Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Bright Shadow Online (dev in progress)

Discussion on Bright Shadow Online (dev in progress) within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Bright Shadow Online (dev in progress)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post something here in this forum to see what kind of interest, and find what help I can find in helping me create a Bright Shadow Private Server.

I have been working on this for about 3 years off and on, and the progress I have made is as follows.

-Captured most of the patch server files
-Able to edit client end settings
-created patch servers for the TW and JP versions (when they were still open) in order to patch the client in english.
-decrypted the outgoing (to the server) login packet.
-Got to the server select screen with my own server.exe
-figured out how to decrypt the patch server files
-extracted wav png and bmp (can possibly do more) files from the pak files.

Currently my biggest need is a programmer. Right now I am working on learning programming, but I am hoping for a quicker solution in making progress in this project.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Old 06/14/2013, 21:49   #2

you should post this in MMO******** ull find a very interested programmer and also add me on Skype ill try to help ad much as I can because im an old player from this game
Old 06/16/2013, 01:49   #3

PMed you CrazyAxel. I do not have skype, but hopefully we can chat on a IM or something. Also I do not know if your post got censored or if I am just missing something, but I do not really understand what "MMO********" is supposed to mean.

Also some other things I should mention is that I do have the SDK for Renderware version 3.7 that this game was made with.

Another thing is that even though the game is shut down I still have a lot of packet capture files from when the game was open.

And one more thing is that I have the client installs for the Taiwan version, the already installed gamepot version, the Europe installer, and I am currently getting the Japanese version installer and updated versions.
Old 03/17/2014, 04:00   #4

Just dropped by to show progress on this. I still have the renderware conversion problem, but I went ahead and used some free animations, and used a autorigger to get animations temporarily.

Edit: I guess displaying images does not work?

Tags
bright shadow, brightshadow, extract, pak, renderware