is completely disabling consignment (that isn't cool). Consignment is a good option to have.
Thank you and happy hacking!

*Item Movement works while item is not registered yet [NPC selected].
Old 04/06/2016, 22:48   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,371
It's not with consignment tho, maybe there is one there as well but the DUPE I know about is in exchange and it's only a visual affect until buyer/seller teleported and the item will replace it's "icon" again.
Old 04/06/2016, 22:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Goofie​ View Post
It's not with consignment tho, maybe there is one there as well but the DUPE I know about is in exchange and it's only a visual affect until buyer/seller teleported and the item will replace it's "icon" again.
Well, so far @ , @ , @ confirmed it had something to do with consignment.
Old 04/06/2016, 22:54   #4

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Well, so far @ , @ , @ confirmed it had something to do with consignment.
Do not believe it unless I see it, the exchange dupe thingy I'm aware of and have known it for 1-2 years already.

Really easy to fix if there is such a thing, just force people to Teleport after using consignment.

The exchange dupe bug works by using F12 in the middle of the exchange, try that in consignment.

By the way, you shouldn't call this an "exploit", it's a visual bug.
Old 04/06/2016, 23:04   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Goofie​ View Post
Do not believe it unless I see it, the exchange dupe thingy I'm aware of and have known it for 1-2 years already.

Really easy to fix if there is such a thing, just force people to Teleport after using consignment.

The exchange dupe bug works by using F12 in the middle of the exchange, try that in consignment.

By the way, you shouldn't call this an "exploit", it's a visual bug.
-Not sure why 3 individuals would lie about the same topic, the only reasonable lie would be denying its existence so they can keep it a secret but that's not the case here so it makes no sense.

-Keeping that as a last resort tho.

-Ye, ik about that one and it didn't work there.

-w/e xd
Old 04/07/2016, 00:07   #6

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
BTW ask Orchide, Skyrish or one of those people. Don't remember who it was that reported it to me first.

Saw screens as well from one of them when the **** was found out. Been around 20-30 months.
Old 04/07/2016, 07:00   #7

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,345
When you buy the item gs get the price from _Inventory table, if it failed it will return false, if its not false, it gets the char gold by the query and then update it with group char gold data = 4
Old 04/07/2016, 15:02   #8

elite*gold: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGaMaX. View Post
When you buy the item gs get the price from _Inventory table, if it failed it will return false, if its not false, it gets the char gold by the query and then update it with group char gold data = 4
price from _Inventory ?
Old 04/07/2016, 21:23   #9

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
price from _Inventory ?
he probably meant _RefScrapOfPackageItem
Old 04/07/2016, 23:05   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemooking View Post
he probably meant _RefScrapOfPackageItem
Not sure if sarcasm or wut but nah, **** is stored mainly at _OpenMarket
Old 04/08/2016, 03:13   #11

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,345
Carp it was late night, i meant the open market system get the price from the owner then do the query for it in _Inventory table to check if the item exist or not
Old 04/08/2016, 09:05   #12

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Not sure if sarcasm or wut but nah, **** is stored mainly at _OpenMarket
Old 04/09/2016, 19:24   #13

elite*gold: 1642
I think, probably its a bug in GS, when you copy item, it is only on the server side, gameserver didnt write it into database, so therefore item disappears. After relog/teleport. character data are loaded from database.

When someone do it, check logs of this item.(especially itemID? same)

If ItemID is same, it'll be problem to fix it in procedures