Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 15:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DGz Rohan - Update 1

Discussion on DGz Rohan - Update 1 within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DGz Rohan - Update 1

This Monday (14-Oct-2013) DarkGamerz will be applying the first major patch to its server, one of many to come. This first update contains mainly arbitrary changes and some changes to skills, some nerfs, some buffs. The main focus of the first patch is to start shifting the server towards our vision of a Rohan that can be as balanced as possible for all classes whilst still being enjoyable.

Patch notes will be posted on the forum when they are ready. Highlights include but aren't limited to:
  • All 5th tier and Glacial gear available in the NPC merchants at GH.
  • Reinforceable boss drops
  • Changes to pet feed requirements
  • Glacial/Serpent gear enhancement/extracting moving from Grade A to Deluxe crystals
  • New graphics for Glacial weapons to closer match Glacial armour
  • Accuracy, evasion, health recovery and mana recovery removed from possible stats on drops
  • Balancing to templar, dekan, wizard and scout skills with many further changes for all races already planned

Like I said, this is only the start of a huge list of unique changes and additions to the game. We'll soon be ready to start using our own custom built quest editor to create all new one-off and repeatable quests with truly unique rewards.

Player feedback is very important to us and a server can only ever be as good as its population so we need you to help us make the server the best it can be. We have real active development which is second to none in the Rohan world, responsible moderators, bespoke anti-hack protection (along with manual checks which can and are carried out live at any time), DDoS protection and a new host portal system coming soon which should ensure stable latency and reliability across most of the world. You could do a lot worse than give DGz Rohan, the future of Rohan servers, a try.

Over and out!
~Ishtaria

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 23:20   #2

Nvm Removed
Old 10/13/2013, 00:56   #3

What balace u do to Scout,Dekan,Templar?
Old 10/13/2013, 07:53   #4

Nice. Best server there is at the moment IMO.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2013, 10:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyghter View Post
What balace u do to Scout,Dekan,Templar?
The changes to templars and dekans might not be popular initially but hopefully we can eventually get everything set up so all classes are used in pvp more equally.

In this first run we haven't touched the damage output of blunt mastery directly but we've lowered the attack speed bonus slightly to reduce dps that way as well as reducing the % of int blow and brain blow. That's obviously going to hurt int dekans and warlocks too but we have an interesting idea for int dekans and warlocks will receive their own separate boosts to compensate. Utility has been nerfed with erase now removing only 2 buffs per level with each level reducing its cooldown, chrono must be used within 30 seconds and reflect lasts for a shorter length of time.

The idea is to keep templar damage high but make them more vulnerable. Instead of a templar and their pet able to wreak havoc against multiple people, it should be up to a party or guild to help support their templars just like you have to with other classes.

Dekans have simply received damage output and cooldown changes to FFS/DFFS/WFFS on this pass but we have a nice idea for int dekans and have buffs for sepa builds on the way.

Scouts will become fully functioning pve farmers like wizards. Their reliance on arrows will be reduced significantly via ghost arrow improvements along with cooldown changes and damage boosts.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2013, 14:25   #6

Well to balance other classes you could change some of the skills and by change i mean get the skill's from other classes.Like a scout with Magic Barrier.
Old 10/13/2013, 17:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
This Monday (14-Oct-2013) DarkGamerz will be applying the first major patch to its server, one of many to come. This first update contains mainly arbitrary changes and some changes to skills, some nerfs, some buffs. The main focus of the first patch is to start shifting the server towards our vision of a Rohan that can be as balanced as possible for all classes whilst still being enjoyable.

Patch notes will be posted on the forum when they are ready. Highlights include but aren't limited to:
  • All 5th tier and Glacial gear available in the NPC merchants at GH.
  • Reinforceable boss drops
  • Changes to pet feed requirements
  • Glacial/Serpent gear enhancement/extracting moving from Grade A to Deluxe crystals
  • New graphics for Glacial weapons to closer match Glacial armour
  • Accuracy, evasion, health recovery and mana recovery removed from possible stats on drops
  • Balancing to templar, dekan, wizard and scout skills with many further changes for all races already planned

Like I said, this is only the start of a huge list of unique changes and additions to the game. We'll soon be ready to start using our own custom built quest editor to create all new one-off and repeatable quests with truly unique rewards.

Player feedback is very important to us and a server can only ever be as good as its population so we need you to help us make the server the best it can be. We have real active development which is second to none in the Rohan world, responsible moderators, bespoke anti-hack protection (along with manual checks which can and are carried out live at any time), DDoS protection and a new host portal system coming soon which should ensure stable latency and reliability across most of the world. You could do a lot worse than give DGz Rohan, the future of Rohan servers, a try.

Over and out!
~Ishtaria

nice
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2013, 19:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt2008 View Post
Well to balance other classes you could change some of the skills and by change i mean get the skill's from other classes.Like a scout with Magic Barrier.
There is that option but I'm always a little bit wary of doing it that way because each class has its own unique traits and skills. Duplicating or moving over skill types/functions will only blur the distinctions between classes.

I think there's enough already in there and also in the right place to work with.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2013, 20:07   #9

You guys manage to make the scout to to hit whit All in one all the 33 arrows?
Old 10/13/2013, 20:22   #10

Quote:
The script for AIO appears to be written correctly so I don't think anyone is sure why it functions the way it does. We have a new idea for it though, watch this space
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2013, 20:49   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
There is that option but I'm always a little bit wary of doing it that way because each class has its own unique traits and skills. Duplicating or moving over skill types/functions will only blur the distinctions between classes.

I think there's enough already in there and also in the right place to work with.
If you affraid it wont work well it dose work you just have to move the skill (I work on hex editor ) number by number and about the animation yes it will not show up the anymation but the skill will take effect.It will be the same as when you do it for the gm Charracter account's to have dual class or to use other's classes skills.And in my opinion a mb will be not such a difference since the templar is the best skilltree ever (He can get hp from euphoria he can get hp from 3 heal's he also got reflect and the MB).

About that All in One from scout i think it's a problem for the nLearnLevel that is set to 60 untill lvl 5 so the skill shoot's the right arrow's untill lvl 5 after that it's set for nLearnLevel = 0 for lvl 6 and 7 might be the problem from there but idk try it if it work's tell me cuz i can't check it now im on vacation.
Old 10/13/2013, 22:34   #12

Don't worry I know it can work, I'm just not too happy about totally changing skill functions apart from changing their parameters.

I think the basic skill design is fine and I think we can create a decent balanced environment with what's already there. If you change the game too much it's going to throw people out a bit too much and alienate them from the Rohan we all know and love.

Quote:
Actually if you check the description for AIO (along with the resulting damage output), it says that the damage will be displayed on 9 system message lines.

What that means is that (for the previous level 7 output) you will shoot 33 arrows (for the arrow based damage) but the damage shown in the log will be [arrow damage * 33 / 9]

This is why the log is not the best indicator of how things work.

While I can't say AIO will end up worthwhile, I can say that scouts will become awesome pve beasts in line with wizards.

And the even more awesome thing is our skill files will be protected so no-one can leech our work for their own pserver.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2013, 16:49   #13

Well you can't protect the bins since if you want the player to see the right stat you have to give them the bin the only way is to let people with wrong bin and put the right been on the server data file and the dmg will take evect even if the player got it wrong :P.
Old 10/16/2013, 00:58   #14

good, good, keep the good things coming. huehueheuheuheu
Old 10/16/2013, 21:46   #15

HI I just started Playing the Game...Just one question..Where to get IM points, Does it drop from Mobs (How much from Each Mobs) and What's Its drop rate, Cause I didn't got a single drop after playing game for an hour (I am lvl 5x)