Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private Silkroad Chit-Chat I

Discussion on Private Silkroad Chit-Chat I within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 07/27/2018, 14:28   #5236

elite*gold: 0
There are several things to consider: thread poster's english skills, thread appearance, server features, brand name etc.
Old 07/27/2018, 20:44   #5237

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Not really, if you're familiar with the advertising section or active there like me you will notice what you mentioned has nothing to determine what so called a ''trash/bad'' server.

We've seen tons of threads with a really good quality and tons features which half of them not even in the server itself. The server/project, either way, closes in a month ~ 3 months (depends on the guy running the project) .. even saw a server closed after a week. On a scale, you will find pretty much everyone with a project history but none of them willing to proceed with their past. Instead, they create a whole new project (which is just a new name from the old project and new thread content) or they ask someone else from their team to post the thread aka the advertisement thread. it's a complicated case more than you can imagine and I highly doubt you can filter it. that's why I'm asking for opinions.

I'm familiar with most of the tricks in the advertisement section, and you can't imagine how many of these threads we see daily, we just delete them. For others don't think we can do much if they follow our rules.
Old 07/28/2018, 07:12   #5238

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
The time to do something was 3-4 years ago while we still had developers and dedicated/talented people in the scene, now its just a graveyard of wannabe kids.
Old 07/28/2018, 18:08   #5239

Well, the amount of private servers is increasing every month.
Old 07/29/2018, 09:24   #5240

Wannabe kids.
Old 08/04/2018, 23:26   #5241

game is dead. only thing player wants…. make money not.... playing it with other ppl and have fun. it is shame private servers dont last longer …maybe remake will do better some day ... R.I.P. bye bye …
Old 08/05/2018, 18:07   #5242

elite*gold: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur3slayer View Post
At first, they should fully delet the section. Then rebuild it. For Example:" Anonymous wanna creat a Thread, he finished his Thread. Now a Mod have to check the Thread and Approve it before it will be posted!"
from the other thread, would work maybe?
Old 09/04/2018, 07:26   #5243

elite*gold: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
I wish if I could tag Sro players here
Anyway, wanted to ask what you guys think about a suggestion. would love to hear your opinion about how you wish to clean the section !

Based on this suggestions

If you don't wish to contribute with your opinion about it .. it's fine but sadly the section will stay the same that way . if you have something to say then please do and we will hear you. no trolling please
I thought about smth but it is hard for you guys, If you could hire beta testers so they can check server features so it will be depends on this points
1-If the beta testers approved that the server is working fine so the first step is done. ( I mean the beta testers need to look for the features that in the server ) *We can call them observers*
2- Thread quality is important.
3- Posts & Received Thanks are required, Since the most experienced developers got too many thanks & posts.
4- Join Date is required too. I see a lot of people are creating new account and then upgrade it to premium, publish the thread, It should not work like that.
5- Report system, If too many users reported the thread, so the thread should be closed, It depends on this points :
A-Server got a lot of bugs.
B-There is corruption, etc..
Old 09/04/2018, 17:27   #5244

@ First of all we Moderators do not interfere whether the server is corrupted or not, we can't simply investigate every single server out there, there's thousands of them. The user is always free to pick any server he/she wants tho they're not obligated to stay in a project that does not fit their requirements. 2nd part about ''too many users reporting a thread'' it can be easily abused and let me give you an example. (I'm a guild leader , I got banned for whatever the reason is , I advised my members to report the said thread and we will jump to another private project) a typical scenario cannot be taken into consideration if it's based on misleading information.

Quote:
Join Date is required too. I see a lot of people are creating new account and then upgrade it to premium, publish the thread, It should not work like that.
Don't worry about that part, I personally check every single new thread submitted by a new account/user on this section, so just a matter of time if it's truly a multi-account they will be banned.

Quote:
I mean the beta testers need to look for the features that in the server
I highly doubt someone will have the time to check every single server for years, and even let's say we have them... people with different taste , some might prefer a simple server and some might not.

My point is, it's a place that the user can offer his advertisement thread in a friendly atmosphere where they can accept positive/negative feedback and we're not here to restrict them.

Thread quality is indeed important, we have even a sticky guide for it but until now I can't understand why some (not all) refuse to spend just 4 minutes to check it. most low quality threads gets removed anyway.

It's nice to hear your suggestions ^^
Old 09/04/2018, 17:42   #5245

As the people above me already said, all of the talented persons left SRO years ago. Every year i hopp here to check how things going, i'd just see copy paste content on every Server, nothing special, nothing with high value. SRO is just to old and programming around SRO is just waist of time. I've saw alot of Servers with great idea's unable to accomplish them. Doesnt matter if the programmer is skilled or not, everyone who worked with SRO does know how pain in the azz it is. As far for suggestions about Privateserver Section: First of all, you should clean the whole section. And Approve thread's based on "requirements has to be met".
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2018, 04:55   #5246

This forum used to be so much alive. What happened?
Old 10/11/2018, 12:16   #5247

The traffic is more on the advertising section now
Old 12/25/2018, 01:08   #5248

Merry Christmas
Old 12/25/2018, 15:57   #5249

"Ask the Experts" + How to setup server guides should be deleted, as there are too many servers with unskilled staff whose created server by guides and not by its own skills

#edit

In order to maintain the stability and quality of private servers, the files itself should not be released to public.

I know this is selfish only few people to own the files, but it were only 3-4 quality servers and active Silkroad players won't be spread in dozens of servers 1-200 players in each.
Old 12/26/2018, 17:23   #5250

Merry christmas dead section.