Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Current SRO Community Status after almost a month

Discussion on Current SRO Community Status after almost a month within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 10/07/2011, 17:00   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaQiMafia View Post
oh may gawd you expect me to read this all? XD!
Unlike other stupid posts around here, pushedx posts are always worth reading.

Quote:
If you have MidRate and stable server you wont gain any players.. its just like selling stores in real life.. once one store of clothes will make 50% free event all others must lower the prices... same for SRO pservers.. Dropdead broken everyone by setting 400x rates so everyone else must do the same so they wont lose players, this called losing quality, everyone loves getting max level in 2 days.. but hey where's the challenge in it? Silkroad online lost his Main point of view.. I remember in isro cap 70.. who was Lv70 was the king.. now every fucking noob doesnt need to know anything about the sro gameplay and he could get MAX LEVEL aswell !
If you read the pushedx's reply you will understand WHY midrate and stable servers fail. Is not about other people setting higher rates, is just that they are still using old business strategies, that worked well in the past while there was pserver monopoly, but won't work in the current situation, where everyone can offer the same, with the only difference of how fast you get the stuff. Mid rate servers aren't better than highest rated servers, I can't see any real difference between them, people won't play a server that offers the same as the 999 private servers around, but slowlier. The time when sro pservers will offer something fresh and new is still far away, until then we are just living an spare time of crappy servers poping out from everywhere.

And now I will type this for copy somewhere in the future, on another thread: At the end of 2012, only 4-6 private servers will stay open with a decent player population, and none of them will be high-rated server.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/07/2011, 21:28   #32

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobi92 View Post
Sorry but i've to disagree with you totally, Strongest servers wont survive... the most rated servers will survive !
Seems like Silkroad Online lost his quality aswell, lemme give you an explanation by ex.
Only 100x rates's and higher servers have Populated ~ Crowded servers ...
If you have MidRate and stable server you wont gain any players.. its just like selling stores in real life.. once one store of clothes will make 50% free event all others must lower the prices... same for SRO pservers.. Dropdead broken everyone by setting 400x rates so everyone else must do the same so they wont lose players, this called losing quality, everyone loves getting max level in 2 days.. but hey where's the challenge in it? Silkroad online lost his Main point of view.. I remember in isro cap 70.. who was Lv70 was the king.. now every fucking noob doesnt need to know anything about the sro gameplay and he could get MAX LEVEL aswell !
So :
I would say, precisely unknown but seems to be, yeah.

Which takes us to the following: ->
----------------------------------------------------------
Now, let's talk about the money after all we can't ignore that strongest material.
The statics says this formule: 20% of the server population buys atleast 10$ for silks monthly..
Let's say for ex. that I'm some randomal server's owner.. incase to get crowded server what should i do ? staying with low and stable rates? obviouse answer: NO ! incase to have 2000 players in my server i must compit by increasing the rates since I HAVE NO CHOICE !
so this is my celculation: 20% of 2000 players = 200, 10% a month X 200 players = 2,000 USD a month and thats the minimal profit .. the Middle celculation shows that you can even reach 10,000 USD a monthly for each 2k capacity server !
And that gonna cause alot of issues, 90% of the servers gonna compit for sure.. SRO Community gonna die by getting bored of max level there wont be any challenge so about the "Strongest servers will survive" i must say that its not like WoW pservers.
But there's still another option: Maybe the "High rates servers's wave will end" and if that gonna happen than the strongest servers will survive.. till then will be just a total CHAOS !

And I emphasize ! my comment it's about the shorter term than pushedx's comment.

Greetings, Kobi.
I'm just giving players what they want; High rates so they can cap fast and enjoy the rest of the game. Do my server have a future? I dont know, but im living in the present, not the future.
Old 10/08/2011, 00:36   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
Unlike other stupid posts around here, pushedx posts are always worth reading.

If you read the pushedx's reply you will understand WHY midrate and stable servers fail. Is not about other people setting higher rates, is just that they are still using old business strategies, that worked well in the past while there was pserver monopoly, but won't work in the current situation, where everyone can offer the same, with the only difference of how fast you get the stuff. Mid rate servers aren't better than highest rated servers, I can't see any real difference between them, people won't play a server that offers the same as the 999 private servers around, but slowlier. The time when sro pservers will offer something fresh and new is still far away, until then we are just living an spare time of crappy servers poping out from everywhere.

And now I will type this for copy somewhere in the future, on another thread: At the end of 2012, only 4-6 private servers will stay open with a decent player population, and none of them will be high-rated server.
You totally right, but i didn't wrote the true things which going to happen... i just wrote my point of view..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropdead* View Post
I'm just giving players what they want; High rates so they can cap fast and enjoy the rest of the game. Do my server have a future? I dont know, but im living in the present, not the future.
Well, living the present isn't good for all kind of cases.. so i would say that in your case you just broke the relationship between the servers.. just take a look... before you came with your server there wasn't any server with 60x + rates .. only lower.. so what you did it's kinda forbidden.
I don't really care since i'm not owning any server meanwhile... i just wrote your server for the example...
Old 10/08/2011, 03:38   #34

Received Thanks: 1,002
At first i thought high rated servers are good but honestly? After 2 Weeks, 110FF (i was in 1h 110 FF on dsro lol...thanks to shaitan) billions in my store, full son etc. im bored. Everyday killing the same lame mobs easily to get son, killing the same lame mobs in Temple or Jobcave ior FGW... *ZZzzZZZzz*

the last step is to get a egy weapon from the quest and coins for this nova set but honestly i've no motivation to do it. being 110 on a high rated dont feel like that u archieved something special, coz every nap is 110FF, full son.

maybe im to old for this game... i loved cap60,70,80,90 on isro, had lot of fun with my guild at wars, fortress etc... great feeling. but this..

x30 rates were good too.. esro3 was a good time.
my 2 cents...
Old 10/08/2011, 16:18   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeak View Post
At first i thought high rated servers are good but honestly? After 2 Weeks, 110FF (i was in 1h 110 FF on dsro lol...thanks to shaitan) billions in my store, full son etc. im bored. Everyday killing the same lame mobs easily to get son, killing the same lame mobs in Temple or Jobcave ior FGW... *ZZzzZZZzz*

the last step is to get a egy weapon from the quest and coins for this nova set but honestly i've no motivation to do it. being 110 on a high rated dont feel like that u archieved something special, coz every nap is 110FF, full son.

maybe im to old for this game... i loved cap60,70,80,90 on isro, had lot of fun with my guild at wars, fortress etc... great feeling. but this..

x30 rates were good too.. esro3 was a good time.
my 2 cents...

Thats what I ment in my comment, High-Rated servers are totally not stable.
Otherwise if you like it you must be noob or something getting max Lv should be a challenge & something special !
Old 10/08/2011, 16:29   #36

really.silkroad is like ******* WoW now.servers everywhere.sooner or later theres gonna be over NINE THOUSAAAND servers.
Old 10/08/2011, 22:32   #37

Let's say you quit iSRO. You join eSRO, you make 100 and full farm, have some fun but that's not enough. Then ******-Rose appear. What has Rose to offer? Something NEW, DIFFERENT. 11D, Alexandria, Forgotten World, Job Cave temple, but with some bugs that really bothers you, but since you have no alternative you keep playing. Then, Diamond appears, with pets fixed and customized content, you move there. One week later, ~10 more servers appear, some of them gives you 1kk(YES MILION) silk. You join that, you play Magic Pop until you full nova+9, then you realize that playing in a server full of, well, really retarded people, is a bad idea and a waste of time. You fulfilled your dream, you're full nova+9, you have all skills maxed out, you have more than 3 chars maxed out in everything. You see, after 1 month of playing on more then 5 servers, after achieving things you'll never achieve on isro, you get BORED. You get BORED because people don't PVP, people don't do job wars, people comes and goes doing the same thing over and over again, creating chars to fulfill their dream. Now, well, now you wait for Avalon's private 70 server with custom content to start, since it;s creator is a legit player and made the game for pvp/job war thing.

eSRO, ****** and Diamond, and probably Zelos will resist.
Old 10/08/2011, 23:32   #38
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesiFMM View Post
Let's say you quit iSRO. You join eSRO, you make 100 and full farm, have some fun but that's not enough. Then ******-Rose appear. What has Rose to offer? Something NEW, DIFFERENT. 11D, Alexandria, Forgotten World, Job Cave temple, but with some bugs that really bothers you, but since you have no alternative you keep playing. Then, Diamond appears, with pets fixed and customized content, you move there. One week later, ~10 more servers appear, some of them gives you 1kk(YES MILION) silk. You join that, you play Magic Pop until you full nova+9, then you realize that playing in a server full of, well, really retarded people, is a bad idea and a waste of time. You fulfilled your dream, you're full nova+9, you have all skills maxed out, you have more than 3 chars maxed out in everything. You see, after 1 month of playing on more then 5 servers, after achieving things you'll never achieve on isro, you get BORED. You get BORED because people don't PVP, people don't do job wars, people comes and goes doing the same thing over and over again, creating chars to fulfill their dream. Now, well, now you wait for Avalon's private 70 server with custom content to start, since it;s creator is a legit player and made the game for pvp/job war thing.

eSRO, ****** and Diamond, and probably Zelos will resist.
all those are, in my opinion, the only that may stand long enough(im not saying forever)
pvp server will always close form 3-10 days