Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Dream EP3

Discussion on Shaiya Dream EP3 within the Shaiya PServer Advertising forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/16/2019, 21:30   #16

elite*gold: 0
is this down? cant seem to reach the website
Old 06/16/2019, 22:31   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedzel View Post
is this down? cant seem to reach the website
no, it's up. just a host reboot.
Old 06/17/2019, 11:42   #18

Been on server 3-4 days now and these are my thoughts.

Game
---
The server offers experience of playing Shaiya again as it used to be. You have to level a HM up to unluck UM. You have to use ress runes, pid, ped etc. It's quite fun to experience all these things again, though it took me a while to get used to not having the "R" bar, raids and X/Z pots.

The PvE experience is amazing and some of the best I have experienced in a while. You don't have amazing gears and it allows you to actually meet up with other people which is the way Shaiya is meant to be played.

It's fairly easy to gain XP and you get SP added to your account as you play so you are able to buy all the things you need as you go. By the time you unluck UM you are able to run a UM with all it takes so no worries there.

Staff
---
The Staffs are mostly in the background but they are always friendly and responsive when you call upon them. The admin has some good ideas and he genuinely seem to care about the server and it's players. This is by no means a money grab server but done by someone who actually seem to enjoy this game, this community.

Discord
---
The server has it's own Discord channel and from what I have seen there is a good tone and respectful communication between the staff and it's players.

Cons/things that may prevent server from reaching it's full potential
---
The server doesn't have many cons as I see it but a big part of the shaiya playerbase are used to older episodes and take things as raid, x/z bar, "R" bar and enchant/oj, plvl for granted. It may prevent server from growing as much as it deserves.

Potentially in PvP situations the parties could be linked so people are able to PvP and gain kills from each other.

Level cap probably means that people who would usually log in and ask for plvl will leave again and not call their friends

Playerbase is fairly low right now and it needs to grow a bit or this server may not make the cut in the long run

Sorry for the long post I never meant to make it that long
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/24/2019, 11:47   #19

Have fun !!! xD

Old 06/27/2019, 08:42   #20

Started playing yesterday and I love it. Bought back the memories >.< However, I like the fact that the grind is do-able and you are rewarded as you level. UM today and at lvl 50+, definitely worth playing. Don't let others put you off, try it for yourself and make up your own mind.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/27/2019, 21:13   #21

Unfortunately this server is like all other servers. Everything is changing (almost daily) because new players (or I don't know and don't care who wants to change it). And of course f*ck the old players who lvled on low exp, with no bdc and so on. But this is not the worst thing. There's not a chance to kill even a single boss if you're not a friend with someone from a guild but they're already stacked lol. So you're f*cked again. I wasteed my time to hit 60.
Old 06/28/2019, 19:07   #22

There's not a chance to kill even a single boss if you're not a friend with someone from a guild but they're already stacked lol. So you're f*cked again. I wasted my time to hit 60.

Oh yes i know that feeling i agree with you on that , also when your looking for a party to have fun with and gain some lvls good luck and all are 60 or near and next to no one to lvl up with.
Old 06/29/2019, 01:23   #23

Yeah, oldschool shaiya isn't for everyone.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/14/2019, 13:43   #24

BUMP
Old 07/19/2019, 21:45   #25

Dupe is working there, ppl alredy have 5-10k sp pts and sending gifts to every1...
Old 07/27/2019, 05:44   #26

I think it's better if you guys remove continuous resurrection rune .

Also since you guys don't intent to open donation , then wasn't it's better to use gold as currency instead of AP + gold .
Just raise the gold drop rate instead of using coins , the coins are easy to miss use .
Old 08/25/2019, 16:49   #27

other than raid system need uof for balanced pvp c(=

p.s. make bootleg same as guild house for everyone.
Old 08/29/2019, 09:06   #28

responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00biest View Post
other than raid system need uof for balanced pvp c(= p.s. make bootleg same as guild house for everyone.
easier said than done. if i'm gonna use ep4 files so that y'all can have raids, i may as well make an ep4 server, which is never gonna happen.

that would defeat the purpose of a guild house, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoklyps View Post
Have fun !!! xD

that won't work anymore. after finally having time to try it out myself on my test server, figuring out a fix was actually pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konarjg View Post
Dupe is working there, ppl alredy have 5-10k sp pts and sending gifts to every1...
that's not a problem anymore as of late, and even if duping is still possible, it's fairly easy to detect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixviiiix View Post
I think it's better if you guys remove continuous resurrection rune . Also since you guys don't intent to open donation , then wasn't it's better to use gold as currency instead of AP + gold .
Just raise the gold drop rate instead of using coins , the coins are easy to miss use .
we removed SP, and are on a gold system now. they can buy almost all the former IM stuff in boot from the merchants. i'm not sure why those would need to be removed, but if you're referring to the noss thing, that's no longer an issue.
Old 08/30/2019, 07:46   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by failpvper View Post
that would defeat the purpose of a guild house, right?
yes my point exactly, the reason pservers took off was fair to all. as for the db wouldn't be the first time a dev did that. don't expect any suggestions to be considered. just calling for more uof c(=
Old 09/11/2019, 14:17   #30

605 accounts have been made, and we're averaging about 5 people online at any given time. i'm gonna close it soon if the online count doesn't grow to 20-30 people most of the day. it's not free to host, and there's not much point in it being open if it's not gonna have at least a small, and steady player base.

i'm not gonna bump this again. i'll be at the discord server from here on out. thanks for stopping in and playing, even if it was for a short time. i apologize to anyone that had a bad experience in some way or another. i'm a nub admin, and this is my first server. cut me a little slack, please. it'll likely be my last too.

i hope you're all having fun, no matter where you choose to play Shaiya. take care ^^

update: the site is down as of 9/18/2019 and i'll be deleting the vps later today.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread