Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

i just got nostalgia..

Discussion on i just got nostalgia.. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 12/05/2013, 18:39   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
amai das wel zwaar, echt nen ette gast da gij bent
Vlaams is next level ****.
Old 12/05/2013, 19:16   #17

Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifillity View Post
Vlaams is next level ****.
Vlaamsch*
Old 12/05/2013, 22:20   #18

elite*gold: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyră View Post
To make an old-style games are the most useful files

My english is not good
Lol i'm here talking about the real old-school, NO FORTRESS, NO CTF NO JANGAN CAVE - but instead : Quests, Massive Job runs/Guild wars, chinese only gameplay! and so on.. these were the times and this is was what i call Silkroad.

#guys lets get rid of offtopic or language lessons.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/05/2013, 22:28   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuuro_lv View Post
Lol i'm here talking about the real old-school, NO FORTRESS, NO CTF NO JANGAN CAVE - but instead : Quests, Massive Job runs/Guild wars, chinese only gameplay! and so on.. these were the times and this is was what i call Silkroad.
Make it happen.

#artuuroforpresident #wewantoldsroback #krallicious
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2013, 22:29   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
Make it happen.

#artuuroforpresident #wewantoldsroback #krallicious
Work on progress.. wanna help?
Old 12/05/2013, 22:34   #21

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:

People want jobbing to be popular.

We had that at Venture.

People complained theres no other ways to earn gold.
Old 12/05/2013, 22:36   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
People want jobbing to be popular.

We had that at Venture.

People complained theres no other ways to earn gold.
That's because you never explained them the game basics - or you don't know them either?
as far as i noticed people nowadays know just around 3-4 things to do in SRO - that's PVP, Fortress war, Get egy gear somehow (ctf or whatever the server put there) and bot partying of course.. lets not forget pvp fighting with noob combos learnt at youtube.. i still enjoy joining some random pservers and shittin noobs faces who doesnt know how to pvp coz they learn it from youtube.

What i know about silkroad - Guild wars can make entire guild earn nice amounts of money, job runs were used to make nice money, uniques often used to drop sox items - which is a good money in properly balanced server, quests should do some gold aswell.. i liked the time when wolf pet was an achievement for me rather than just getting it for 5 minutes botting time. Silkroad itself wasnt designed as a simple game, it is and will remain really detailed game with alot of features and things to do when you digg deeper than you could actually notice.

note: about this little project im gonna bring up soon: i dont really care how much people will join or actually play it, but i'll make sure that my friends and me myself will have the feeling of the game back then.
Old 12/06/2013, 06:11   #23

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
That's because you never explained them the game basics - or you don't know them either?
as far as i noticed people nowadays know just around 3-4 things to do in SRO - that's PVP, Fortress war, Get egy gear somehow (ctf or whatever the server put there) and bot partying of course.. lets not forget pvp fighting with noob combos learnt at youtube.. i still enjoy joining some random pservers and shittin noobs faces who doesnt know how to pvp coz they learn it from youtube.

What i know about silkroad - Guild wars can make entire guild earn nice amounts of money, job runs were used to make nice money, uniques often used to drop sox items - which is a good money in properly balanced server, quests should do some gold aswell.. i liked the time when wolf pet was an achievement for me rather than just getting it for 5 minutes botting time. Silkroad itself wasnt designed as a simple game, it is and will remain really detailed game with alot of features and things to do when you digg deeper than you could actually notice.

note: about this little project im gonna bring up soon: i dont really care how much people will join or actually play it, but i'll make sure that my friends and me myself will have the feeling of the game back then.
Explained the basics? What are you talking about? Theres nothing to explain, youre going on about "old time" bullshit on and on, silkroad is anything but complicated.

There isnt any "old times" to recreate simply because "old times" = large community playing and the fact that you dont need **** for features as long as you have a lot of people online.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/06/2013, 10:58   #24

Received Thanks: 2,010
Well oldschool is simply impossible in the current state of the SRO community, old school has just become a marketing term to attract some players for a quick buck.

1) Oldschool SRO was completely stable -> no single server currently has more than 90% uptime (and if they do, they're just lucky that nobody is currently attacking them, because they don't have the slightest clue on how to fix these exploits/mitigate even small DDoS attacks)

2) Oldschool SRO did not have bots as advanced as they are today, I don't really remember anyone running 12 full, clientless, bot parties on old sro, it was simply not possible (unless you had somebody to babysit them 24/7)

3) Current players simply don't remember how to play this game anymore, they're used to getting everything for nothing, so if you add one element that is supposed to be a challenge 90% of the players will not even try it and just quit, it's simply impossible by definition to make a longterm, fun server without any degree of difficulty
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/06/2013, 13:46   #25

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
Explained the basics? What are you talking about? Theres nothing to explain, youre going on about "old time" bullshit on and on, silkroad is anything but complicated.

There isnt any "old times" to recreate simply because "old times" = large community playing and the fact that you dont need **** for features as long as you have a lot of people online.
^This is so true...
Old 12/06/2013, 14:24   #26

No, people don't want oldschool servers, they pretend to be some badass old players who want to showoff their passion for old times. But when time comes for such a server, they ***** about how hard is it to get stuff and they just quit, and join other servers with loads of free/customized ****.

I know what I'm talking about because I witnessed the last successful "Oldschool" server and watched it dying, for no reason other than players.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/07/2013, 14:00   #27

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
No, people don't want oldschool servers, they pretend to be some badass old players who want to showoff their passion for old times. But when time comes for such a server, they ***** about how hard is it to get stuff and they just quit, and join other servers with loads of free/customized ****.

I know what I'm talking about because I witnessed the last successful "Oldschool" server and watched it dying, for no reason other than players.
I agree. Most people here are like "yeah I want the old-school times back" so, a server is created with OLDSCHOOL RATES (2x-3x) then they ***** and cry about it?
Old 12/08/2013, 09:09   #28

10/10 would play in 60 cap but really? no auto potion? man...give auto potion and we are ready to go.
Old 12/08/2013, 14:06   #29

elite*gold: 11
Quote:

You won't get players then or they will simply leave after a short time, accept it.

Those times are over. You'll only find it on overpopulated servers.
Old 12/08/2013, 16:59   #30

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,311
'Oldschool' you all talk about isnt the game features ,its the knowledge , game used to be fun cuz we were discovering it , now as literally every one know's whatsup , its boring , you know the most efficient way's to get gold , and stuff, you've discovered newest skills , 80lv dashes wont be that cool to achieve later or sooner , every game has that stage when its fun , but give it as many years as silkroad and it will become as boring as silkroad is today.
Thanks
1 User