Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server > Metin2 PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 12:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

WoM2 - The Legend | International | Hard | 8 years online

Discussion on WoM2 - The Legend | International | Hard | 8 years online within the Metin2 PServer Advertising forum part of the Metin2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/13/2016, 10:57   #3556

elite*gold: 0
WOM2 super server wünsch euch weiter hin ein erfolgreiches jahr
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/13/2016, 21:26   #3557

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Caileen_ View Post
Sehr gutes Update, endlich kann man in aller Ruhe beim Erd rein.

Ich lass euch mein neues Video:

Super Video.
PS: Wann ist eigentlich unsere Hochzeit?
Old 06/14/2016, 13:02   #3558

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1que-slaax-dark™ View Post
Super Video.
PS: Wann ist eigentlich unsere Hochzeit?
Ahaha Dummkopf, wennst willst hab ich noch eine 92er Buffe frei, die wäre doch die perfekte Ehefrau für dich
Old 06/15/2016, 19:17   #3559

BEST SERVER EVER
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2016, 12:58   #3560

elite*gold: 45
Gibt es eigentlich einen Deutschen client? also wo auch die quests unso auf deutsch sind
Old 06/16/2016, 13:00   #3561

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Opera~ View Post
Gibt es eigentlich einen Deutschen client? also wo auch die quests unso auf deutsch sind
Hey,

leider nicht nein. Du kannst den Clienten in den Systemoptions/language auf Deutsch umstellen, jedoch bleiben die Quests und die Itemnamen auf Englisch.
Wobei Wom2 von den Quests her, bis auf wenige Ausnahmen dem DE Leitfaden folgt.

Lg,
Old 06/16/2016, 13:26   #3562

elite*gold: 399
Received Thanks: 3,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Shira. View Post
Hey,

leider nicht nein. Du kannst den Clienten in den Systemoptions/language auf Deutsch umstellen, jedoch bleiben die Quests und die Itemnamen auf Englisch.
Wobei Wom2 von den Quests her, bis auf wenige Ausnahmen dem DE Leitfaden folgt.

Lg,
Ohne hier jetzt meckern zu wollen: Wieso gibt es denn kein vernünftiges Multilanguage? Dass die Techniker das können, wissen wir alle. Und so extrem viele Features braucht man für einen Oldschoolserver ja nicht. Zeit sollte somit ja kein Problem werden.
Old 06/16/2016, 13:33   #3563

elite*gold: 45
Das ist sehr schade könnt ihr sowas nicht einbauen?
Old 06/16/2016, 17:55   #3564

elite*gold: 11
Received Thanks: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasSchwarzeT View Post
Ohne hier jetzt meckern zu wollen: Wieso gibt es denn kein vernünftiges Multilanguage? Dass die Techniker das können, wissen wir alle. Und so extrem viele Features braucht man für einen Oldschoolserver ja nicht. Zeit sollte somit ja kein Problem werden.
I'm guessing you mean the quests as well.

I haven't seen how other servers (if any) did it, but a proper translation (like we did for ro) takes time and money, which is multiplied by the number of languages to add. That's the issue rather than the system itself.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/16/2016, 18:01   #3565

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Shōgun View Post

I haven't seen how other servers (if any) did it, but a proper translation (like we did for ro) takes time and money, which is multiplied by the number of languages to add. That's the issue rather than the system itself.
And I think learning some english won't hurt anyone.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/16/2016, 18:18   #3566

elite*gold: 399
Received Thanks: 3,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Shōgun View Post

Well I get your point but I think a proper translation would give a positive influence to all the players who did not learn the English language. It is a lot of effort and money to spend but I guess it would be worth. And if you don't like to spend the money on such things you could make kinda community work out of it. To be honest I don't know how many quests wom offers to their players and how many texts their are to be translated. But a first would be an own locale_string for each language.

Maybe you start with your mother language (afaik Spanish) and continue with some languages people of your team speak (additonly to English).
I don't play wom but I think it would be a big step into another world of multilangual gaming.

Best regards
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2016, 22:24   #3567

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasSchwarzeT View Post
Well I get your point but I think a proper translation would give a positive influence to all the players who did not learn the English language. It is a lot of effort and money to spend but I guess it would be worth. And if you don't like to spend the money on such things you could make kinda community work out of it. To be honest I don't know how many quests wom offers to their players and how many texts their are to be translated. But a first would be an own locale_string for each language.

Maybe you start with your mother language (afaik Spanish) and continue with some languages people of your team speak (additonly to English).
I don't play wom but I think it would be a big step into another world of multilangual gaming.

Best regards

its just unnecessarry to put all that time and effort for a thing like that, the quest are easy to understand ( google translator in worst case ), you can ask friends guildmember and other people for help, or gm in your language..

+ if somebody dont speak good english, he will start. When i start play metin2.us a lot years ago i couldn't speak english, only a few words from school... after half year i could start real conversations without people thinking and wondering what he is saying

just google the words you dont understand.. thats how you start learn. ( just people too lazy and want the easiest way in these case --> translated quest's )
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2016, 23:10   #3568

Well, besides time and money (and the fact that we'd get endless requests for every language if we multitranslate into something else than english xD)... there's also the pretty major issue of fragmenting the players.

If we make it easier for anyone without english knowledge to join the community, then they will not interact with the other worldwide players. This eventually segments community into subgroups by language, and the community as a whole loses. The way it currently is, we have some basics on players' language, but things like items are always on english (to allow for a more seamless trading!), new features are mostly on english, quests are in english, etc. So if you don't have a good grasp of english you're likely to either make an effort to learn it, interact with other players (even if the english is bad, a low english level is usually enough for basic communication, trading, etc) or eventually get tired. And if you don't happen to get tired but also couldn't care less about english, then its only fair that you don't get some quest perks :P
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/17/2016, 12:18   #3569

in my opinion everyone should adapt to the server mother-language. of course wom2 is a big server so it could have the possibility to translate all the quests etc. but, in my experience (i'm italian but i discover servers all over the world) [For ex. now i'm downloading a brasilian server, just for try]. if someone want to play on this server, for the moment he should adapt his game experience to the english language. when the staff will rise up some money for a nice translation, every deutsch player will be satisfied

-Rainbow
Old 06/17/2016, 13:23   #3570

And from what I've seen, players who don't interact in english with others, and who stay separated in their own guild with same language speakers tend to leave the server more. Where is the fun when you can't even communicate with other players? The language barrier is a big issue, but with a little bit of effort and some basic knowledge it can easily be surmounted.
Thanks
2 Users