Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Solution for c9 Behind Router / Dynamic

Discussion on [Release]Solution for c9 Behind Router / Dynamic within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release]Solution for c9 Behind Router / Dynamic

If you read the guide on how to run a server with a Dynamic IP or behind a router then you most likely ran into the issue with the c9 from a wan connection outside your Ip.

The issue seems to be the server programs and files not being able to pass your router when a connection comes in. No matter what ports you forward or what exceptions you add anywhere.

Our solution was this.

If your internet is set up like this

Modem > Router > Computer / Wireless PC's

99.99999% of the Modems out there have a single Ether net port

We are going to bypass the router.

Like this

What does a switch do ?

A switch is a box that will allow you to expand the amount of ethernet ports you have. Normally they are used with routers to allow more pc's. Or with big businesses, schools to allow more connections. They come in all kinds and allow many extra ports.

This one is an example. Like I said you can get them ranging from 4/8/20+ Ports.

You can pick these up at any local store that carries computer equipment.

What your going to do is bypass the router with your machine(s). By connecting them directly to the switch.

So the setup will be.

Modem > Switch > Pc1/Pc2/Router > Wireless Pc's (Plugged into router)

Pc1/Pc2 will be the PC(s) that have the server running on.

*PLEASE REMEMBER THIS*

1. Running computers directly connected to the modem through a switch that bypass the router will result in no router firewall or security.

2. Doing this will assign the server machine(s) a new IP. This will most likely be a static ip now.

3. Referring to #1. Please run a firewall through your machines connected to the switch and not router. This will add an extra layer of security. Also run windows firewall as an extra layer of security as well.

I am not going to guide you on setting up the certification files.

But you are going to need to use your wan ip in the node ini settings. And you will need to spoof your agent, gateway and i think the other one with Chern0byl's srPatcher and use your new WANIP assigned by directly connecting to the modem.

Any questions please ask.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2011, 23:00   #2

usefull post !
Old 12/23/2011, 23:12   #3

Thanks bro
Old 12/23/2011, 23:34   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,729
you CAN NOT be serious with this!
this is the biggest bullshit ever! :-O

you want people to buy hardware because your experience isn't enough to configure some router port forwarding rules?
you want the kind of "wanna-be-hosters" to remodel their home network and even rage their parents for plugging them off the net?
you can't be serious with this!

don't fall for this one!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2011, 00:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
you CAN NOT be serious with this!
this is the biggest bullshit ever! :-O

you want people to buy hardware because your experience isn't enough to configure some router port forwarding rules?
you want the kind of "wanna-be-hosters" to remodel their home network and even rage their parents for plugging them off the net?
you can't be serious with this!

don't fall for this one!
I don't want people to buy anything. I am not telling people they need to go out and do what I said.

And it's not just forwarding ports. A lot of people have tried a lot of stuff to get around port forwarding as well as using certain ddns hosts, ip tools ... A lot of various ways.

I didn't make this with the intention of making people remodel their networks for any reason or cause. If anything I specified doing this would cause a security concern by disconnecting directly from your router to your modem. I said what was necessary in order to take precautions in doing so.

I simply put up some useful information for people that have been having issues with the c9 error. 90% of those people are behind a router or using a dynamic ip. And believe it or not there are many countries with ISP's which will not assign a static ip to your network because it's intended for use with schools, businesses and such.

All this does it takes the computers which are running the server on and directly connects them to the modem through a switch. The rest of the computers and wireless laptops will be safe through the router which is connected to a switch. There is nothing wrong with this.

This is work around.

So unless you want to take your own time and spend it on a guide. Don't post ignorant rage replies on a thread I intended to use to help people.
Old 12/24/2011, 00:54   #6

So many here have already stated they DMZ'd their routers without success.
Also with the switch...have you actually tried this or is it just a theory?
Old 12/24/2011, 01:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnato View Post
a DMZ.. that'sa good FREE alternative

just make port forwarding to the server's internal ip with ports:
21 tcp
80 tcp
1433 tcp
15779 tcp
15850 udp
15851 udp
15880 tcp
15881 tcp
15882 tcp
15883 tcp
15884 tcp
15885 tcp
25880 tcp
32000 tcp

OF COURSE you need to input your EXTERNAL IP in the config files (the ip shown at )! and NOT the local 192.168.crap.crap ip address

and make sure YOU FILTER THE PORTS WITH A FIREWALL!
and DO NOT use windows XP as server operating system!

now.. was that sooo difficult?

the other problem you guys will have is the fact that most of you have dynamic ip addresses. and that kinda sucks.

moral of the story:
stick to crap-hamachi if you want to host a server for you and your friends! your home net speed isn't enough to handle large amount of players anyways.
don't you think that "16.000" is 16.000 downstream/upstream! it's only downstream (which is not important!).
check your upstream capabilities and calculate about 5-10kbyte/player (if he isn't doing pvp or shit).
most of the home networks won't handle more then 30 players without lag.

take these infos as a x-mas gift! at least they are way more useful then the first post of this thread
Old 12/24/2011, 01:41   #8

DMZing a router is done to take the possibility of a port problem out of the equation.
Not because of it's price.
Old 12/24/2011, 02:29   #9

Ports were already forwarded with default 15xxx~16xxx with a range "and" individual port forward rules.

Server config was set with Wan ip while cert was set to lan ip. This was before this solution.

Also tries using Drew's custom cert which used ports 30xxx ~ 40xxx. Forwarded those and still no luck.

Either way it comes down to this. You can get it running locally with no issues. But we wanted public. Couldn't do that unless you used hamachi or a vpn of some sort.

If it was set correctly any Wan IP's outside local would get c9.

Also ... people have tried dmz and it hasn't changed a thing. Even with windows security features turned off it was still throwing up c9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnato View Post
This isn't a theory. It works ...

Running a server that is accessible by public ip's and not just local without using a vpn or hamachi.

Also running an advanced firewall, net, antivirus + windows firewall for extra security. Only programs needed to be added to the exclusions list is the gateway and agent server to allow public log in.

So yes, it works.
Old 12/24/2011, 03:38   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
a DMZ.. that'sa good FREE alternative

just make port forwarding to the server's internal ip with ports:
21 tcp
80 tcp
1433 tcp
15779 tcp
15850 udp
15851 udp
15880 tcp
15881 tcp
15882 tcp
15883 tcp
15884 tcp
15885 tcp
25880 tcp
32000 tcp

OF COURSE you need to input your EXTERNAL IP in the config files (the ip shown at )! and NOT the local 192.168.crap.crap ip address

and make sure YOU FILTER THE PORTS WITH A FIREWALL!
and DO NOT use windows XP as server operating system!

now.. was that sooo difficult?

the other problem you guys will have is the fact that most of you have dynamic ip addresses. and that kinda sucks.

moral of the story:
stick to crap-hamachi if you want to host a server for you and your friends! your home net speed isn't enough to handle large amount of players anyways.
don't you think that "16.000" is 16.000 downstream/upstream! it's only downstream (which is not important!).
check your upstream capabilities and calculate about 5-10kbyte/player (if he isn't doing pvp or shit).
most of the home networks won't handle more then 30 players without lag.

take these infos as a x-mas gift! at least they are way more useful then the first post of this thread
open @ router or windows fire wall ?!
Old 12/24/2011, 09:34   #11

router.
and set the external EVERYWHERE including the certification configs.
my method works and is secure if you know what you are doing.

set everything as external and use a firewall software (or win firewall) to restrict the certification stuff for the server only.figure it out, learn learn learn