Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 04:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rumata loader commands not working

Discussion on Rumata loader commands not working within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rumata loader commands not working

Hi,

I have trouble with the Loader. The loader works fine on my laptop but not on my pc. On the laptop it works perfectly, but on my pc it doesn't. I can start it there, multiple times, but not 1 command works for me. It only does on the first time I use it, and when I start it now, not one /command works. (not even /help). Yet, when I am ingame and press Restart in the menu, and log back on, the commands do work.

I've got this for quite a long time, but thought it was something wrong with my pc, maybe my SRO messed up or something in my system. Oddly enough, after re-installing SRO,it made no change, and above that, after re-formatting my whole hard drive, it didn't either.

I'm out of things to try and do, and that's why I ended up making this forum post. I hope that someone can help me out, maybe some program blocks it from being used, or some language setting ? I have no active anti spyware program running, no firewall, and I use NOD32 business edition as my anti-virus program, but then, it does work when I log off and log back on to the game once connected.

I use windows xp, no bot, and my pc can deal with 2-3 clients easily.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01/07/2009, 13:59   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by afgra View Post
Hi,

I have trouble with the Loader. The loader works fine on my laptop but not on my pc. On the laptop it works perfectly, but on my pc it doesn't. I can start it there, multiple times, but not 1 command works for me. It only does on the first time I use it, and when I start it now, not one /command works. (not even /help). Yet, when I am ingame and press Restart in the menu, and log back on, the commands do work.

I've got this for quite a long time, but thought it was something wrong with my pc, maybe my SRO messed up or something in my system. Oddly enough, after re-installing SRO,it made no change, and above that, after re-formatting my whole hard drive, it didn't either.

I'm out of things to try and do, and that's why I ended up making this forum post. I hope that someone can help me out, maybe some program blocks it from being used, or some language setting ? I have no active anti spyware program running, no firewall, and I use NOD32 business edition as my anti-virus program, but then, it does work when I log off and log back on to the game once connected.

I use windows xp, no bot, and my pc can deal with 2-3 clients easily.

Any help is appreciated.
I had this issue a while back, not really sure how I fixed it.
It is nothing to do with your Anti-Virus or Firewall, Btw why don't you have a Firewall? That is a time bomb ready to explode (**** up your PC)

When you uninstalled , It will not delete the folder, because the files (like the Loader) aren't in the uninstaller, uninstall Silkroad again, reinstall, download the loader, try again.

Error.
Old 01/07/2009, 21:05   #3

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
if u can connect both pc's
copy the working folder (including loader)
to the other pc (not workin)
and tell me what happens ..
maybe the problem is with files not the pc set ..
Old 01/07/2009, 21:12   #4

Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolrko View Post
if u can connect both pc's
copy the working folder (including loader)
to the other pc (not workin)
and tell me what happens ..
maybe the problem is with files not the pc set ..
yeah that's what I thought..
Old 01/07/2009, 21:53   #5

Do you have seperated partitions?

I.E. windows on C and games on D? If that is the case, you couldn't have fixed anything with reformatting, because Rumata's Loader doesn't add nothing to registry and doesn't have nothing to do with System32 (which can in some cases make a program not work)

Either way, uninstall sro (not delete, UNINSTALL) and delete the folder SRO was in. Than use a registry cleaner.
Install SRO again and copy over rumata's loader. If there was any problem with the integration of Loader into sro, because of install and/or registry mess, this is now not possibile anymore...

On the other hand a hardware problem is really not likely, because Rumata's loader, as far as I know, is a cross chipset software. I could be wrong thoe.
Old 01/08/2009, 04:02   #6

I hope to be able to summarize a lot in this topic.

The formatted hard drive is on which SRO was installed, and is installed again (after Windows and all that stuff). So a total fresh install has been made.

The copying of files is what I thought would be a good thinking as well, but after the copying, the same process happens. The first time I use it, the loader commands work perfectly, but after I start it later again, it won't work until I press Restart on the game.

I used to have multiple partitions, but as I never used the other for SRO, I can't see it as any cause of malfunctioning.

A very long time ago, my loader seemed to work perfectly all the time. But how long that is ago, I can not recall, otherwise I might have recalled if it was just during usage of one, or right after an updated version. Second would make most sense though.

I will try again to copy the SRO of the working machine, maybe it has some impact as I formatted the whole thing.

As for not using a firewall, the router I use blocks all ports by default, except those I forward, and when a service is forwarded, my firewall would have to allow usage of that port, making it also vulnerable even though there's a firewall.

I hope anyone can offer advice or help, but I will try tomorrow morning to try the working SRO folder (again).
Old 01/08/2009, 11:47   #7

Quote:
The formatted hard drive is on which SRO was installed, and is installed again (after Windows and all that stuff). So a total fresh install has been made.
registry ? and setup temps @ windows partition .

Quote:
As for not using a firewall, the router I use blocks all ports by default, except those I forward, and when a service is forwarded, my firewall would have to allow usage of that port, making it also vulnerable even though there's a firewall.
and about the firwall thing , this have nothing to do with the loader commands

look try this solution , maybe it would help

adding

Added startup commands option in C19H28O2.ini:

Code:
[Hercules-Rumata]
Commands=/ap on;/arc onSection's name consist of "server name" and "-" and "character name".

Commands are separated with ";".

seperate commands by [;] without []

after adding ur char name - char server - commands u want to have
to the ur loader ..
open ur loader
try then tell me !!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2009, 14:12   #8

First I want to say that I value the advice and help given.

I cleaned the whole machine when it came to formatting the pc, so there can't be anything hidden anywhere I think that would possible disable the usage of the commands. Is the loader also making any adjustments to something when you use the commands, like some adjustments which could be possible blocked or so by any running program ?

As for the INI file,I also tried that, and also using this INI-config tool, and as usual, the ini-file and program work perfectly fine on the laptop, yet not on my own pc. As I'm at work currently, I haven't been able to try the copy-trick again, but I won't hold my breath for that.

I have been thinking it could be some language setting of my keyboard, but then, probably makes no sense either, as it is working sometimes. The loader works the 1st time I install the new one, or when I press Restart on the game.

I could try of course a little "work-around", in which I download the loader, and instead of starting the loader, I launch a batch-file, which copies+replaces the current loader filer, and makes them look like "fresh" all the time. Not the nicest solution I know, but it might work, and if it does, I would be happy with that. I'll try that later, but if there's any suggestion or things to try to get it to work without this work around , I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again in advance.
Old 01/09/2009, 00:34   #9

Quote:
I haven't been able to try the copy-trick again
pls try it , this trick made my life easier lots of cases before related with sro ..

Quote:
Thanks again in advance.
it's a pleasure to help someone , i'd really help u mate.
Old 01/09/2009, 14:35   #10

I've tried the "copy-trick" again, and what happened was that it at first worked. After a few restarts, it still did, and then, I put my screen resolution on 1680X1050 again, and after starting the game again, I'm back at square 1. Changing the resolution back didn't fix it.

I've tried several things without success, at first. One thing that does work, is when I start this LoaderConfig tool, and when I press Launch SRO on that screen, my commands are all working perfectly. It takes me one more click to get it to work, and I'm fine with that, but getting back to the root of the problem, why wouldn't I be able to do so by just starting the Loader ? It really is something weird. I might try to put the loader on again, and try different resolutions for testing purposes, but no way I"ll play with a lower resolution if that would fix the problem ;-).

It's just so weird that, when using the loader configuration tool, that it does work then. I don't do anything else in the loaderconfig tool but starting the game. Maybe that prog does some action like 'refreshing' the ini file before pressing Launch.

Any suggestions or ideas of what is causing this ?
Old 01/09/2009, 15:39   #11

well about resolutions always 1024x768 is perfect for me ..
try to keep on this resolution and try to make some restarts
and say what happens
Old 01/11/2009, 13:00   #12

Received Thanks: 2,615
I think some keyboard switch program (like Punto Switcher) interfere with loader.
Old 01/12/2009, 16:40   #13

Remove the loader
download it and extract to sro folder again
tell me the result
if doesn't work :
Do the same but re-Install sro
Old 01/13/2009, 11:53   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_king_x View Post
Remove the loader
download it and extract to sro folder again
tell me the result
if doesn't work :
Do the same but re-Install sro
Next time please try to read and then answer.
Quote:

Guy already told us that he reinstalled sro and then formatted whole drive and you are telling him to extract loader again and to reinstall sro ^^.

As I can see you are just trying to make your post number high.From yesterday you had like 50 post 90% of them were spamming with useless comments and repeating the things other said before.

Sorry for O.T on this thread.
Old 01/13/2009, 13:54   #15

[QUOTE=ogysss;1773924]Next time please try to read and then answer.

oops sry i tried to help **** i didn't read all the replies