Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A new Story of Silkroad Online - To Donwhang and back again. Idea of new PServer

Discussion on A new Story of Silkroad Online - To Donwhang and back again. Idea of new PServer within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 02/06/2018, 10:11   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagpu View Post
Any update since the last post? The idea sounds perfect for a new server, I really like the idea of low lvl gap to start with.
yes very nice idea!!! im follow this
Old 02/06/2018, 15:09   #17

Talking It's start already

I have been startet 3 month ago this projekt. But we will start at 80 CH then up to 120 CH/EU. ^^
Old 02/06/2018, 15:16   #18
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 90
The idea is excellent. But in matter of fact, people won't be happy with that. There is 2 kind of peoples in this scene.

1. The lazy guys.

Looking for a higher cap server where they have to bot only and thats it. Come back home, pimp their stuff and go sleep.

2. The active guys

They need attention and something to do the whole day, thats why "Coin based" server exist, wich in my opinion is the most stupid thing ever but thats me.

I left the SRO scene years ago but i do admit, if joymax would make a comeback and start from 0 over again and stop at the 110 or 100 cap, I'd be more then down to start again.
Old 02/09/2018, 17:37   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagpu View Post
Any update since the last post? The idea sounds perfect for a new server, I really like the idea of low lvl gap to start with.
Hello Kagpu, (Nick from "How I met your mother" ? :P)

Not many updates at all. I am not able to implement the concept into a running server for now. It is because I do not have enough time at the moment. But I am still thinking about the concept at all.

I am calculating which SoX should be enabled for which Cap. And also which race should be playable at release. Maybe starting with EU only, for the purpose of party lvl? Then on cap 90 enable Chinese? These are just some things I am thinking about...

So If you want to contribute, feel free to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wounded Healer View Post
The idea is excellent. But in matter of fact, people won't be happy with that. There is 2 kind of peoples in this scene.

1. The lazy guys.

Looking for a higher cap server where they have to bot only and thats it. Come back home, pimp their stuff and go sleep.

2. The active guys

They need attention and something to do the whole day, thats why "Coin based" server exist, wich in my opinion is the most stupid thing ever but thats me.

I left the SRO scene years ago but i do admit, if joymax would make a comeback and start from 0 over again and stop at the 110 or 100 cap, I'd be more then down to start again.
You are right. I am thinking of a way to get some kind of activity points (coins) for everything you do. For questing, trading/thiefing, exchange for gold, CTF, BA, FGW, aso... For this points you can buy whatever you want. For example elixirs, stones, big potions, equip, clock, avatar. The lazy guys do not have to bot, because they can level much faster when playing on their own. Botting should not reward you in any way. Thats why I would not allow mobs to drop anything. Instead you do some quests, lvl up fast and get your coins. I would allow botting only if the player is not afk and is able to respond to PM.

Best regards, Sordren
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/26/2018, 14:28   #20

elite*gold: 20
Hi Sordren,

If you play your cards good you can make it work. However, you should not focus on cap or other ego feeding items which corrupts the server in the first place.

The playerbase you should focus on are mature community whom are looking for nostalgia. You need to establish a solid, stable environment with technical proof (be it ddos protection, good hardware, a responsive management)

You should accept donations but you should only grant cosmetic items(not all of those stupid dresses however). If you provide a good culture, donations will come as people will like it anyhow.

The other important factor is the missing content in Silkroad online. Heck, Joymax could never make use of such beautiful content. A completely redundant, poor story-quest system is what we have in SRO. I suggest you to reform it by writing your own content (make it humorous yet engaging and immersive with the world of silkroad) Read some history and hint those what you learnt. Spice it up with some contemporary lines (Quest: Bamboozled) .. Make it rewarding.

This is something noone has ever tried in their private servers. If you deliver this, you would be a legend anyhow among those who value quality over quantity of masses.

Do not expect to have as big playerbase as those other networks with big titles on PSRO scene. Do not chase money. Make it your passion and let quality playerbase enjoy and appreciate. I am sure people will support your cause if you can earn their trust by providing them something unique and full.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2018, 23:20   #21

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
Hi Sordren,

If you play your cards good you can make it work. However, you should not focus on cap or other ego feeding items which corrupts the server in the first place.

The playerbase you should focus on are mature community whom are looking for nostalgia. You need to establish a solid, stable environment with technical proof (be it ddos protection, good hardware, a responsive management)

You should accept donations but you should only grant cosmetic items(not all of those stupid dresses however). If you provide a good culture, donations will come as people will like it anyhow.

The other important factor is the missing content in Silkroad online. Heck, Joymax could never make use of such beautiful content. A completely redundant, poor story-quest system is what we have in SRO. I suggest you to reform it by writing your own content (make it humorous yet engaging and immersive with the world of silkroad) Read some history and hint those what you learnt. Spice it up with some contemporary lines (Quest: Bamboozled) .. Make it rewarding.

This is something noone has ever tried in their private servers. If you deliver this, you would be a legend anyhow among those who value quality over quantity of masses.

Do not expect to have as big playerbase as those other networks with big titles on PSRO scene. Do not chase money. Make it your passion and let quality playerbase enjoy and appreciate. I am sure people will support your cause if you can earn their trust by providing them something unique and full.
What you just stated is the formula for a failure.

Those "quality" players you are talking about are long gone. People don't care about a storyline, all they want to do is open their bots, and then come back later to participate in activities and events that were mentioned by Snow (new stuff like arenas', tournaments, dungeons, etc.)

The most significant part is also the popularity of the server. Sadly these days if you don't spend enough time and money into advertising and making a name for yourself, you won't get many players. When new people come in and don't see a high player counter, they won't join.

Doesn't matter what your server has, new features etc. without player base you won't get anywhere.

Not to mention, without player base = no donations = no funds to pay for the "stable environment" you were talking about.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2018, 10:51   #22

elite*gold: 20
Because that is what this game taught them to do.

Level like crazy with nonsense amount of mob kills. And exponentially increase the amounts to ding for the next level.. U know why? Because Silkroad while having a great culture, history and whatnots in real life,, was never contented in the game. All we had were big maps and repetitive mobs. Maps were vast deserts. Completely dead.

So those quality players were long gone as they realized nothing else but same emptiness were going to be released over and over again. Of course JM's greed and bad management skills increased the speed of inevitable result.

What is my point?
You are right in saying that it is a formula for a failure. But it is only a failure if OP designs something for the current player base which we all know as greedy, corrupt botters who try to feed their ego to compensate for their bitter lives.

So my point is, now that he wants to try something else, why not bring some content
in game where people will talk about and may be interested in participating.

After all, Silkroad online is out there for more than 13 years and that ensues a reception which might turn out to be good.

Otherwise, there is no other way for the OP to go for. Advertise like crazy. Have reputable (legit, and known people in the scene) team mates. Prepare to fight with other server owners on the forums and on DDOSSing and hacking eachothers servers...

Have a grand opening. Siphon the money. After the first or second fortress war let it go and close the server in the second, third month..

Rinse and repeat!

Good luck
Old 04/08/2020, 09:56   #23

Here are some more ideas:

EDITED:

Environment
Silkroad Reloaded Client with more quest camps
European first for party leveling
Constantinople + Samarkand
no teleport from blue globe possible
Instances (DW Cave) for groups
Alchemy Material enabled and can be exchanged
resistance gear only droppable from bosses. So tablets for resistances do not exist

Values
Max lvl 40
low to almost none EXP rate
no gold drop
Pots have 2 minute cooldown
monsters have more health, they are stronger

Story / Quest
new Quests
new Story
good rewards
Coin reward from quests
Coins can be exchanged for gold
Equip can only be bought from NPCs
SoS Equip from special/group quests
Old 04/12/2020, 19:22   #24

okay folks,

I am working on the concept again. As you can see on the post above, the basic server concept has changed a lot.
I am trying to make the game very challenging for every player. Therefore some mechanics like pots, skill trees, cooldowns, mana cost and mastery has to be changed. In addition the environment provides you a total remake with new quests, stories and mechanics like instances in different difficulties.

I highly invite you to join my Discord Server "SRO Classic" in order to participate on the silkroad server and becoming part of the community very early. Have fun. Glad to see you there!

Best Regards, Sordren
Old 04/14/2020, 16:35   #25

Main post reworked. Watch out
Old 04/15/2020, 22:37   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordren View Post

Values
Max lvl 40
low to almost none EXP rate
no gold drop
Pots have 2 minute cooldown
monsters have more health, they are stronger
lol bro are you serious?? WTF hahahha ****! Seems u want an absolute impossible and hardcore game!
Old 04/15/2020, 22:41   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiChase View Post
lol bro are you serious?? WTF hahahha ****! Seems u want an absolute impossible and hardcore game!
true
Old 04/15/2020, 23:06   #28

Quote:
true
Well but you gotta find a balance between hard and impossible... no one is gonna play on a server that he will die for any low level mob... Have you tried playing on a server with that specs you said? Seems a bit too crazy.

And... Are you the developer or you trying to find someone to code all of this?
Old 04/16/2020, 00:36   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiChase View Post
Well but you gotta find a balance between hard and impossible... no one is gonna play on a server that he will die for any low level mob... Have you tried playing on a server with that specs you said? Seems a bit too crazy.
hey obviously it should not be impossible, just harder than casual server. I want to see more Buffer classes and more parties. When mobs are stronger (more health) therefore I would decrease skill mana cost. The concept has to be tested for sure.

Quote:
And... Are you the developer or you trying to find someone to code all of this?
I have created the concept so far and want to make a private server for that. Always looking for people that are interested too.
Old 04/16/2020, 03:08   #30

Quote:
hey obviously it should not be impossible, just harder than casual server. I want to see more Buffer classes and more parties. When mobs are stronger (more health) therefore I would decrease skill mana cost. The concept has to be tested for sure.

I have created the concept so far and want to make a private server for that. Always looking for people that are interested too.
Well it can work, but will require a looot of changes in the game, and to find some developer that knows how to do them, and WANTS to do it... Will be hard.

And yea with that 2 minute pot cooldown you said, would only be possible to play in party with cleric doing healing... Impossible to play alone, otherwise you would need to lower the mobs attack damage and add some hp auto regen like some newer rpg games...

Anyway... Good luck on the server idea. Would be nice to see something different.

Tags
idea, oldschool, online, server, silkroad