Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can pax make a real sro private server?

Discussion on Can pax make a real sro private server? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Can pax make a real sro private server?

This is the thread where you gonna fiind out the true.

Can pax make a real sro private server? or why don't he makes it?

Pax is asking money for updates or a new emu he say he can do that, that and that, some german people told me they paid pax 200€ to give them his emu with euro update and no bugs and then he ignored them.

The question is: If pax is clever enough why don't he prove his skills? the best way is to have a server open and prove what he said... but there's no server...

So people, stop paying for words withot a prove.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm not acusing anyone of beeing scammer, this is just a personal opinion, i don't want to affect anyone with this thread i just want to share my opinion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2010, 14:07   #2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuhBye View Post

Pax is asking money for updates or a new emu he say he can do that, that and that, some german people told me they paid pax 200€ to give them his emu with euro update and no bugs and then he ignored them.

The question is: If pax is clever enough why don't he prove his skills? the best way is to have a server open and prove what he said... but there's no server...

Cheers
i great with u
he can prove if he pro
just open private server with his emu
Old 08/09/2010, 14:11   #3

agree, dont feel like bein scammed
Old 08/09/2010, 14:18   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuhBye View Post

Can pax make a real sro private server? or why don't he makes it?

Cheers

EDIT: I'm not acusing anyone of beeing scammer, this is just a personal opinion, i don't want to affect anyone with this thread i just want to share my opinion.
He doesnt have any skills, he just took code which were released and updated it abit.
Old 08/09/2010, 14:24   #5

Received Thanks: 2,330
I think he has a talent.
He is very young, but...
Euro chars... That's bullshit
Pax is hosting his server without euros, and still with bugs, it's useless than, if he have PSRO Files / Emu with euro characters database...
Still, at this age... It's a very big talent. IMO.
Old 08/09/2010, 14:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
I think he has a talent.
He is very young, but...
Pax is hosting his server without euros, and still with bugs, it's useless than, if he have PSRO Files / Emu with euro characters database...
no he is not
Old 08/09/2010, 14:56   #7

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
I think he has a talent.
He is very young, but...
Pff. If talent is copying someone elses work then I'm pretty sure 98% of people in this forum have talent.
LOL I made my first program in C++ when I was 8.
Where's my talent?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/09/2010, 15:00   #8

ive already asked, but i ask it again, if he stole everything from you guys how da hell hes got better emu? and if he didnt steal everything then he must be talented to do them and guys, why dont u work together? you cud make an awesome emu together ...
Old 08/09/2010, 15:03   #9

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeed01 View Post
ive already asked, but i ask it again, if he stole everything from you guys how da hell hes got better emu? and if he didnt steal everything then he must be talented to do them and guys, why dont u work together? you cud make an awesome emu together ...
Talent != knowing what you're doing or in other words being smart.
Anyway. I made already about 100 posts of how pax fails in his emulator, and you know I'm just not gonna write the same **** again :P
Old 08/09/2010, 15:07   #10

it sounds like swsro asslickers vs zszc >_<
Old 08/09/2010, 15:16   #11

I don't want to start a flamewar here, just post your opinions
Old 08/09/2010, 15:29   #12

elite*gold: 25
who say pax is leecher , go make a better emu or stfu
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/09/2010, 15:53   #13

Received Thanks: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by .1337 View Post
who say pax is leecher , go make a better emu or stfu
this sums everything up related to emus, so far i havent seen anyone that made a better emu than paxs one
it doesnt matter how good youre at coding, what matters is the result and apparently nobody is showing better results than pax. esro apparently might be a success but too bad we will find it out in about 5 or 10 years
Thanks
6 Users
Old 08/09/2010, 17:18   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopasas View Post
this sums everything up related to emus, so far i havent seen anyone that made a better emu than paxs one
it doesnt matter how good youre at coding, what matters is the result and apparently nobody is showing better results than pax. esro apparently might be a success but too bad we will find it out in about 5 or 10 years
The problem is, there were sremu mods that did everything SEA can do + videos on youtube of it, and even things his shit can't do.

We even had EU fully supported, but he can't even figure out how to let people make chars in-game.

Everything in SEA is copy+pasted, if he's done anything himself, it might've been fixing opcodes or loading data, again with a copy+paste tut. Nothing in SEA is "hard" to do, for instance any sane person would've used a SQL engine, even if embedded, for storing the database. The reason? SQL queries let you get specific information from a large database quickly, storing it all "in memory" as PAX says he does for "performance reasons" sure, it gives you faster one-off access, which is what we call this caching, but even caching fails when you don't store it in a manner that makes access as necessary fast such as RB-trees and hash maps. For instance, PAX says he loads the entire 500+ MB database into memory for "speed." Now ask him to make a generic function to return a subset of rows in that database based on various constraints. For instance, returning a list of all valid character models. In my database, this is a simple SELECT statement that returns a list of model IDs and the race given a type id, which I pick to be 'player characters'.

this is necessary for validating two things:

1. The model someone gives you is valid -- it's not a mangyang, for instance
2. You have the race by the model because the char create packet doesn't tell you what race someone is trying to make a character for.

Then you simply query for the proper skills using another similar query, add them to the player, then check their items in a similar fashion to verify that everything is legit and that they didn't slip in the IDs of SoN items to get epic gears.

PAX can't do any of that. I even use SQL to determine the list of 'active' characters for a person, properly implementing the deletion system, for instance this means that chars can be restored instantly if someone wants it back, and SQL's constraint on the username column forces uniqueness of characternames and kills exploitability in concurrently spamming char create packets with the same name, causing a race condition that in a lot of code would create 2 characters with the same name.

It's things like this that are logically complicated to implement by hand, and require lots of hard-coded IDs and if/then comparisons, but with a simple dynamic query to a live database even in a memory-mapped fashion, not over a network connection as is traditional, you get massive speed along with incredible flexibility. PAX touts his stuff is "better than MySQL." Trust me. PAX doesn't even understand what MySQL is or how it works, let alone being able to code something better even if he spent 50 years trying.

He's a complete noob. He doesn't know anything now and he won't ever. There are plenty of emulators that are functionally more complete and actually stable without stupid arithmetic errors. My project is soon to be yet another, and yet what do you see coming from PAX? Just "how to add teleports," "I am the best SRO emu coder," "nobody is as good as me," etc. Words, but no actions. SEA hasn't changed at all from its original form aside from a bug fix or two, which introduced other bugs. Remember not 7 months ago he was posting here on this forum announcing his new "sremu based emulator." Is it any coincidence 7 months later he has an emulator with the same deprecated and dead language with all the same features that people have already made? No, it's not.
Old 08/09/2010, 18:26   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranggadaikuasa View Post
you all are just jealous, because pax is better than you, whatever you say for the moment his emu is still the best ...................
Let me ask you what technical merits you have for positing yourself as an authority of whom is better than whom?

Surely you must be some 20 year expert working at a fortune 500 company as a manager who worked his way up the ranks of the programmers or technical professionals and are now sitting there making $300,000/yr, possible as a CxO. I'm just curious, you know, since you come off as if you're an authority on the matters. Clearly you have an incredible amount of insight, what with instantly seeing that PAX is clearly "better" than all of us and the keen assessment of the quality of his emulator.

Yep.