Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

State of SRO

Discussion on State of SRO within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
State of SRO

Hello everyone!

Im wondring what the state of the sro is, As far as i know the iSRO is gone and there is no point in invasting time in to it and the psro scene is hard garbage cuz i dont see a 10th server opening like something that is stable. Does any one know how the other sros are doing , like csro , ksro the rsro that just opened i have seen some youtube clips on like the tsro and it seems good , worth playing or is it just like isro ?

Also is there any hope/news of a revival of silkroad from the isro or the ksro side? I saw that there is a new patch comming with higer tier of items so it got me thing mabye someone know if there is something about a remake or similar comming
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2023, 21:01   #2

elite*gold: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPainNoFun View Post
Hello everyone!

Im wondring what the state of the sro is, As far as i know the iSRO is gone and there is no point in invasting time in to it and the psro scene is hard garbage cuz i dont see a 10th server opening like something that is stable. Does any one know how the other sros are doing , like csro , ksro the rsro that just opened i have seen some youtube clips on like the tsro and it seems good , worth playing or is it just like isro ?

Also is there any hope/news of a revival of silkroad from the isro or the ksro side? I saw that there is a new patch comming with higer tier of items so it got me thing mabye someone know if there is something about a remake or similar comming
You can't play CSRO-R. The lag is insane. You can't play JSRO-R because of the lag also. You can't play KSRO-R because you need Korean SSN to register. You can't play TSRO because you will have lag. You can only play VSRO & RUSRO and TRSRO. On VSRO you have green book and you can play only like 8 hours everyday. On TRSRO you need premium to login and RUSRO is the most playable without any lag but unfortunately you can only play with 2 characters and they give random bans for using english media pk2 or bot.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2023, 22:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSTEXXL View Post
You can't play CSRO-R. The lag is insane. You can't play JSRO-R because of the lag also. You can't play KSRO-R because you need Korean SSN to register. You can't play TSRO because you will have lag. You can only play VSRO & RUSRO and TRSRO. On VSRO you have green book and you can play only like 8 hours everyday. On TRSRO you need premium to login and RUSRO is the most playable without any lag but unfortunately you can only play with 2 characters and they give random bans for using english media pk2 or bot.
VSRO is closed sience 2019.
Old 06/07/2023, 04:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicka View Post
VSRO is closed sience 2019.
theo bác thì bản silkroad do vtc phát hành mới đây sẽ là bản nào ?
Old 06/07/2023, 15:46   #5

Quote:
Is there no work arround to the SSN? Sad that all the options are gone
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2023, 16:47   #6

Quote:
Its rly hard to enjoy silkroad today , specialy if youre looking for long term play and looking for official silkroad.

Community is so toxic , everyone just thinking how open more bots , so they can earn rare items , farm gold , and earn real money than , everybody whos playing silkroad just saying that hes will start a bot and all hes bussines will be coming to fortess war because its only serious activity which you can enjoy... all other things you can configure for bot... which is rly sad.

For example even rusro official silkroad , was looks like they going to do legit silkroad so players can more enjoy playing, they was did only 2accounts available , so its more difficult to put the army of bots for 1players , was started a ban the bots.

But then all the players was just stopped to play , they started to cry and say how you dear to ban me ? im not gonna play there agian , and rusro was almost ghost silkroad with few russian players around.

For me silkroad is dead because even if somebody would try in future open legit , official silkroad , where you cant do bad things , the players just dont play there , and its will be just ghost silkroad with few players around , thats how silkroad community/players looks like sadly , if joymax was started killing silkroad before much years with bad work than sro community is end up of killing it so you cant even revive the silkroad lol.

Im feeling yours hype to comeback and enjoy silkroad agian after checking few fun silkroad videos , but damn god its different things when you try to play on , its just a big pain to play even if youre trying to ignore all bad things. Was trying to comeback to silkroad and was switching the best ones where you can play like youre looking up , everytime its was like 2weeks-1month periods till ill give up and leaving agian , because youre just starting to feel pain even when playing when youre should enjoy to its how gaming should looks like
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2023, 17:35   #7

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
You need both a Korean IPIN & a Korean phone number to register an account & download the client.

I have the download links and installer applications for the official KSRO client (latest edition), so that's not an issue.

For the characters - An easy workaround is to purchase an account; however, beware. I heard like JSRO they report you if you don't speak Korean and you can get banned.

Quote:
I think you have network issues I am located in the USA & have no lag issues on both KSRO or TRSRO. Be sure to not mistake "lag" for game mechanics. Newer official SRO variants have hardcoded internal components which intentionally delays game actions, such as the 300 ms skill/switch delay, which allows the server and client to sync animations.

Quote:
Hello everyone!

It was me who published the KSRO update details.

Regardless of that half-assed attempt at new content, the fact of the matter is that official SRO is dead/finished.

All regional locales, including ISROR, are dead (besides TRSRO & RUSRO).
ISROR even stopped opening new servers every 6 months - clear they gave up.

So, what is the issue with RUSRO and TRSRO?

RUSRO:

RuSRO is relatively new and the latest "hyped official locale." Most of the official players tried to migrate to there, but later quit. Why?

- Incredibly strict regional restrictions. Talking in any language besides Russian will get you banned. 4Game's anticheat is checking the hash of the client/launcher, etc., making any client modifications such as importing DLLs or changing language flags impossible. You can't even change your language to English manually. You'll be banned soon after you do.

- Intrusive anticheat. 4Game is using Frost Anticheat for RUSRO, which totally changes the way the game opens/is used. You are forced to install their software, which scans ALL of your open/running processes & services, and even other software on your PC.

- No bots. 4Game has an insanely powerful no-bot policy. Even third-party tools such as AlchemyTool will get you banned permanently.

- Russian donation portals only. You can't charge silk through any non-Russian platform.

TRSRO:

GameGami's TRSRO launch was insanely hyped and was truly a great alternative to ISROR/PSRO for a year or so. It was great, very fun.

However, TRSRO is turning into ISRO and going downhill.

- Bot takeover. Most of the servers are becoming dominated by bots. Even main players are running activities such as Job Temple uniques with bots only. The only time you'll find a lot of real players is during Fortress War, similar to ISROR.

- Turkish Community. The number of English speakers in TRSRO is very little (~3%). In most servers, there isn't even one major English guild/union, as compared to before in the beginning when it was like 70/30 split.

- Corrupted. TRSRO admins are always playing favorites and even helping certain players. There was a big story about GameGami restoring GcbCrew's items in TRSRO after he failed them a while back.

****** So, what choice is there? ******

Your best choice is private servers. PSRO was in a dark era for a few years where it was dominated by corruption and bullshit all led by the same few Arab/Turk admins; however, in the past few months, it's turned a corner. There has been less and less corruption while there are more and more innovative and fair servers popping up. Corrupted guilds like Futuristic disbanding and their members have been splitting into solo-based servers.

I personally recommend either Sailor or Electus. Both servers have a long history of being consistently populated and stable, with great innovation and game-changing additions. Sailor is closer to the modern official ISRO feel that you are looking for, so I really advise you to check it out. Genuinely one of the most long-term and professional servers that has been around in the past decade.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. SRO in general is in bad shape - both private and official. Due to the game's age, lack of adaptability and change, etc., it was doomed from long ago. The community is slowly dying out with no new players entering it. It's just a matter of years now until SRO is completely done for good. But, if you want to play anywhere, I suggest private servers.

Good luck on your venture!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/07/2023, 18:45   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
You need both a Korean IPIN & a Korean phone number to register an account & download the client.

I have the download links and installer applications for the official KSRO client (latest edition), so that's not an issue.

For the characters - An easy workaround is to purchase an account; however, beware. I heard like JSRO they report you if you don't speak Korean and you can get banned.

I think you have network issues I am located in the USA & have no lag issues on both KSRO or TRSRO. Be sure to not mistake "lag" for game mechanics. Newer official SRO variants have hardcoded internal components which intentionally delays game actions, such as the 300 ms skill/switch delay, which allows the server and client to sync animations.

Regardless of that half-assed attempt at new content, the fact of the matter is that official SRO is dead/finished.

RUSRO:

RuSRO is relatively new and the latest "hyped official locale." Most of the official players tried to migrate to there, but later quit. Why?

- Incredibly strict regional restrictions. Talking in any language besides Russian will get you banned. 4Game's anticheat is checking the hash of the client/launcher, etc., making any client modifications such as importing DLLs or changing language flags impossible. You can't even change your language to English manually. You'll be banned soon after you do.

- Intrusive anticheat. 4Game is using Frost Anticheat for RUSRO, which totally changes the way the game opens/is used. You are forced to install their software, which scans ALL of your open/running processes & services, and even other software on your PC.

- No bots. 4Game has an insanely powerful no-bot policy. Even third-party tools such as AlchemyTool will get you banned permanently.

- Russian donation portals only. You can't charge silk through any non-Russian platform.

TRSRO:

GameGami's TRSRO launch was insanely hyped and was truly a great alternative to ISROR/PSRO for a year or so. It was great, very fun.

- Bot takeover. Most of the servers are becoming dominated by bots. Even main players are running activities such as Job Temple uniques with bots only. The only time you'll find a lot of real players is during Fortress War, similar to ISROR.

- Turkish Community. The number of English speakers in TRSRO is very little (~3%). In most servers, there isn't even one major English guild/union, as compared to before in the beginning when it was like 70/30 split.

- Corrupted. TRSRO admins are always playing favorites and even helping certain players. There was a big story about GameGami restoring GcbCrew's items in TRSRO after he failed them a while back.

Your best choice is private servers. PSRO was in a dark era for a few years where it was dominated by corruption and bullshit all led by the same few Arab/Turk admins; however, in the past few months, it's turned a corner. There has been less and less corruption while there are more and more innovative and fair servers popping up. Corrupted guilds like Futuristic disbanding and their members have been splitting into solo-based servers.

I personally recommend either Sailor or Electus. Both servers have a long history of being consistently populated and stable, with great innovation and game-changing additions. Sailor is closer to the modern official ISRO feel that you are looking for, so I really advise you to check it out. Genuinely one of the most long-term and professional servers that has been around in the past decade.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. SRO in general is in bad shape - both private and official. Due to the game's age, lack of adaptability and change, etc., it was doomed from long ago. The community is slowly dying out with no new players entering it. It's just a matter of years now until SRO is completely done for good. But, if you want to play anywhere, I suggest private servers.

how did private servers "turn a corner" and "less corruption" when you, yourself managed Eternity Online using an alt discord account to hide your identity and made deals with some big guilds XD? I wonder what else you did. Maybe you gave some sort of hidden buffs to certain players and guilds as well?

Anyways this scene will always be filthy and corrupted, and that will never change. Actually that will change until the scene is completely dead, which I hope will happen soon
Old 06/07/2023, 23:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viren Blu View Post
how did private servers "turn a corner" and "less corruption" when you, yourself managed Eternity Online using an alt discord account to hide your identity and made deals with some big guilds XD? I wonder what else you did. Maybe you gave some sort of hidden buffs to certain players and guilds as well?

Anyways this scene will always be filthy and corrupted, and that will never change. Actually that will change until the scene is completely dead, which I hope will happen soon
Seems you are just desperate for some attention, so I won't bother justifying anything you said. All I'll say is that it's ironic that you have *absolutely no proof* & commenting from a fake account. No comment.

How do I know the scene has changed?
It's simple actually. The number of fair, non-corrupt servers that have been opening is more and more compared to the past months/years. Non-corrupt servers have also been gaining massive amounts of attention, getting more players than most corrupted ones. Even "stable corrupted servers" like Cronos have failed miserably. It's all coming together.

You are right though - SRO will ALWAYS be filthy and corrupted. It has been from the start and will be until the end. But, only from 2020-2023 was it so obvious and so widespread. However; as long as progress is being made towards reducing the corruption, I view that as a positive
Old 06/08/2023, 07:32   #10

elite*gold: 6
Quote:

RUSRO:

TRSRO:

Is not about network issues. My ISP provide me 1GB Bandwidth!
I never stated there is lag on TRSRO and KSRO. I said TSRO = TAIWAN SRO!
Old 06/08/2023, 17:45   #11

elite*gold: 50
Quote:

Most of these points are incorrect, I'm pretty sure you have not played ruSRO besides the first week.

- "Incredibly strict regional restrictions." False. You can freely talk in english, in fact most globals in the server are in english and there's an active english channel on the discord server. You can easily modify the media pk to set the game in english and you will not be banned, they confirmed it through multiple support tickets. They even hired an english speaking game assistant.

- "No bots." False. They did ban for botting on the first month, until they did a big ban wave and realised 90% of the community was playing with bots and unbanned everyone a week later. No one has been banned since then. They will not openly say "botting is allowed" but it's not a ban offense anymore. They did implement a port blocking which makes it hard to login with bot but everyone got used to it, the community is hoping for a removal of this soon since they started embraced botting.

- "Russian donation portals only" False. You can buy certificates codes in the eu version via international payment methods which you then redeem on the russian client, they even went ahead and created a tutorial for this.

The biggest problem with ruSRO was the management having very little knowledge of the SRO game and community. They recently hired people from the community and are actively talking with them regarding gameplay and updates. They also recently announced cap 100 update for this month. Management was terrible, but now it's better than a month ago and we are expecting more positive changes.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/08/2023, 20:59   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanillous View Post
Most of these points are incorrect, I'm pretty sure you have not played ruSRO besides the first week.

- "Incredibly strict regional restrictions." False. You can freely talk in english, in fact most globals in the server are in english and there's an active english channel on the discord server. You can easily modify the media pk to set the game in english and you will not be banned, they confirmed it through multiple support tickets. They even hired an english speaking game assistant.

- "No bots." False. They did ban for botting on the first month, until they did a big ban wave and realised 90% of the community was playing with bots and unbanned everyone a week later. No one has been banned since then. They will not openly say "botting is allowed" but it's not a ban offense anymore. They did implement a port blocking which makes it hard to login with bot but everyone got used to it, the community is hoping for a removal of this soon since they started embraced botting.

- "Russian donation portals only" False. You can buy certificates codes in the eu version via international payment methods which you then redeem on the russian client, they even went ahead and created a tutorial for this.

The biggest problem with ruSRO was the management having very little knowledge of the SRO game and community. They recently hired people from the community and are actively talking with them regarding gameplay and updates. They also recently announced cap 100 update for this month. Management was terrible, but now it's better than a month ago and we are expecting more positive changes.
You're right - I didn't play past the first week. International players couldn't

I'm glad to hear about the changes in bot policy, that's certainly a step forward for them.

However, the first point is still valid and true. Up until 2 days ago even. The support is bsing/lying, or you are. Not sure which one.
I've been trying to release a "permanent language patch" which involves changing the client's language flag using ASM patches rather than having to edit the PK2 every single update (annoying and wastes time).

I get banned almost instantly after doing this. I thought it was just a false ban based off of the changed client hash, but I contacted support with evidence of what I was doing and they told me English speakers are not permitted in the server and what I was doing was illegal.

I also got banned recently on a level 1 char testing that theory out - unmodified client and pk2, just chatting English inside of the towns. I was banned the next day. Didn't violate any other rule or anything like that. The only possible reason for a ban would've been for speaking English.

So yeah, English speakers are not allowed. I wonder what kind of support you were talking to, or maybe they just hate me?

Quote:
Is not about network issues. My ISP provide me 1GB Bandwidth!
I never stated there is lag on TRSRO and KSRO. I said TSRO = TAIWAN SRO!
I meant CSRO* not KSRO - and sorry, yes, I misread TSRO as TRSRO. I will test in TaiwanSRO as well and see if I have any lag there.

Btw, a low bandwidth wouldn't be the reason for lag.
Old 06/09/2023, 06:29   #13

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
However, the first point is still valid and true. Up until 2 days ago even. The support is bsing/lying, or you are. Not sure which one.
I've been trying to release a "permanent language patch" which involves changing the client's language flag using ASM patches rather than having to edit the PK2 every single update (annoying and wastes time).

I get banned almost instantly after doing this. I thought it was just a false ban based off of the changed client hash, but I contacted support with evidence of what I was doing and they told me English speakers are not permitted in the server and what I was doing was illegal.

I also got banned recently on a level 1 char testing that theory out - unmodified client and pk2, just chatting English inside of the towns. I was banned the next day. Didn't violate any other rule or anything like that. The only possible reason for a ban would've been for speaking English.

So yeah, English speakers are not allowed. I wonder what kind of support you were talking to, or maybe they just hate me?
The support must say that you are not allowed to play in english probably due to some agreement with wemademax so they are not technically "stealing" international players, but no one got banned for talking in english, you might have gotten banned for modifying the game. You would also get banned in the past if you logged in first with bot and then without on the same char, that'd trigger the cheat detection and would be instant ban.
"Annoying and wastes time" setting english media takes literally 10 seconds and you only do it after updates which are once a month on ruSRO (another reason to think you have not played this server at all).
And no, you were not banned due to "chatting in english in towns, literally 80% of globals and chat interactions are in english.

Are you saying all these players are going to be banned? Stop making shit up please.
Old 06/09/2023, 14:52   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanillous View Post
The support must say that you are not allowed to play in english probably due to some agreement with wemademax so they are not technically "stealing" international players, but no one got banned for talking in english, you might have gotten banned for modifying the game. You would also get banned in the past if you logged in first with bot and then without on the same char, that'd trigger the cheat detection and would be instant ban.
"Annoying and wastes time" setting english media takes literally 10 seconds and you only do it after updates which are once a month on ruSRO (another reason to think you have not played this server at all).
And no, you were not banned due to "chatting in english in towns, literally 80% of globals and chat interactions are in english.

Are you saying all these players are going to be banned? Stop making shit up please.
For sure hes not playing rusro , look what hes working to do at elitepvpers , hes just trying to public the news,releases of silkroad thats it , so yes hes probably just know the old news and talking little bit shitty things.

If we talk simple , you can use english mediapk2 on rusro now , and use the bot and youre wont get banned 100%.

After the last ban wave and unbaning everyone , theres absolutely free to use bot and english mediapk2, and for sure you can speak english ign lol , there no more stupid bans. They just understand that silkroad is bot game , also youre have allow to play international players to get alive silkroad , and dont ban players for stupid things like adding english mediapk2 or speaking not russian ign.

So thats it , start was different , but if we talking how its working now , its no restricions. Just harder to open much bots , but youre still fine to do it.
Old 06/09/2023, 17:12   #15

Got to say love that i manage to spark a debate
@pe Thanks for your suggestion but as i said i dont feel up to the private server they are the main reason i have more or less left the sro scene.
@est: You seem to disagree with NotHype, I might be wrong but you seem to think the best server is RuSRO?

Noteable is that if the server is going to be dead in 5 months like all the other new offical server then i cant really call it good cuz that is like start playing on one of joymax servers.