Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Launcher Image Relation txt File ?

Discussion on Launcher Image Relation txt File ? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Launcher Image Relation txt File ?

So here's the ordeal ...

I've already found an alternative to my problem but I'm still curious about this.

I'm wondering how to add additional images within the launcher.

If you know about launcher editing you will know that 1 File Controls the positioning of images. And 1 file controls the linking abilities of those images.

Now your limited to 5 buttons on our launcher. Ksro currently has 2 additional buttons. Launcher will use 6 images in total. Ksro uses 8 images in total for its launcher. (On the main launcher page)

I know there's more images involved I'm just referring to the 5/7 buttons and the main background image.

My question is ... Has anyone found a way to add additional images to the launcher with reference links ?

Here is what I know so far.

Silkroad.exe contains the image directories for these images.

The order they are listed in the Hex window is not the same order they are listed in the text files for image positioning or linking. So this is not the reference for images.

For example

Homepage may be 1001 in the positioning or 1 in the linking.

Any additional images would in fact have to be added to the Silkroad.exe but that still doesn't justify the relation between Media\Launcher\homepage_1.dat and 1001 or 1.

So I went and looked into this a little further using Resource Hacker.

This basically shows the image positioning on the main window within the Silkroad.exe but those positions are over written by the txt file positioning.

Still with resource hacker this does not justify how the images are linked between their physical location within the Media and how they are controlled by the text files.

If anyone has additional information on this subject I'll be glad to create a custom launcher for your server if your information leads to a success.

The graphical work is worth it ; )
Old 11/30/2011, 04:24   #2

elite*gold: 17
i'm not a expert in such things but why you want to edit it with a hex editor?
just use a pk2 extractor and edit everything there as you want it (graphics, links etc.)
Old 11/30/2011, 06:36   #3

elite*gold: 0
Instead of just telling you to go research I'll explain xD

As I've stated above there are 2 text files within the pk2 that handles some stuff.

1 text file - Handles Positioning of Images (Does not state which image, there's just a reference code for that image)

For instance Homepage link / image might be labeled as 1001 in the positioning.

Then the 2nd text file - Handles the links of images (Same idea with the reference code, but this one is 1,2,3,4,5 etc)

But I searched every pk2 within Ksro and My vSro files for anything related to .dat or an image name. This searches text files and other files for anything within them containing the search.

Nothing came up. The only location where there's any information using the actual image names is in the Silkroad.exe when you open it with Hex.

The other areas any information is stored is with Resource Hacker which shows the layout of the buttons / images. This shows the same about of images / links in the launcher. But no absolute definition of which image to use such as \homepage_01.dat