Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Elamidas: Designing Gameplay! Read carefully. Think. Then Post!

Discussion on Elamidas: Designing Gameplay! Read carefully. Think. Then Post! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/24/2017, 15:24   #31

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
If you truly want it to be longterm, which is hard to achieve due to players needing a break once in a while, and 'hardcore' players don't take breaks they quit.

But an attempt could be making PROPER cap updates. And I don't mean the kind electus reborn for example had, where you could upgrade your current gear to the next degree with same stats & +.

And also don't make it so hard to get soX shit. So basically you do full som in 2 weeks, then you work on full sun for 2 weeks and the next cap comes out 2 weeks later = 1,5 month. Do like 6 cap updates and you already milked it out a lot, I don't think you'll get any further than 6 months-9 months anyway. But otherwise you can keep bringing out new gear to work for, people get bored shitless when they're almost full or already full of the soX gear.

Which also makes people lazy/bored is that the 'new' sox is usually only +2 (at most, usually only even +1) better than the old(er) gear they had. Which... doesn't even make u feel stronger. So make it worthwhile having, and people that complain about catching up it's a goddamn MMO if you start late you are always gonna be worse than people that play longer.

However you can balance ctf with 'auto gear balancer' etc, can be done in ba/ctf/survival event shits/fw if people would want that(not that this would make sense IMO)
Cap update is the way to go, sure there. Got a different thing in mind for that though. No worries

I don't want you guys to keep grinding sets, keep grinding bullshit and make new shit to keep up with the meta. Thats a BAD time-sink. Therefore, the idea with upgrading shit with multiple same items for example. You keep your stats, blues and shit. You keep that plus almost. Just goes up +1 each time. Eeez!

So no worries about SoX being worthwhile.

Auto gear balancer... About this one. It's too highly debated. So maybe just.. 1PM: Normal CTF
2PM: Auto Gear CTF ...

See the logic there? Both parties shall be happy that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasert123 View Post
I'll keep it simple and clean:

* Make all currencies valuable, don't let one become more important than the other.

* Rework CTF / BA: make them more equitable and fair to play to everybody, the main problem of these events is the stupid shitty matchmaking system.

* Grind - Level up: Am i the only one who really enjoy to take some time to reach the max level? One of the bests parts of Silkroad Online was the grinding, nowadays you get max level in 2-3 days. That's just lame asf.

* 1 month moon = 2 months server.
Madvoi.

Hello there Mr. INTP -A.
Currencies being worth something. Good point. Always taken into account.

Ingame economy is a huge thing. We're trying to get shit together and then make rates that properly fit the ideas. One of the most important things and most let down too.

CTF, BA... Check quote above or below.

Grind up? 3 Days max as always. THEN unique events etc will start. Before that 3 day period you won't get grind-help.
Most nerds shall be done in 2 days tho.

I don't wanna go random 1 month = Moon... etc. Thats bullshit as you said. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badibatu22 View Post
I would prefer a quest based, slow levelling server rather than a server which your only goals are reaching max level in 3 days and trading to get coin & moon items.

Making stones n elixirs so rare and undroppable from mobs would make a better competition.

Making the gold main currency instead of silk(fuck silk scrolls) and keeping the gold level not high to hold inflation

What about deleting the force tree and distribute it's skills to other classes?
Slow leveling cannot be done in Elamidas. We're not that much PvE oriented. It's mostly a good mixture of PvE and PvP content. So sorry there, cannot do.

Stones & Elix rare. Yes.

Gold main currency. Yes.

Hmm.... force tree. You mean the SRO-R like thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burak30 View Post
AWESOME the community should be change only you can do this go ahead.... Also FW system should change too....
Exactly. Gotta change those asses. FW System.. I'll look at @ 's thread once they are done discussing and debating.
Old 03/24/2017, 16:57   #32

elite*gold: 0
It's been 4-5 years since last time I logged in this sro forum and I can't believe that you guys are still playing this ****

MuSMaN
Old 03/24/2017, 17:20   #33

elite*gold: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by musunited View Post
It's been 4-5 years since last time I logged in this sro forum and I can't believe that you guys are still playing this ****

MuSMaN
From Elite Sro ? lel
Old 03/24/2017, 17:59   #34

The server i would like,
-60-70 cap start
-every month new cap update
-low common item,sox,stone,elixir rate
-smooth gameplay
-no to 6 hours trading requirements in a day to get a **** coin or whatever

simply a server who tracking first movements of joymax.Because ppl missing that good days.

Btw i wonder why akasch still spending his time with **** csro files or sth,there are some guys who got original isro and sro r files.But they cant managing that files,a good editor could make a tasty cook with that files

btw,this comment may not has a direct link with subject of topic and sorry for bad eng
Old 03/25/2017, 02:01   #35

Finally someone who wants to do something other than the boring same same servers I see going up every other day! If you can market the server to other places than the usual botter community, and find fresh sources of gamers who actually enjoy to "play", you'd probably have a higher chance at a longer lived/higher player attended server.

To many of the current player community right now use the servers to mass bot for the purposes of leeching $$ for themselves selling whatever they can. So when you change the rules that might affect their ability to do that they cry wolf.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/25/2017, 05:42   #36

I feel like you only just found out how to swear and the over use of it is cringe worthy lmao. I would like to see it all unfold any how. Would be cool to see a CTF like event but fighting over who can kill the main 'stone' in the middle and the winner gets all the stones/elixirs and the others get nothing.
Old 03/26/2017, 12:14   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by burak30 View Post
From Elite Sro ? lel
Yeah
Old 03/26/2017, 22:29   #38

Received Thanks: 1,312
Reality is the best example people dont want changes, its a 1:1 elamidas copy and got 3k players just like Ruby with the same copied stuff

People WANT to skip the boring stuff with the bot, so I dont see a reason for mining,fishing,farming whatever u wanna copy from WoW or any other mmo, people are still playing SRO cause its possible to bot 24/7 and just pvp whole day (FW,GW,CTF,BA,job) or hunting uniques

Obv your server will get 3-4k players nomatter what u do, but will they stay is the other question IF they need to work for white%, blues and elixirs
Old 03/26/2017, 23:01   #39

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
The ideas are fun and could bring something new to the community. It is boring having to change every server cause all the features have alrdy been seen and everyone going with the flow.

I'd be ready to give it a try @ , I will also be sure to think about other ideas and let you know whenever i come up with something

~ XEN
Old 03/27/2017, 04:55   #40

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSun View Post
Reality is the best example people dont want changes, its a 1:1 elamidas copy and got 3k players just like Ruby with the same copied stuff

People WANT to skip the boring stuff with the bot, so I dont see a reason for mining,fishing,farming whatever u wanna copy from WoW or any other mmo, people are still playing SRO cause its possible to bot 24/7 and just pvp whole day (FW,GW,CTF,BA,job) or hunting uniques

Obv your server will get 3-4k players nomatter what u do, but will they stay is the other question IF they need to work for white%, blues and elixirs
Until when exactly server owners will keep on copying others just to get some money? Changes are good from time to time, that is why people wait for Elamidas. Botting is actually what makes the game boring and dead not the leveling (unless the rates are low af then it's really boring)
Old 03/27/2017, 08:05   #41

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow* View Post
Until when exactly server owners will keep on copying others just to get some money? Changes are good from time to time, that is why people wait for Elamidas. Botting is actually what makes the game boring and dead not the leveling (unless the rates are low af then it's really boring)
The community requests this kind of server however. Everytime I talk with people it kind of ends up with cap 100, chn only usually (some prefer EU too obviously)

And obviously job/ctf/ba/fw based. It's a simple formula and every server that does succeed with it has their own twist to it. But in the end they come down to the same thing, an active server where ALL the people gather and play to have the big job war, big fortress war, big rivalry in BA the players want. They don't care for mining or stuff like that.

Hence me saying somewhere in a previous post making a mining system isn't for the players, it's just for a developer himself to progress the game.
Old 03/27/2017, 16:28   #42

No offence and totally offtopic...

How about we just stop making Silkroad servers?

Old 03/27/2017, 18:34   #43

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
No offence and totally offtopic...

How about we just stop making Silkroad servers?

your signature is broken.
Old 03/27/2017, 23:31   #44

Creating a new game wouldn't be more exciting and challenging?
Create new races, worlds, towns, items, fatures, maybe copy some from others game, graphics etc.
Just think about it.
You'll swim in money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/30/2017, 09:06   #45

elite*gold: 1
Can't wait to see how this works out I'll be sure to play next Elamidas.