Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Off Topic
You last visited: Today at 04:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Global Warming

Discussion on Global Warming within the Off Topic forum part of the Off-Topics category.

View Poll Results: Is global warming real?
Yeah! 53 64.63%
No! 20 24.39%
I don't know or care. 9 10.98%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06/06/2008, 19:52   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmethos View Post
i agree with you, look at a bigger chart than the gov gives us. it shows rising and falling of temps.
The gov only shows us the temp rising, and i think it is the worlds biggest scam. Doing all this money raising to help fight global warming, i think its a BIG conspearacy.
Same here. What I am trying to figure out is- WHY?
Old 06/09/2008, 19:41   #17

Global warming is real because why would the news lie about global warming.
It's all over the news.So i picked Yeah!
Plues the weather is changing alot.It's getting hotter and the air is contaminated.
Old 06/09/2008, 23:09   #18

First of all- you say that the weather is changing a lot right? Wrong. Even if it was real- scientists say that it changes about 1 degree every 100 years. You wouldn't notice the difference in your lifetime.
Old 06/10/2008, 00:17   #19

well where i live it has changed over a period of time.
the first time i moved here the weather went only up to the high-80's
now it goes to the 100's
Old 06/10/2008, 12:48   #20

[x] I don't care. / No
Old 06/11/2008, 09:57   #21

I voted no it is not real. That is not to say that I do not believe that the earth is getting hotter. I do not believe that it is the sole result of human behavior. Sun spot activity had been linked to planetary temperatures. The entire solar system has been warming. This is enough reason enough for me to doubt humans as the primary cause of planetary warming. Not that what I think makes a difference.
Old 06/11/2008, 12:19   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33 View Post
well where i live it has changed over a period of time.
the first time i moved here the weather went only up to the high-80's
now it goes to the 100's
If so, this is not the product of global warming. That is just an abnormally hot year/group of years.
"The average global air temperature near the Earth's surface increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) during the hundred years ending in 2005."

-Wikipedia
Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06/11/2008, 12:20   #23

elite*gold: 20
Global Warming is real, yet there's alot of wrong information about what we know about it.
First let me explain how global warming works, so called clima active gases cover our earth, they work like a giant greenhouse, they reflect the warmth that is reflected by the earth back to the earth, this heatn's the air.
It's a normal process that the concentration of those gases changes in a very long peryode of time, yet the humans increased the concentration of CO2 by 2% in the Last two centurys, that might sound like nothing, but very small changes can cause huge damage in a caotic system like our earth.
For example if we dropp of some carbon dust in a large area, the air will become about 3degrees colder, just by dropping of some carbon dust we completly changed the weather.
Well you often here about CO2 but it's not the only clima active gase that we cause and by faar it's not the most important clima activ gase, the real bad guy is CH4 methane.
It's alot mor clima active than CO2, I currently can't find the actuall numbers sry, It's mostly caused by cattle-breeding, we produce alot more meat than we need and cause alot of methane emissions.
And now I need to uncover a myth, stopping global warming, it's just not possible.
We can only moderate it but we cannot stop it, because it takes a long period of time till the concentration of those climacive gases in the atmosphere decreases.

btw It's compleatly bullshit that the melting poles will cause the ocean to flood a lot of citys and such, because the ice is swimming on the water. And the Global warming will cause a lot of evaporation, meaning the water that'll come from glaciers will not rise the sea level.
Yet we'll have a lot more extreme weather situations.

We don't know how bad the global warming will be, but it's surely not wrong to change what we are doing to our earth.
Old 06/11/2008, 16:02   #24

hence "save the earth kill a cow"

My conclusion about global warming is that climatologists don't have a full enough understanding of how the earth works to make such general statements. My basis of my conclusion: (i live in FL) and 3 years back we had like 15 named hurricanes in a year then another 20 the next year. Then this year they predicted something like 30 named hurricanes with five 3+ category hurricanes. We had about 4 named this year, and btw now there naming storms that in the past wouldn't have been named. Another thing that they never get right is the projected path of the hurricane...
i personally don't believe in man made global warming but i feel as we (as a race) don't have a great enough understanding of the earth... weather men might as well be voodoo men
(numbers are probably off because they're referenced from my memory, but general idea still stands)
Old 06/11/2008, 16:17   #25

the word is geting warm, but we havent did it.

the cows (with metano), the vulcans (with CO²) and the gas H²0 produce 98% more warm gasses then we produce.

imagin that there were 100 carbons atoms in the all word. we would be responsable for 2 of then (almost nothing) and the water gas is 75% "warmer" then CO²

the earth have alredy had a lot of global warmings and ice ages since it had like 2billion years.

the global warming is hepening mainly because of some explosions that happen in the sun everytime, but there are a lot of explosion heppening today

rich countries use the global warming to stop the development of the poor countries, and dont let then use the petrol to develop and make industries

people are gaining money with the global warming, before the global waming the goverment used just 100million dollars for the climatic resources every year, but today they spend 2 billion with it

i recomend u all to see the BBC video about the global warming

go on youtube and write: "a grande farsa do aquecimento global 1"
and see the all videos till the 8 episode

sry about any mistake, i'm brazilian and i'm just 14 years old

press ty if i helped u ^^
Old 06/11/2008, 16:59   #26

plz dont let this topic die
Old 06/12/2008, 19:58   #27

umm ..
Yeah!..
coz the climate is going warmer and warmer..
and imo its kinda bad.. coz has i live in estonia.. we used to have nice and cold winters.. with a lots of snow.. but now there hardly is snow during the winter..
so .. the winter is getting too warm and about the summer.. its getting colder,more windy and more cloudy .. and .. that sucks about the summer coz I really <3 the summer o,o

so .. has i said.. Yeah!
Old 08/10/2008, 19:04   #28

check out climate changes. look around.
Old 08/10/2008, 19:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmagic View Post
the word is geting warm, but we havent did it.

the cows (with metano), the vulcans (with CO²) and the gas H²0 produce 98% more warm gasses then we produce.

imagin that there were 100 carbons atoms in the all word. we would be responsable for 2 of then (almost nothing) and the water gas is 75% "warmer" then CO²

the earth have alredy had a lot of global warmings and ice ages since it had like 2billion years.

the global warming is hepening mainly because of some explosions that happen in the sun everytime, but there are a lot of explosion heppening today

rich countries use the global warming to stop the development of the poor countries, and dont let then use the petrol to develop and make industries

people are gaining money with the global warming, before the global waming the goverment used just 100million dollars for the climatic resources every year, but today they spend 2 billion with it

i recomend u all to see the BBC video about the global warming

go on youtube and write: "a grande farsa do aquecimento global 1"
and see the all videos till the 8 episode

sry about any mistake, i'm brazilian and i'm just 14 years old

press ty if i helped u ^^
hah. stop reading. and start looking around. check out the skies of bei jing before they limit C02 production. Check out Indonesia. I do not remember nature doing that to itself.
Old 08/20/2008, 00:52   #30

Yeah, a worldwide climatic change is real. But it's NOT human made like they're telling us. The Sun is the only factor that controls the climate. Stop listening to that propaganda **** of Al Gore and all those hysteric liars.