Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What "Play2Win" Server looks like?

Discussion on What "Play2Win" Server looks like? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 29
Exclamation What "Play2Win" Server looks like?

Morning/Evening everyone

are all servers nowadays is Play2win? We Will answer that + need your opinion

without any introductions.. if you donate 30~50$ you gonna have tons of gold by selling silks which will allow you to buy good stuff in the game within 1day only and we all know this. I mean you still can farm and spend 1 ~ 2month without donating to be strong, yeah but you kinda feel the game is unfair when you spend months in farming your parts where there is a donator who gets everything in 1 day by donating 50$ for example

so what if we have a server that doesn't allow you to sell Silks, I think it would be a really good Idea

let's sort this out for non-donator who need silk as well.

- 2 silk/h
- Silk by killing Uniques
- daily events for silks
- jobbing for extra silk+gold

not allowing EU class + cap 80~100 + ( HWID limit 2 )

This is in my opinion is the real old school server

let me know what do you think
would you like to play in a server with those features?

Regards & Wishes
Old 04/28/2017, 16:16   #2

elite*gold: 0
You cannot host a good stable server without income, gl & hf
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/28/2017, 16:46   #3

elite*gold: 1
Yep all the servers are pay2win if you look it like that, actually all MMOS are like that.
Old 04/28/2017, 17:36   #4

For starters, you can't have 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 500, 700 and 1k silk scrolls, and then expect people to use gold as a currency.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/28/2017, 17:38   #5

yea pretty much all MMORPG are p2w, you can't do anything with it, hosting a sro server is not cheap and also, CREATING a GOOD pserver is not easy, dev deservers a high income for such dedication and investment.

The only real problem is when servers becomes totally p2w, I mean, no free silk by anyway besides donating or trading your all things to rich players. And donating give more benefits than what you can get from selling stuff (Like Magic Pop, Astral, etc...)
Old 04/29/2017, 08:48   #6

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smukke View Post
For starters, you can't have 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 500, 700 and 1k silk scrolls, and then expect people to use gold as a currency.
yup, adding Silk scrolls and expecting players to use gold as the main currency is kinda stupid imo

i tried adding silk scrolls in one of my servers and gold was worthless
players stopped trading and items were sold for silks instead of gold lol

but yeah... silk scrolls are really bad if you want gold to be the main currency
Old 04/29/2017, 15:31   #7

Silk scrolls is the worst thing in any pserver iv played, it totally destroys any economy. everything becomes Silks to win. U want that +12 bow? sure buy urself 5k silks and pay for it. because you can be **** sure they will never accept gold for anything better than basic npc trash items.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2017, 09:16   #8

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by -McCree View Post
Yep all the servers are pay2win if you look it like that, actually all MMOS are like that.
Exactly !!

Quote:
didn't say I might have Silk Scrolls at all !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNrik View Post
yea pretty much all MMORPG are p2w, you can't do anything with it, hosting a sro server is not cheap and also, CREATING a GOOD pserver is not easy, dev deservers a high income for such dedication and investment.

The only real problem is when servers becomes totally p2w, I mean, no free silk by anyway besides donating or trading your all things to rich players. And donating give more benefits than what you can get from selling stuff (Like Magic Pop, Astral, etc...)
Yup you are right, even if it's cheap or not I still can do this + The Income won't be less if you are on a server that doesn't allow selling silks!
Players are buying silk even in the first few days of the grand opening
+ it won't effect the non-donators, you will need to donate to get higher exp, alchemy luck, extra 10% dmg, pets, trading vehicle, avatars.
What I am talking about here is old iSro server with a little bit of more features.
Trading - Events - few unique, can be the one and only way to get silk besides the silk per hour @ Max Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1QB0SS :3 View Post
yup, adding Silk scrolls and expecting players to use gold as the main currency is kinda stupid imo

i tried adding silk scrolls in one of my servers and gold was worthless
players stopped trading and items were sold for silks instead of gold lol

but yeah... silk scrolls are really bad if you want gold to be the main currency
no Silk scrolls will be added at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRON- View Post
Silk scrolls is the worst thing in any pserver iv played, it totally destroys any economy. everything becomes Silks to win. U want that +12 bow? sure buy urself 5k silks and pay for it. because you can be damn sure they will never accept gold for anything better than basic npc trash items.

+1

EDIT1 : Even the Silk that drops from Uniques or can Be Claimed by Trading are not tradable
EDIT2 : I still wanna know do you like to be on a server with those ideas or similar ones?
Old 04/30/2017, 21:00   #9

Received Thanks: 1,312
Quote:
this changes NOTHING if people are selling dress,prem,reverse,globals for gold or silk scrolls.. its just a SAVER way with silks scrolls so you arent buying a dress and in the end the other guy dont want it anymore.

Also not tradeable silks = pay2win cause ONLY donators will have silks

there will never be a 100% play2win server.
Old 05/01/2017, 05:22   #10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSun View Post
this changes NOTHING if people are selling dress,prem,reverse,globals for gold or silk scrolls.. its just a SAVER way with silks scrolls so you arent buying a dress and in the end the other guy dont want it anymore.

Also not tradeable silks = pay2win cause ONLY donators will have silks

there will never be a 100% play2win server.

ummmm I don't agree, lemme explain really quick.

Tradeable silks = a totally new Player joins the game after 2 months of the grand opening, charges 1k silk, sells them, gets sox, boom!! he is OP

non-Tradeable Silks for Non-Donators = Being online silk\h, Daily Auto events, for example, each win = 5~10silk (There Might be around 15 round per day in different timings), Killing High-Level Uniques can Drop 10 Silks, Trading Can generate Silks. in 12 hours the non-donator Might be able to get more than 40 silks if he was pretty lucky

however, donators can't be very strong or overpowered if The Prem is nerfed + devil spirits are disabled because silks can't get them nor gold or items

#Solved for me, What do you think?
Old 05/02/2017, 21:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbujasim View Post
ummmm I don't agree, lemme explain really quick.

Tradeable silks = a totally new Player joins the game after 2 months of the grand opening, charges 1k silk, sells them, gets sox, boom!! he is OP

non-Tradeable Silks for Non-Donators = Being online silk\h, Daily Auto events, for example, each win = 5~10silk (There Might be around 15 round per day in different timings), Killing High-Level Uniques can Drop 10 Silks, Trading Can generate Silks. in 12 hours the non-donator Might be able to get more than 40 silks if he was pretty lucky

however, donators can't be very strong or overpowered if The Prem is nerfed + devil spirits are disabled because silks can't get them nor gold or items

#Solved for me, What do you think?
Nice strategy for 1 month server, you forgot to add no bot server, "success" is inevitable
(Server type: 1 month server, Latino server, Arab server - call it like you wish)
Just take a look at almost all long term servers, they are online just because are pay2win, many players need something they can't have on official and they have money and no have time to spend again weeks/months/years to get a damn set +12
Yes there will be a hype at start, but this will not last for long (check server type)

IMHO
Old 05/03/2017, 03:21   #12

Nice Pro I Like Your Ideas
Old 05/03/2017, 05:04   #13

i can pay for any server to keep it free for players but i dont trust ppl here xD sorry new to ****** />
.. i sponsor many games most rohan servers and Boi server and world of warcraft servers .. i can try here also if i find some1 to trust ..
Old 05/03/2017, 14:47   #14

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushipu View Post
Nice strategy for 1 month server, you forgot to add no bot server, "success" is inevitable
(Server type: 1 month server, Latino server, Arab server - call it like you wish)
Just take a look at almost all long term servers, they are online just because are pay2win, many players need something they can't have on official and they have money and no have time to spend again weeks/months/years to get a damn set +12
Yes there will be a hype at start, but this will not last for long (check server type)

IMHO
I don't understand why you called it "1month server". This is what OldSro looks like with a little features for non-donators to keep up with donators little bit. however, it wont make a big difference between a donator and non-donator IF the non-donator tried hard to get the silk and it gonna be pretty easy to be honest "Think Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2111 View Post
Nice Pro I Like Your Ideas
MUCH LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbloodx View Post
i can pay for any server to keep it free for players but i dont trust ppl here xD sorry new to SRO

.. i sponsor many games most rohan servers and Boi server and world of warcraft servers .. i can try here also if i find some1 to trust ..

I LITERALLY can pay 1 Year of expenses of my server that I am going to create without a single donation, thank you for the offer tho!

any more thoughts to share?
Old 05/03/2017, 22:01   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbujasim View Post
I LITERALLY can pay 1 Year of expenses of my server that I am going to create without a single donation, thank you for the offer tho!

any more thoughts to share?

sorry but 1 year isn't enough , u need to keep it forever or dont make it