Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

.wld editor.

Discussion on .wld editor. within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 06/09/2016, 16:08   #16

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Minxii View Post
Thank you wallrus and the rudeness was not necessary agony the issue was not the actual physically opening it it was the settings when importing. The .Raw when saved from Hxd os 0x0 pixels i had to open it in photoshop to get correct settings for import. And since "google" does not have settings for opening Shaiya maps in unity I was a little lost.
Rudeness ? Are you ******* kidding me ? You made it clear that you can't get it to work for whatever reason, so Agony stepped in and linked a video explaining one of the things you have to do. I've read a lot of forums throughout the years, and a typical reply would be "Thank you, but I was doing that part correctly, my issue is somewhere else.".

My anger for beggars started with you, now I feel bad for taking it all out on one person only (who by the way is doing much better), and not sharing with you as well.

There are plenty of posts by castor and sominus (I apologize if I'm forgetting anyone else) describing the WLD file format, all you had to do was find them.

P.S. It's wallerus, not wallrus.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/09/2016, 18:10   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Minxii View Post
And since "google" does not have settings for opening Shaiya maps in unity I was a little lost.
LOL, i can tell you, it had for me and not just that
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/09/2016, 21:52   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony69 View Post
All I had to do was google it. One click. I'm sure it's a lot easier to do that than post a reply asking how to do it.
Im not sure what your issue is nubness but i considered this rude. I wasnt Asking HOW to do it i asked if there was something maybe i was getting wrong. I have never begged for anything here and never will. I try my best mostly to do things myself only when i am really stuck do i ask for help. I do not know you and i am sure you do not know me so please refrain from being so abrupt with me. Secondly I am terribly sorry Wallerus for getting your name wrong. Thirdly things here can sometime be named oddly or have info in threads not necessarily originally about the info given I am sure you can see that sometimes finding the required info is a little difficult.

I am sorry if i caused some people some offence i didnt think my wanting to learn was such an issue
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/09/2016, 22:32   #19

Received Thanks: 1,399
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/07/2018, 02:57   #20

works cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
Please take note that Unity will not open a .wld file, you will have to extract the 'terrain' (RAW) part of the file first and here is a short guide on how to do that if you or anyone else reading doesn't know how.
  1. Download
  2. Download
  3. Open up your .wld file in HxD

The image below shows the start of our .wld file, and the end of the terrain section (step 4 shows how we'll get there).

Field/Dungeon Identifier: First 3 bytes. Self explanatory, but we're looking for 464C44 (FLD).
    Mapsize: Always the 6th Byte.
    04 = 80802 Bytes (1024 mapsize)
    08 = 201002 Bytes (2048 mapsize)
    Terrain Start: Always the 9th Byte.
    -
  4. Search > Goto (Ctrl + G)

Making sure 'Offset relative to Begin' is selected, depending on our Mapsize we will want to enter a different value.
    04 = 8080A
    08 = 20100A
    This will take us to the end of our terrain (as seen in the second half of the image above.
    Note ~ you can see when Terrain ends and Texture starts simply by noticing Texture will only use values like 00, 01, 02 etc. There is also no byte header or separator between them.
  5. Now we know where the Start and End of our Terrain is, we want to Highlight that and Copy.
  6. File > New
  7. Paste (Write or Insert are both fine)
  8. File > Save As > filename.RAW
  9. Open your new .RAW file in Unity and enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ??????.jpg (14.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 01/13/2018, 15:37   #21

Received Thanks: 1,399
You're posting on a thread that died two years ago.
Old 01/13/2018, 15:54   #22

I think it does not matter how long there have been messages in this thread.
So far, the problem is the place to be.
The existing program (ShStudio) works, but it is far from perfect.
And, I think, people should be able to write in the old topics, and not create a whole bunch of new ones.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/19/2018, 04:38   #23

I did everything but I could not open it with a program
Old 01/22/2018, 01:21   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1alpaslanbey View Post
I did everything but I could not open it with a program

Thanks
1 User