Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 09:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Beware]Fake Joymax Phishing E-mails

Discussion on [Beware]Fake Joymax Phishing E-mails within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Beware]Fake Joymax Phishing E-mails

Hello,
I stopped playing Silkroad Online since Lv110 update.However,I received this E-mail couple days ago on an email that I was using it only for my old Joymax account :

Image:

Quote:
Joymax.com Account Email Verification

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Greetings from Silkroad Online"

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Silkroad Online account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Joymax Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure button:

Click

Thank you for joining Joymax.com.
If you look at the link,it looks legit.But in fact it's a shortcut to a FAKE link.

Check the following picture:

The main domain is xomcom.com,which isn't affiliated with Joymax at any way.

*Some facts I've learned from this message:

1- These spammers aren't creative,they're copying Blizzard's E-mails pattern.
2-Joymax's emails database is INDEED hacked,hence they're sending emails in bulk.
3-They got some good forgery skills,I have to give them that.The website is almost the same as Joymax's.
4-They fail at some point
5-My account which is associated with this email has no characters created at all,which brings me to think about point #2.
6-Joymax doesn't even care about selling/buying accounts.

I just wanted to drop this warning to community,Have fun and stay safe.

Cheers
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2013, 16:52   #2
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
since the creation of SRO, this email has been spamming my Inbox
even if the mail is not linked to any SRO account