Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ESRO] ~ EPVP Private Server Project ~

Discussion on [ESRO] ~ EPVP Private Server Project ~ within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/18/2008, 05:08   #436

elite*gold: 0
I like the way jM3 talks :P I can understand it and I agree with him completely on all levels. He isn't by chance jMerlin is he?
Old 12/18/2008, 06:34   #437

Legend 3 PLUS! means that you can have euro fully working? :|

if u can.. ill cry of happiness
Old 12/18/2008, 08:29   #438

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by g859 View Post
I like the way jM3 talks :P I can understand it and I agree with him completely on all levels. He isn't by chance jMerlin is he?
Ya he is
Old 12/18/2008, 17:02   #439

Well, nice ideas.
However, I would like to ask - is it really good move to use MySQL? Because, as it is known, MySQL is not very fast and stable with large amount of data. Also some useful things are not fully implemented or are implemented with "errors".

Why not to use Postgres (PgSQL)? PgSQL is more like Oracle db, it is faster, etc.

Also, as you were talking about problems with licences and other "legal" things, i think it would be good move to make this emulator for linux.

At all, for stable server you need stable and fast system. Also, running it at Windows platform would require money - at all, it can not run at normal workstation Windows system. And Server Editions are expensive...

Also, Windows-based erver would be more vulnerable to attacks and hacking attempts.
Old 12/18/2008, 17:35   #440

A good thing will be... It will be Legend 3 PLUS!. Everytime ISRO updates we can update our files

just wonder why you like joymax? why can`t you do it like Ksro with the lv 105 ?
^_^
Old 12/18/2008, 18:18   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracek View Post
Well, nice ideas.
However, I would like to ask - is it really good move to use MySQL? Because, as it is known, MySQL is not very fast and stable with large amount of data. Also some useful things are not fully implemented or are implemented with "errors".

Why not to use Postgres (PgSQL)? PgSQL is more like Oracle db, it is faster, etc.

Also, as you were talking about problems with licences and other "legal" things, i think it would be good move to make this emulator for linux.

At all, for stable server you need stable and fast system. Also, running it at Windows platform would require money - at all, it can not run at normal workstation Windows system. And Server Editions are expensive...

Also, Windows-based erver would be more vulnerable to attacks and hacking attempts.
The SQL server used won't matter so much as it will only be used for as a transactional DB initially. MySQL is actually in most cases faster than Postgres and it's considerably simpler to develop for and maintain.

There are no legal issues with running the emulator on Windows. I plan to eventually make it run on linux but at the moment it's not a high priority. There is no real gain in performance to be had. When the server is large enough to require multiple servers in a cluster, cost of a windows server license is negligible.

Also, this software will run fine on a workstation running windows XP.

And further, if you really consider a windows server "less secure" than a linux system to external hacking attempts, you have very little experience in the area of security. It has nothing to do with the OS, and everything to do with the administrator and network. I can easily setup a linux system that is far more vulnerable than a windows 2003 system patched up out of the box.

Someone hacking into the primary servers should not be a concern as the chances of this happening with them properly configured is negligible. Rather, what's more important is making sure people with sensitive information and access to the servers keep their workstations secure, as these would be more numerous and more easily broken into than one of the servers, and it would directly provide access to the server and/or the source-code, both of which would be far more devastating.
Old 12/18/2008, 18:43   #442

I do know, that in some cases Postgres is slower than Mysql, however it has better "support", or, better to say better ability to keep data consistentence, also it is known to have those "good" things as Oracle does.
However, if you feel MySQL is better, I will just shut up. It is most probable that you are more exeprienced in this.

To Linux - I think well configured Linux server is going to be more secure than any windows server. However I think this is only point of view. Any system will be vulnerable if "accessors" are not careful enough. (As you said.)

However, I think using Linux will give you better chances to fully use proccessor cores, to run it in real threads.
Maybe it is also possible on windows, who knows.

Also I doubt that XP workstation will be sufficient, 32bXP can not use more than 3GB of memory, thus it will slower down the server - bigger cache = better cache. Maybe 3GB is going to be enough.

Maybe this is only my opinion, but if application is supposed to be optimized and to be well running, it should be running at System that will allow him to be optimized actually.
I can not say that WindowsXP and other Windowses can provide this on proper level.
Old 12/19/2008, 14:10   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracek View Post
I do know, that in some cases Postgres is slower than Mysql, however it has better "support", or, better to say better ability to keep data consistentence, also it is known to have those "good" things as Oracle does.
However, if you feel MySQL is better, I will just shut up. It is most probable that you are more exeprienced in this.

To Linux - I think well configured Linux server is going to be more secure than any windows server. However I think this is only point of view. Any system will be vulnerable if "accessors" are not careful enough. (As you said.)

However, I think using Linux will give you better chances to fully use proccessor cores, to run it in real threads.
Maybe it is also possible on windows, who knows.

Also I doubt that XP workstation will be sufficient, 32bXP can not use more than 3GB of memory, thus it will slower down the server - bigger cache = better cache. Maybe 3GB is going to be enough.

Maybe this is only my opinion, but if application is supposed to be optimized and to be well running, it should be running at System that will allow him to be optimized actually.
I can not say that WindowsXP and other Windowses can provide this on proper level.
I know nothing about the difference in speed/efficiency between postgresql and mysql, but what I do know is that mysql is fairly easy to work with. And I also know that other great emulator (e.g. Mangos,Antrix (wow emulators)) use mysql to store the data and that it works pretty good.

As for the security between linux <-> Windows, I can't really tell since I do not have enough experience. However, when we're talking about network,servers and stability, that linux is definetly the best choice.

Well this is my opinion, and you should know I'm not really experienced with this stuff, do with it what you want
Old 12/23/2008, 21:59   #444

btw heres a good idea about the new esro server you guys are making btw good luck on that i really am looking forword to playing ti but...JOB SYSTEM..first of all 1* traders are 100% safe no thiefs can attack them, and NO OUTSIDE BUFFERS!!! please include that.that is the one thing everyone hates...

Thank you hopefuly you guys will put the job system in there.
Old 12/24/2008, 20:47   #445

Received Thanks: 2,326
Guys I cant report anything so far. Cause you dont really wanna see coding do you now. In about 4+ days or something. We will probably start going in game. Say Merlin. When we do, I will send some screenshots or video footage.

Here is some avatars for this site and msn for now

HTML Code:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/774/esrosupporterus2.jpg

HTML Code:
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5039/esroavatarsupporteroc3.jpg

HTML Code:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6288/esroavatarcg7.jpg
Old 12/25/2008, 14:09   #446

i like the idea of private server i wish you good luck guys ... DO IT FAST XD
Old 12/25/2008, 20:26   #447

If anyone needs a custom made supporter pm me on and theres 2 choices to choose as your picture - Animated or Plain and after that it'll be done less then 10 mins
Old 12/29/2008, 12:44   #448

Received Thanks: 2,326
I would like to reveal our website now to you guys at Elitepvpers. This is temporary host so site may run slow. We will be buying a host closer to the time of beta.

As you can see we have got our christmas decorations up.

There is still a lot of forms that dont work on the site, item mall, register all that etc. The site is translated well for German thanks to John. We have a gallery up and everything. Feel free to test it out, but the images will get wiped as the beta has started.

I feel since its getting to closer of time in which we are about to start the real configuration of the server now christmas has ended. I have started promoting on other websites, so have other members of the team. But this is where the community here comes in because we are so large. Every contribution helps. So feel free to help us by posting on other forums about this.

For these sites below, all you have to do is make a few clicks. These sites are a good source. As when you type in "Silkroad Private Server" these are the top searchings.

The site is now complete and full prepared. So a lot of the team can now focus on the configuration and listening to the community. jMerliN is making swift progress on the coding. We are sorry we cant always report here on our progress cause there isnt really much to say, like we added some more coding. But what I can say is at latest today or tomorrow we will start going in game. I will release some screenshots and videos, maybe the rest of the team will to. But we will go to places like europe, rok mountain, bandit fortress. To proove what we have. Maybe other forums may start to believe in this project more.

So with that it may show a little more of our progress.

At our forum which now has 200 members, its only temporary. Intill we are implemented onto the Silkroad section.

but you can post your ideas there, disscuss about the server. We listen to every idea, if we like it, we may add it to the game later. Thats the thing about this server, in the future when it is fully opened, we will listen to ideas and may add them.
Old 12/29/2008, 12:55   #449

OMG. eckoro i thought you would be a bit more innovative, because this is almost entirely copied from here:
Old 12/29/2008, 17:42   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2007 View Post
OMG. eckoro i thought you would be a bit more innovative, because this is almost entirely copied from here:

ghehe true to that.

Eckoro got a question those screenshots are just form isro what have they got to do with ESRO?? Wouldn't it be more sensible to keep that site strictly ESRO and leave anything else out. You are now just confusing people thinking you have full Legend 3 Update.
Closed Thread