Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Starting a Pserver [Questions]

Discussion on Starting a Pserver [Questions] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Starting a Pserver [Questions]

We'll ... It's come to my attention that I'm pretty much bored of playing other peoples games. Paying for service that doesn't come. Either no GM activity, little to none support, no events, slow updates.

I'm not directly pointing out Silkroad individually but many many other games who have this same issue.

I want to do something different, basically provide another service for the users.

I want to get a few private servers up for different games. I don't want to overdue myself but at least start on something for a bit to keep me going. I will of course have help with the project and all but there are a few things that spark my mind of interest.

Now my questions I have are.

1. Would it be possible to run a dedicated server from a server tower straight from your home connection. I'm not running a T3 connection or anything but Verizon is what I'm currently using which is running a Fiber Optic connection and considered T1.

Now when it comes to a Sro private server I don't know how well it will hold up to it.

2. I know it will take lots of time studying files, updates, and not only that but getting your files to work properly with your server. So what is the best place to start looking and get in gear.

Yes I know many people are tired of seeing these Private servers going up, before you know it we will have the whole alphabet going through Sro (A-ZSro) xD ...

Anyways ... This is just my little interest I've had, and want to get something going. Provide players with a better community, fun events, active support. And still have the originality of the original Silkroad.

All expenses would be self paid just to get this going. Item mall would be implemented but nothing out of the ordinary. No ridiculous items would be sold. Just something to help benefit the bill to keep the servers running.

I'm not looking for any flame responses, or negative feedback. I'm not interested in using emulators for personal use. This is a hobby me and some friends would like to take in for fun and put back out there for others to enjoy.
Old 02/15/2010, 04:38   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
If you are interesting in making a Private Servers for other games, you should be posting elsewhere. These other games you have chance of using more developed emulators or released server files, dekaron is a good example.

Silkroad Online has nothing for public use and you seem to have little knowledge of how these things work, so it be wise not to start from scratch such a project.

We all would like to own a private server.. but it is an un-realistic dream, its nice to see you want to do it for good intentions, but at the end of the day it is always money, the current psro situation being a clear example.
Old 02/15/2010, 06:19   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
If you are interesting in making a Private Servers for other games, you should be posting elsewhere. These other games you have chance of using more developed emulators or released server files, dekaron is a good example.

Silkroad Online has nothing for public use and you seem to have little knowledge of how these things work, so it be wise not to start from scratch such a project.

We all would like to own a private server.. but it is an un-realistic dream, its nice to see you want to do it for good intentions, but at the end of the day it is always money, the current psro situation being a clear example.
Ah I thought the server files were widely leaked ...

In that case I may stick to a few others then.

Thanks anyways.

Um also to my previous question, about hosting from a home T1 Connection. How well would that stand up to 3-5 Servers for a game such as Dekaron, Cabal, or something of that type ?
Old 02/15/2010, 09:38   #4

The chanses of lagging are very big.

Your best way is to either hire a server from a hoster.
Or buy one yourself and buy colocation.

Like eSRO's Dedicated Server is located in a datacenter in the netherlands.

Specs :
Intel Xeon ( 3.40Ghz ) 8 Cores
32GB DDR3 RAM
2x1.5TB SATA3 HDD ( 3GB/s Speed (l) )
1000Mbit/s Upload/Download Connection

And that's a server wich doesn't rlly produce lag for us, while our website is on it, irc network, teamspeak, eSRO, ...