Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Runescape > Runescape Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to run a Rs private server

Discussion on How to run a Rs private server within the Runescape Private Server forum part of the Runescape category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to run a Rs private server

Hope you like +1 karma please

For this tutorial to work you must do it step-by-step
You should also have the latest moparscape client
Note: This tutorial is based on Windows XP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose: To successfully start a private server
Difficulty: 1
Assumed Knowledge: Being able to follow instructions and search websites
Server Base: All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1
Before you do anything you will need the latest edition of Java JDK.
Note: You should now have Java JDK Update 9 installed and ready to use. If not please go back to the beginning of step 1

Step 2
Now before we download a server, first we need a suitable program to modify the server.
Here are my recommendations (FREE)

Notepad - This if the default program that most will have. Rating: 1/10
TextPad - TextPadŽ 4.7.3 is a powerful, general purpose editor for plain text files. Easy to use, with all the features a power user requires. Rating: 8/10

Note: You should now have Java JDK Update 9 installed and ready to use. If not please go back to the beginning of step 1
Note: You should now have a suitable program for editing .java files. If not please go back to the beginning of step 2

Step 3
Now we have all the things we need to run a simple server, So let's download one!

TestScape - A simple source. Great for beginners
CheezScape 80 - The latest cheezscape source. Great for intermediate coders
Project 16 Version 6 Edit 7 - An updated Project 16. Great for advanced coders

Note: You should now have a suitable program for editing .java files. If not please go back to the beginning of step 2
Note: You should now have a suitable server downloaded. If not please go back to the beginning of step 3

Step 4
So now we have a server and all the things we need to modify it. But before that, we need a program to open the file because most
servers will be zipped into a .rar archive

WinRAR archiver - a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Note: You should now have a suitable server downloaded. If not please go back to the beginning of step 3
Note: You should now have a suitable program to extract .zip and .rar files. If not please go back to the beginning of step 4

Step 5
So now you have a server extracted and ready to use. But when you start it you get a weird error.

Can Not Find Specified Location
Device is not ready
javac is not reconized
To fix this we need to edit two files.

Edit Compile.bat and replace the text inside it with:
@echo off
title yourservernamehere
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin\javac.exe" -cp . *.java
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin\java.exe" server
pause

Edit Runserver.bat and replace the text inside it with:
@echo off
title yourservernamehere
java -Xmx1024m -cp .;./jython.jar;./MySql/mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga-bin.jar server

Note: You should now have a suitable program to extract .zip and .rar files. If not please go back to the beginning of step 4
Note: You should now have a server that compiles correctly. If not please go back to the beginning of step 5

Step 6
So your server should be up and running. Want to test it?
Well open up MoparScape and log-in to your internal IP.
Note: This is either localhost or 127.0.0.1
Note: Username and password can be anything you want.

Note: You should now have a server that compiles correctly. If not please go back to the beginning of step 5
Note: You should now be able to login to your own server and play it. If not please go back to the beginning of step 6

Step 7
Step 7 is split into two parts.

A - Setting up No-Ip
B - Setting up Hamachi

Step 7 - A
First go to the No-Ip site and click Sign Up then register an account.
Note: While registering for an account they send you a confirmation email
Now once you have registered download the NO-IP DUC and install it.
Now open the program and enter the e-mail address and password you used when you signed up.
Now go back to the No-Ip website and login.
Once logged in click Hosts / Redirects then Add
For the hostname type your servers name. For example MyFirstServerScape and then choose an ending of your choice. For example
no-ip.info anc click the create host button.
Now all you need to do is open up the NO-IP DUC and right click then click Refresh Host List

Step 7 - B
First download Hamachi and then run the program and it should provide a small tutorial on how to use the program.

Note: You should now be able to login to your own server and play it. If not please go back to the beginning of step 6
Note: You should have either no-ip or hamachi set up on your computer. If not please go back to the beginning of step 7

Step 8
Note: This step is only for users with Windows Xp Service Pack 2
Now we need to set windows firewall exceptions for the port that most people use to access private servers.
Go to Start -> Control Panel and then click Open Security Center then click Windows Firewall Which is at the bottom of the Security
Center. Once the windows firewall page has come up click on the exceptions tab. Then lcick "Add Port" and Name the Port as your server
and put the port # as 43594. Then click Ok.

Note: You should have either no-ip or hamachi set up on your computer. If not please go back to the beginning of step 7
Note: You should now have set windows firewall exceptions for port 43594. If not please go back to the beginning of step 8

Step 9
Now all we need to do now is set port forwarding. As every router is different i cannot give you direct instructions. The best
i can do is give you a site dedicated to helping you port forward.
The site is: Port Forward
Additional: Port Forward Tutorial - Lothy

Note: You should now have set windows firewall exceptions for port 43594. If not please go back to the beginning of step 8
Note: You should now have set port forwarding to port 43594. If not please go back to the beginning of step 9

Step 10
HAVE FUN

Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/27/2007, 17:42   #2

hey im stuck on step 6 how do i open moparscape?
Old 08/27/2007, 22:10   #3

to open moparscape go to this link

Hope that will help you, enjoy
Old 08/28/2007, 01:06   #4

Hey i was wondering i know how to make a server but is mopasrcape like infected and how do you make a admin account.
Old 08/28/2007, 03:24   #5

no mopar is not infected it just a regular server but more known so alot of people play it
Old 09/01/2007, 19:06   #6

hey how u do the 9th step i kno all routers different but give an example of how to do it
Old 09/06/2007, 22:32   #7

Okay this is my way:
i open the webinterface (192.168.0.1) and type in name and password(admin, admin) then i click advanced and virtual server.
i click active, type a name, my intranet ip address, tcp and udp, private port is the port and public port, too. Then i click always and i submit this. then my router restarts and its done^^ hope this will help...

I have a question, too: how to insert into website? thx^^
Old 09/07/2007, 18:32   #8

can u add the downloads links?
Old 03/01/2008, 14:44   #9

the only one of these steps i wanna do is #10 lol but ty
Old 03/18/2008, 20:32   #10

how i know my port adress? with no-ip
Old 04/06/2008, 11:34   #11

would be easier tut if u put the download links for us
Old 10/21/2008, 15:51   #12

nice guide dude
Old 10/22/2008, 01:20   #13

lol copy and paste lol wow your sad copy other peoples work, call it your own and dont even do a good job at taking it

here let me show you what im saying

Quote:
Step 1
Before you do anything you will need the latest edition of Java JDK.
i tought we were on step 1 go back why theres nothing there no download link nothing

Your a noob
Old 10/22/2008, 18:09   #14

ok, ?? can you translet this to german, plz =)
Old 10/27/2008, 02:05   #15

elite*gold: 40
Come to my guide =D