Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

(Charity Server) Can we do this?

Discussion on (Charity Server) Can we do this? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 02/26/2022, 15:42   #31

elite*gold: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
This thread shouldn't be used for debate. @ Maybe you should compile a list of services/people you already have willing to help, and who you still need. That will help organize and make things run smoother. We could potentially start soon...
That's good idea, I already have everything we need. We need to talk to the community, people who will play.
Old 02/26/2022, 17:01   #32

elite*gold: 35
"Server owners are getting richer by you guys" lmao? After 50% refund and guild master payments, do you think server owners are getting richer? Okay.
Old 02/26/2022, 18:45   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetain View Post
"Server owners are getting richer by you guys" lmao? After 50% refund and guild master payments, do you think server owners are getting richer? Okay.
Yes I do, I'm one of the server owners tho And I know exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 02/26/2022, 18:49   #34

elite*gold: 247
this will never happen because of greedy this days .
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2022, 16:47   #35

elite*gold: 0
(lacking of ) transparency will kill this project
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2022, 18:44   #36

Received Thanks: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
It may seem unfamiliar to you, but this is a big and common problem for guild masters throughout many mainstream servers with guild deals for %s. It's nothing new, and it also is very easy to solve.

It's very easy to trace total balance through Maxigame's payment processor, website(epin) logs, bank statements, and much more... it's even possible to implement a system to list every donation that goes through to any platform you'd like.

I understand your concern, it's definitely not unfounded and a lot of people would have the same thoughts, but Hypnos is a very trustable person, and every single major service provider and 95% of the largest servers around have worked with him over the last 5+ years. Even I myself have worked with Hypnos on a couple projects, and I could back up his reputation and trustworthiness anyday, and so could almost anyone else.

Hypnos owns and is admin of many servers with a huge playerbase and longtime reputation... especially Duckroad. Duckroad recently opened with around 6000+ online players just a couple months ago. Do you think he's not getting money from that? He certainly is. It's not about the money. I can say that for sure and so can anyone else who worked with him in the past.

Shame on you, you don't bring up any valid points, only spewing random hate comments. I think YOU are the one who wants attention because you could not even conceive the idea of starting anything remotely close to this.
believe what you want in my eyes this is bullshit and will never work

Quote:
6000+ online players
made my day
Old 02/27/2022, 19:16   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseGodTyr View Post
made my day
We had 1000 players in beta, not gonna debate with you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagySandor96 View Post
(lacking of ) transparency will kill this project
I know, that's why i said we can get someone who has everyone's trust, like a nonprofit organization. It's not a problem.
Old 02/27/2022, 19:18   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosĄ View Post
We had 1000 players in beta, not gonna debate with you anymore.

jop and i have 25000 in Beta
easy to send packet to agent server to increase number of player :P
Old 02/27/2022, 19:26   #39

Quote:
jop and i have 25000 in Beta
easy to send packet to agent server to increase number of player :P
packets from in-game, website and smc? hmm you look like a great developer, tell me about your successful servers please, never heard about your 25k online server before..
Old 02/27/2022, 19:28   #40

Quote:
packets from in-game, website and smc? hmm you look like a great developer, tell me about your successful servers please, never heard about your 25k online server before..
sure you can send packet to agent and gateway its automatic refresh ^^ i see you dont rly know how to send packet xD
25k its like the lie of 3-4k+ players
Old 02/28/2022, 00:17   #41

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
believe what you want in my eyes this is bullshit and will never work
It's not something to believe, every admin knows that my ideas are not "ideas" and are facts, everything I said is used by current server owners dealing with guilds.

Nevertheless, it is your opinion, and everyone is welcome to have an opinion, and I support all opinions regardless of if they align with mine or not! It's definitely not a project everyone can get behind, I see that well. Don't worry.

Have a nice day <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetain View Post
If it wasn't profitable, owners wouldn't do it These deals take away from the total income, yes, but even then, there is still a ton of income to be made.

Some servers are seeing 10-20x their investments return in 1 simple server, you know that's true as well as I
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2022, 15:26   #42

elite*gold: 14
Well, let's stop here
This idea can not be done

Why? for so many reasons actually, me myself I am so motivated to help on such a project, but we will never find the perfect man to handle the donations

And once we make the impossible and find him, we will not find the perfect way to spend it, should we feed the hunger or helper the ones in cold, should we help Europe or middle east

Should we support Ukraine or Palestine?!

so what can we do instead? since I destroyed your whole idea, and become an example of a negative person

What we can do is this, since I see so many volunteers, then lets deal, anyone that makes more than 1000$ per month, give 10% as charity to any place he wants, just help the poor people on your own, you don't need us to take your money and deliver it, instead take your own 10% and give it to the poor direct

Poor people will not wait for us, we should help the poor with no project needed, simply have money? start to spend a part of it on poor-help organizations or poor people you meet every day on the corners eat your drops

Sorry for being negative, it's just the world being so negative, so being negative is progress.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2022, 13:14   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdash View Post
Well, let's stop here
This idea can not be done

Why? for so many reasons actually, me myself I am so motivated to help on such a project, but we will never find the perfect man to handle the donations

And once we make the impossible and find him, we will not find the perfect way to spend it, should we feed the hunger or helper the ones in cold, should we help Europe or middle east

Should we support Ukraine or Palestine?!

so what can we do instead? since I destroyed your whole idea, and become an example of a negative person

What we can do is this, since I see so many volunteers, then lets deal, anyone that makes more than 1000$ per month, give 10% as charity to any place he wants, just help the poor people on your own, you don't need us to take your money and deliver it, instead take your own 10% and give it to the poor direct

Poor people will not wait for us, we should help the poor with no project needed, simply have money? start to spend a part of it on poor-help organizations or poor people you meet every day on the corners eat your drops

Sorry for being negative, it's just the world being so negative, so being negative is progress.
First, thank you for being a mature talker.

Secondly, there's many aspects regarding of spending the money, this will be the least problem, I gave only examples, I don't care where or to whom the money goes, as long as it goes to people who really need it I will be happy, i think everyone will.

I know you might be disappointed a bit cuz i mentioned a particular cases, but I was just giving examples.

It is not impossible.
Old 03/01/2022, 15:44   #44

elite*gold: 14
Quote:
First, thank you for being a mature talker.

Secondly, there's many aspects regarding of spending the money, this will be the least problem, I gave only examples, I don't care where or to whom the money goes, as long as it goes to people who really need it I will be happy, i think everyone will.

I know you might be disappointed a bit cuz i mentioned a particular cases, but I was just giving examples.

It is not impossible.
You have a good idea with a great cause
but, you will open the door for thieves, we all know that by giving the money directly to the poor you path by every day going to your work or meeting your friends is way better than giving to an organization or whatever or a team or anything that you put between you and the poor, there's nothing between you and the poor, nothing also stop you from helping them, it's just you

We as humans, don't really like to spend our money, it's a fact
We work so hard to earn money, so it's a bit hard for us to just give it away, so instead of fixing ourselves, we decide to take other's money and delivery it, so instead of being a good human giving charity, you become a delivery man

I like that you want to help the poor, but I hate how you don't see the problem, the problem is not that you need more money, you meet max 3 poor people every day, if you ask them, they don't really need that much money, instead, they just need 3 sandwichs, just to live

They don't need a home, because they had a home, they don't need a job, because they probably can get a job on their own if they just start to clean supermarkets glasses or so

So what they really need, for the regular ones you meet every day
they just need to continue the day, some food and a t-shirt will be great from time to time

So let's take this deeper, maybe you really want to help a big group of poor people, like those who lost their homes in Ukraine, maybe you want to support Palestine people, or maybe something bigger

Well, in this case, you will need millions of dollars if not billions.

Maybe you say, okay I will just collect 30~200k of dollars every month from the charity by running the SRO server, and sending it to an organization that works for poor people.

In order to achieve that you will have so many things to be done
- Clean team, that doesn't steal the money
- Clean Organization spends their money on poor people not the salaries of the members or their big charity parties.

Here is my better solution, which actually comes from my own religion, if you want to fix the world? start from your home
then your neighbors
then your street
then your city
then your country
then the neighboring countries, and so on

Do this, and this and call your friends and others to do this, and we will wake up someday find no poor, from your wallet to the hand of the poor, directly, no organization take salaries to their team, spend money on ads to get people to charity, no, just from 1 person to another

This way you save so much money and you make your own community better.

Sorry for the long speech, I can read as much I can write, feel free to send me big speeches too.

My request is to close this project, and idea, before others steal it, we have enough "help poor" organizations, and guess what?!
The more "help poor" organizations the more poor people in the world

The world had so much fewer poor people before "help poor" organizations start to collect the charities.
Old 03/02/2022, 09:59   #45

If rly i dont even understand about this thread what youre asking from us ? if youre got team , yours developed servers before made much of money , just do it agian , and just post on website on discord everywhere that donation to the server will be gived to poor people or something like that.

Also youre think you will create 1 more vsro files edited server and because you will say donations goes to help poor people , theres will be more players or donations ?

If rly i dont care its charity server or not , if ill didint like the system of the server i dont play it anyway. ( If youre thinking about something special with original isro files than sorry maybe it will work )