Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Advice for servers' creators.

Discussion on Advice for servers' creators. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Advice for servers' creators.

Hello everyone,

As all of us have seen, there are many servers which are ~the same. Their rates, start items and all other features are similar or exactly the same. Well, some people are playing in these servers but they aren't going to reach success so far.

Alright. Now I'll talk about the point I wanted to talk.

I would like to give an advice for all creators of silkroad private servers.
How can you get more people, experienced players of silkroad attention?
- This could be achieved by creating new features no one have ever seen or imagined. Oh well... It doesn't need to be like ''free gm to everyone or unlimited silk''. I meant - make it interesting, make the point of playing in your server, as example: to get better items, you need to earn special points/coins which you can get from special monsters, CTF, Arena. That's just simple example of mine, nothing so special but still makes your server more interesting.

Also, about free silk. Make it harder to get. I mean, you could make free silk, but not just giving it out as you create the character. To get it, you could make somehow interesting as well. Also, you need to think carefully of amount of earning silk for free if you want to get donations from players.

Make interesting PvP systems so you could earn something for doing PvP. Example: special titles, coins, etc.

As I've already noticed - gold doesn't mean anything in lots of new servers. Make it valuable again so players have to spend time to get it and get items they need.

Server's cap.
I would like to tell my opinion about this - I think caps and max levels like '100-130' are too big and I can explain why. It just gets on your nerves how long and hard you have to work to reach it. You have to buy new items every 5min and change area of where you're killing mobs. I'd say - You can make cap '70-90' and 10-13 Degree items could be instead of 7-9 Degree. Also to make it more fun (that's my simple idea) make 5 points instead of 3 when you reach new level so you can add STR or INT 5 times instead of doing it 3 times. That means you will have more power and HP/MP. A little bit more fun.

Balance in skills
Experienced creators of servers, I think, they can think of doing more balance in skills and making bigger power of skills if they're creating servers with 70-90 cap/max level servers. Not too big, not too small. I think they know what I mean.

PLEASE, DON'T CREATE NEW SERVERS JUST BY COPPING IDEAS FROM OTHER SERVERS.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 05/26/2012, 22:33   #2

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
Arrow Private SRO Advertising -> Private SRO Main Discussions / Questions

#moved

Like the people would care. If you can call them "people" ...
Old 05/26/2012, 22:35   #3

Sorry for topic in incorrect place.

Well, I still call them people...
Old 05/26/2012, 22:37   #4

What you talked about is exactly the same at Legenary-Online . except one thing. the cap 100 thingy..
our server consists of much new systems
coins,gold,new mobs,new drops,etc.