Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Starting a new project - post your ideas and your dreams might become reality

Discussion on Starting a new project - post your ideas and your dreams might become reality within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Starting a new project - post your ideas and your dreams might become reality

First of all, excuse me for my bad English, it's not my native language.

Since the server files got released 11 months ago, I've been watching this forum, and I decided to register now.

A few weeks ago I managed to get a newer version of the SRO server files (SRO_Japan_TestOTP files), and I started working on a server.

I'm not like 90% of the server owners who open servers to get rich. I would open this server for the community and I'm willing to invest thousands of euros in the server for proper DDoS protection, high-end dedicated servers, etc. I have a well-paying job, all I want is to create a perfect server with a good community.

Here are a few questions, which I want you guys to answer:

1) What level cap do you want? I think 80 cap is boring, 90 and 100 are great, 110 and higher is stupid, but that's just my opinion.

2) Races... do you want only chinese race or both chinese and europeans?

3) Rates: do you prefer low, medium or high rates? (I think low rate is the best, leveling is a part of Silkroad, also it is fun to level in a party.)

4) Grinding or questing? Would you do quests if they gave more EXP/SP/Gold? Do you want new quests?

5) What kind of special features do you want?

That's it for now. I will post some more questions later.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2012, 21:03   #2

elite*gold: 130
1) 80 or 100 cap, I play currently on 100 cap server.
2) Both, of course. I like EU more than CH.
3) High rates, imo.
4) Both! I miss quests, which would motivate us getting some extra stuff (not only xp and gold).
5) Free silks? I love flying-attacking pets, and reverses (rather premium) is needed for daily 3 uniquekill tries. And higher alchemy rates.
Old 08/23/2012, 21:11   #3

Received Thanks: 1,152
1. 110 Cap got more Content.
2. Both Races. What's up with these "Only CHN"? Every "Known" Build is used on a Server like that.
3. Low Rates. I want to have a nice Party. Also having doubled or 3x Berserk Rates would be nice.
4. EXP Rates / Quest Rates should be the same. No Point of switching Silkroad into WoW lol...
5. No Fellow Pet's. They don't work like they should work. Let Silkroad like it is with just a higher Cap + low Rates and everything is fine.

'Nuff said....
Old 08/23/2012, 21:16   #4

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
If you're willing to throw hundreds of thousands of euros and not get nothing in return, you are stupid my friend.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/23/2012, 21:22   #5

Received Thanks: 1,118
You should take donations anyway - you may donate the earned bucks for charitable purposes if you don't want to keep it
Old 08/23/2012, 21:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerBoi View Post
If you're willing to throw hundreds of thousands of euros and not get nothing in return, you are stupid my friend.
Not necesarly assuming hes got that kind of a budget his server can actualy turn out to be a real server.

1 suggestion tho , for the sake of gameplay dont add free silks , cheap silks if you're not after profit yes , but not free.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2012, 21:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerBoi View Post
Everything doesn't have to be valued in money my friend. If he got the ability to spend money without getting money back, why not? We need more people in the Silkroad private scene who dare to spend money and getting joy and happiness in return. Not greedy idiots.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2012, 21:33   #8

Received Thanks: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
Everything doesn't have to be valued in money my friend. If he got the ability to spend money without getting money back, why not? We need more people in the Silkroad private scene who dare to spend money and getting joy and happiness in return. Not greedy idiots.
I wouldn't want to spend my money, which I have worked hard for, to make other people happy.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2012, 21:53   #9

my dream server is 80 or 100 cap euro/chin 15x rates with bot and a decent start items not premium but aleast a good lookin avatar... and if your going to give devil spirit don't give the ****** 5% one i would rather not have that and i would also rather not have a 3 day pet
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2012, 21:55   #10

1) What level cap do you want? I think 80 cap is boring, 90 and 100 are great, 110 and higher is stupid, but that's just my opinion.
Personally, I'd vote for 110 because there's a lot of end game content(maybe changing medu and roc 110 too?)

2) Races... do you want only chinese race or both chinese and europeans?
Both, but balance them out(hard but some testing would do it imo) + skills for chinese which let them party.

3) Rates: do you prefer low, medium or high rates? (I think low rate is the best, leveling is a part of Silkroad, also it is fun to level in a party.)
LOW RATES. High rate servers offer nothing besides boredom after like a week.

4) Grinding or questing? Would you do quests if they gave more EXP/SP/Gold? Do you want new quests?
QUESTING. Yes. Yes. I've always wanted to play sro with normal quests and normal rewards <3 Plus, you could make low drop and gold rate but with quests(repeatable quest maybe?) that give you gold item so 24/7 botting/goldbotting wouldn't be a viable choice. Oh don't come with the usual "i have a life i cant grind" . If you wanna play sro then play it though I understand grinding is hella boring but thats where quests and party play come in.
5) What kind of special features do you want?
End game. A lot of end game content and of course a more enjoyable lvling system through quests. Also, I'd prefer some necessary silk items for gold like a few basic avatars and pets
That's it for now. I will post some more questions later.
Old 08/23/2012, 22:06   #11

elite*gold: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
lol why you call who wanna money from his server greedy idiots they take it as work this is not NGO for the homeless anyone have the right to earn money from his work
Old 08/23/2012, 23:31   #12

I've already done this if i had that kind of money.
Good Luck and Good Job bro.
But be prepared for the backlash from douche bags who get jealous.
Also try not to be over the top don't wanna end up 2mil deep in dept like ocean lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2012, 23:49   #13

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
Yeah dude, sure.
Old 08/24/2012, 05:04   #14

1 Cap 100 is the best cap

2 Eu/Ch

3 Low rates i think 20x or x30 maX

4 Good Quest And Events

5 No Honor Buff, No Sabakuns Jewel, No Fellow pets..
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2012, 07:27   #15

130 cap.. 130 skills free silks for start.. only 500 silk.. limited registartion up 2 8 accounts..

and silk.. like 4 silks per hour,,