Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What to expect from joymax?

Discussion on What to expect from joymax? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What to expect from joymax?

Alright,thought of a topic.So what do you people think joymax will do?like,will they shut sro down completely and get going with sro2 and then what. Theire probably gonna recycle stuff from sro1 aswell,no suprise there. What will then happen to Psro,who knows,it might die out or just keep going with these kral servers. In general,what do you people think joymax will create,i hope its sro2 soon,im starting to get sick of sro1.
Old 07/31/2013, 09:25   #2

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
SRO 2 will take a long time to finish it up from a to z. since it's not like sro1 when it was officially released in 2006 as beta stage. I mean, that noob 300mb client.. I think it will cross the 4gb even when it's compressed due the highness of included items/avatars/misc.

About that sro1-close, no body really cares about sro 1 since it had been hacked. and yeah it's true go ahead to rev6 and read the whole story. They're ultra stupid developers. they knew that there's a developed bot and they did not even change the pack method only 'dont qiwe ecc ynformation' ****** notices. comes to a lot of 3rd party software and the same **** everytime; goldbots are more than the active people in whole isro servers and they didn't even ban em. and now goldbot resellers got their hands on the db connection and they're selling custom items with custom status even if it was +12 100% (for all white/blue area).
Example:
Tell me that he did not do that mooning-b itching to any of gms to promote his items. elixirs are by ******* silks and he did a whole +10 and +12 weapon just like that. even in 3x vsro ps you can't do it that easy. it would require more than 5k elixirs to get the job done.
Also,
Old 07/31/2013, 11:05   #3

elite*gold: 122
Check Joymax page and search for Web Silkroad.
Old 07/31/2013, 11:16   #4

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
They're working on too much stuff, in my opinion. I think I'd rather the release of SRO 2 than Web-Silkroad, as website RPG's are known to be laggy as ****, especially with the amount of players which will flock to web-sros opening.
Old 07/31/2013, 12:15   #5

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Joymax is bb
Thanks
12 Users
Old 07/31/2013, 17:33   #6

yeah ive heard of web-sro,will it be a toned down version of sro or a whole new game?
Old 08/01/2013, 23:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]ase[J]umP View Post
yeah ive heard of web-sro,will it be a toned down version of sro or a whole new game?
I don't think that it will ever come out. I mean, seriously, it has been about 3 years or so since they announced it coming "soon" and there are still no news about it. Nobody does that.
Old 08/01/2013, 23:11   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]ase[J]umP View Post
afaik, is kinda like a tower defense game, but idk
Old 08/02/2013, 21:34   #9

not many people will play that probably,first they make a game ruining bot for it
Old 08/02/2013, 23:02   #10

Received Thanks: 1,517
I think that they don't give a **** about SRO anymore and are just using their resources to work on the games they currently have in development (like mobile SRO, web SRO and SRO 2) and to publish games for other developers (Knight Age, Digimon Masters, possibly some of their mobile games).
Old 08/02/2013, 23:07   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
SRO 2 will take a long time to finish it up from a to z. since it's not like sro1 when it was officially released in 2006 as beta stage. I mean, that noob 300mb client.. I think it will cross the 4gb even when it's compressed due the highness of included items/avatars/misc.

About that sro1-close, no body really cares about sro 1 since it had been hacked. and yeah it's true go ahead to rev6 and read the whole story. They're ultra stupid developers. they knew that there's a developed bot and they did not even change the pack method only 'dont qiwe ecc ynformation' shitty notices. comes to a lot of 3rd party software and the same shit everytime; goldbots are more than the active people in whole isro servers and they didn't even ban em. and now goldbot resellers got their hands on the db connection and they're selling custom items with custom status even if it was +12 100% (for all white/blue area).
Example:
Tell me that he did not do that mooning-b itching to any of gms to promote his items. elixirs are by fucking silks and he did a whole +10 and +12 weapon just like that. even in 3x vsro ps you can't do it that easy. it would require more than 5k elixirs to get the job done.
Also,
I do not fully agree with you on the whole bot part. I'm sure they knew that there was a bot out there and all those gold bots. But what were they supposed to do. Change the protocol? Pack the client? Those are 1. Time consuming things to prevent the inevitable. The bots will simply adapt to support those changes.

But on another point of view. The goldbots, sure there are a TON of them and a reason why they do not ban those is because they also keep the real players in. Indirectly they support a pay to win game style. People buy gold, items, powerlevels and what not. At that point they spend money on the game so for most people it's a lot harder to just quit.

About the whole hacked thing if that's true then that's just plain stupid. I couldn't exactly find the story on rev6 (There are a lot of threads about joymax being hacked, lol). But that's just something that should never ever happen to an online game and if it they should have taken the right measures.

I think Joymax will keep SRO1 in the air until it's not profitable anymore. As long as they can make money off of it in ANY way they will keep the servers online (I would do the same thing if I was in their position). The biggest problem with SRO1 is that it's heavily outdated. It's suprisingly how long this game is actually around (10 years since the beta). That's ancient in the digital world right now.

The psro scene might be around for a bit longer since it's not one company deciding it's future. If one private servers changes their policy or get hacked the people can just go to another server.
Old 08/03/2013, 00:27   #12

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_owner View Post
I do not fully agree with you on the whole bot part. I'm sure they knew that there was a bot out there and all those gold bots. But what were they supposed to do. Change the protocol? Pack the client? Those are 1. Time consuming things to prevent the inevitable. The bots will simply adapt to support those changes.

But on another point of view. The goldbots, sure there are a TON of them and a reason why they do not ban those is because they also keep the real players in. Indirectly they support a pay to win game style. People buy gold, items, powerlevels and what not. At that point they spend money on the game so for most people it's a lot harder to just quit.

About the whole hacked thing if that's true then that's just plain stupid. I couldn't exactly find the story on rev6 (There are a lot of threads about joymax being hacked, lol). But that's just something that should never ever happen to an online game and if it they should have taken the right measures.

I think Joymax will keep SRO1 in the air until it's not profitable anymore. As long as they can make money off of it in ANY way they will keep the servers online (I would do the same thing if I was in their position). The biggest problem with SRO1 is that it's heavily outdated. It's suprisingly how long this game is actually around (10 years since the beta). That's ancient in the digital world right now.

The psro scene might be around for a bit longer since it's not one company deciding it's future. If one private servers changes their policy or get hacked the people can just go to another server.
Pack? XD Dude, they ain't a represintive for sro ass rsro etc. They're the official hoster after ksro and I'm quiet sure that they can create a new whole method to import their info inside. It won't take ages because the pk2 system created like in 2005 or so. like creating Pk10 or so . Also about rev6 part,

Old 08/03/2013, 00:50   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Pack? XD Dude, they ain't a represintive for sro *** rsro etc. They're the official hoster after ksro and I'm quiet sure that they can create a new whole method to import their info inside. It won't take ages because the pk2 system created like in 2005 or so. like creating Pk10 or so . Also about rev6 part,

He said they could, but why would they? SRO is in the same state my favourite game was in (it's closed now - TwelveSky2), they'll keep the servers online untill they're not profitable anymore, it has nothing to do with the fact that it's not that much of a time consuming task.
Old 08/03/2013, 00:54   #14

Received Thanks: 1,517
SRO is simply broken. Joymax knows this, which is why they made SRO R, to still get as much money out of it as possible. They won't try to fix SRO because they know it wouldn't be as profitable as developing and/or publishing a new game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/03/2013, 00:56   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
SRO is simply broken. Joymax knows this, which is why they made SRO R, to still get as much money out of it as possible. They won't try to fix SRO because they know it wouldn't be as profitable as developing and/or publishing a new game.
I've always wondered if Joymax knew this all along, like the game has been broken since several years, but they still updated it.