Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server > Metin2 PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 03:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mt2Classic Server launch! Pay2Win Abolished ItemShop in Coin GAINABLE ONLY by PLAYING

Discussion on Mt2Classic Server launch! Pay2Win Abolished ItemShop in Coin GAINABLE ONLY by PLAYING within the Metin2 PServer Advertising forum part of the Metin2 Private Server category.

Old 04/27/2021, 00:05   #31

elite*gold: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by popelkak View Post
The only thing keeps me away from joining are the official like cooldowns. Nobody has time for that anymore. Also the movement speed should be sligtly increased.
The whole shop is available only through shop points that you will earn both passively and actively by playing, and will allow you to get items to reduce the cooldowns too.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/27/2021, 07:20   #32

elite*gold: 0
+1 good server
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2021, 11:52   #33

Looks good!
One question: Without any ItemShop (besides buyable visuals/skins), how will you be able to survive longer than a couple of months?

Best wishes
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2021, 14:37   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrisp View Post
Looks good!
One question: Without any ItemShop (besides buyable visuals/skins), how will you be able to survive longer than a couple of months?

Best wishes

Hello! We have already tested this model in the past, and it worked. Many other games are supported this way today. Our Item Shop policy is already bringing an excellent amount of players, and the server is not open yet. Many of these players, having no expense to improve the character, will be able to decide to buy cosmetics or QoL improvements, to make their gaming experience more suitable for themselves.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2021, 15:03   #35

Looks like a very good Server. I will join the server with 3 Friends and i hope we will enjoy a long time on it. Pls dont get afraid from the comments of the movementspeed and cooldowns. I think the way how it is , is really good and gives the player more Time to play.
Old 04/27/2021, 15:07   #36

It's funny how ppl here don't know that the best world of warcraft private servers are using same item shop policy. Cosmetics, mounts and pets without any bonuses in shop and they still manage to last long and make profit.
But metin2 community is just used to p2w part of game and it's kinda sad to be honest
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/27/2021, 16:42   #37

biggest turn off right now is the weird AF start on a Monday
Old 04/27/2021, 16:47   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt2Classic View Post

Hello! We have already tested this model in the past, and it worked. Many other games are supported this way today. Our Item Shop policy is already bringing an excellent amount of players, and the server is not open yet. Many of these players, having no expense to improve the character, will be able to decide to buy cosmetics or QoL improvements, to make their gaming experience more suitable for themselves.
You say that you tested this model in the past. Were these models applied on Metin2 servers as well? If yes, on which server were you involved? How long did these servers survive?

Best wishes
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2021, 17:40   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa992 View Post
It's funny how ppl here don't know that the best world of warcraft private servers are using same item shop policy. Cosmetics, mounts and pets without any bonuses in shop and they still manage to last long and make profit.
But metin2 community is just used to p2w part of game and it's kinda sad to be honest
Thats because metin2 community is full of wankers who spend all their unemployment benefits to be competitive in a p2w game full of wankers. No skill needed, just cash some €€€ and ur one of the best players, thats metin2 nowadays.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/27/2021, 17:49   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Syntox. View Post
Thats because metin2 community is full of wankers who spend all their unemployment benefits to be competitive in a p2w game full of wankers. No skill needed, just cash some €€€ and ur one of the best players, thats metin2 nowadays.
Bro people here just said they have their concerns that cosmetical items are enough to keep the server running, I even said it's a noble approach and appreciate the mindset so wtf are you even talking about
Old 04/27/2021, 18:02   #41

I mean, if it works for other games I can't see why it shouldn't work here. Heck, it will probably attract more players since you're not forced to spend.
It's 2021, pay2win approaches should be already dead
Old 04/27/2021, 18:17   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marelous View Post
Bro people here just said they have their concerns that cosmetical items are enough to keep the server running, I even said it's a noble approach and appreciate the mindset so wtf are you even talking about
I didnt try to offend anyone of you but the server staff already said that its tested and worked. So wheres the problem u all have? U really care about the amount of cash the owners generate? Alone that u say its "noble" that someone opens a server without a cashgrab/p2w concept just shows how delusional this community is. It should be NORMAL (it was normal back in the good old days) that especially a PRIVATE server isnt based on cashgrab/p2w and some fancy 62730% mob pets/rings/mounts and such ****. Sorry, but the officials and nowadays pservers ruined ur mind.
Old 04/27/2021, 18:59   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borshko View Post
I mean, if it works for other games I can't see why it shouldn't work here. Heck, it will probably attract more players since you're not forced to spend.
It's 2021, pay2win approaches should be already dead
Guys don't misunderstand me/us I think most of us are sick of servers where you have to spend 50euro each month to get 120% monster bonus or whatever and I for example never played those crapservers.

The problem is that time showed already that servers like this have a hard time getting enough players and stay alive. Having no reliable source of income strengthen the risk for us since there wasn't any precedent for Metin2 (that I know of)that lifted those concerns.

Aside of this I(!) can't believe it will work properly for this game.
First and foremost, because I think most hard-oldschool players prefer having no costumes and shiny mounts and stuff. That's just my experience and obviously not an all-embracing truth.

Secondly I think it contradicts the actual approach of having an oldschool server. You seriously want us to run around with like 100 movement speed looking like mother****ing grimreaper on crack flying on a dragon.
That's oldschool in the wrong direction for me personally.
It just doesn't fit together and all those points are OF COURSE subjective, but I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from instead of assuming some bullshit to block of any concerns/criticism (not directed at you, just generally speaking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Syntox. View Post
I didnt try to offend anyone of you but the server staff already said that its tested and worked. So wheres the problem u all have? U really care about the amount of cash the owners generate? Alone that u say its "noble" that someone opens a server without a cashgrab/p2w concept just shows how delusional this community is. It should be NORMAL (it was normal back in the good old days) that especially a PRIVATE server isnt based on cashgrab/p2w and some fancy 62730% mob pets/rings/mounts and such shit. Sorry, but the officials and nowadays pservers ruined ur mind.
These days where 95% of the servers coming online are pure cashgrab and it still works on most addicted idiots it is remarkable to do the complete opposite imo. Sure you can take it as granted but then you are the delusional one, since this isn't reality. Thanks to those 95% I also can't believe statements like: It worked before. If that's enough for you that's fine but for me it isn't. If the owner makes bold statements like that I expect atleast a call with the server name.

Your last statement is right, I might be overly critical about some things since I watched server owners sweettalk the hyped kids to bind them instead of talking openly with the community for years. But where is the problem with it? If the team of the server is really interested in building a lasting project they also should be able to lift some of my concerns instead of writing some hollow statements and everyone will get a better view on the ideas and opinions of staff.
Enough of this meta discussion for me, if you have something to say about my actual concerns I will happily discuss with you but please just let people express their opinion without talking down to them just to shut down every (valid) criticism.

at last one small question to the Staff:
What do you exactly mean with QoL-Features in mall?
For me as an overly paranoid user, I smell a backdoor to justify actual p2w stuff. Please tell me I'm wrong and it's just some auto-potions and things like this.

Edit: I just remembered an Hard-Oldschool server without an Item-Mall and that server had the whole time mostly 20 players and was offline after less than 2 Months.
Old 04/27/2021, 20:22   #44

Quote:
Guys don't misunderstand me/us I think most of us are sick of servers where you have to spend 50euro each month to get 120% monster bonus or whatever and I for example never played those crapservers.

The problem is that time showed already that servers like this have a hard time getting enough players and stay alive. Having no reliable source of income strengthen the risk for us since there wasn't any precedent for Metin2 (that I know of)that lifted those concerns.

First and foremost, because I think most hard-oldschool players prefer having no costumes and shiny mounts and stuff. That's just my experience and obviously not an all-embracing truth.

Secondly I think it contradicts the actual approach of having an oldschool server. You seriously want us to run around with like 100 movement speed looking like mother****ing grimreaper on crack flying on a dragon.
It just doesn't fit together and all those points are OF COURSE subjective, but I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from instead of assuming some bullshit to block of any concerns/criticism (not directed at you, just generally speaking).

These days where 95% of the servers coming online are pure cashgrab and it still works on most addicted idiots it is remarkable to do the complete opposite imo. Sure you can take it as granted but then you are the delusional one, since this isn't reality. Thanks to those 95% I also can't believe statements like: It worked before. If that's enough for you that's fine but for me it isn't. If the owner makes bold statements like that I expect atleast a call with the server name.

Your last statement is right, I might be overly critical about some things since I watched server owners sweettalk the hyped kids to bind them instead of talking openly with the community for years. But where is the problem with it? If the team of the server is really interested in building a lasting project they also should be able to lift some of my concerns instead of writing some hollow statements and everyone will get a better view on the ideas and opinions of staff.
Enough of this meta discussion for me, if you have something to say about my actual concerns I will happily discuss with you but please just let people express their opinion without talking down to them just to shut down every (valid) criticism.

For me as an overly paranoid user, I smell a backdoor to justify actual p2w stuff. Please tell me I'm wrong and it's just some auto-potions and things like this.

Edit: I just remembered an Hard-Oldschool server without an Item-Mall and that server had the whole time mostly 20 players and was offline after less than 2 Months.
Good evening guys, and thanks for the glowing comments! Let's go step by step trying to answer all pertinent questions:

- In the aesthetic shop: Cosmetics, and other game quality improvements (which do not affect progression), are buyable in the Skin Shop with real money. There are no "backdoors to sniff", as some have said. There is no pay2win stuff at all. Only Cosmetics and QoL improvements as already mentioned.

- Marelous, thank you for your concerns, but if you believe that such a model will not work for Metin2, in 2021, perhaps you are part of that mechanism that we are trying to break. Nobody forces you to subscribe or stay here to comment. There are thousands of other servers, I'm sure you can find one that suits you.

- I will not go into details for the privacy of all involved. We have had a few servers over the years. And in some of these, Cosmetics accounted for a good portion of the earnings.

I hope I have been satisfactory enough. I take this opportunity to thank you all further. You are showing us love and support. New accounts are growing by the hour!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/27/2021, 20:42   #45

Quote:

Just because 95% of this developer community and 95% of the playerbase are braindead doesnt mean it should be normalised. Also assuming this and that and thinking of this and that isnt needed here. The server isnt even online yet and u all complain and argue why this why that. The server staff (hopefully) already worked on their own concept before even working on the server itself. So they should know what they have to expect and what not. Also comparing different servers over a different time isnt really helpful. Every server should be treated as something new and not "ohh this and that server did this and that u will be doing the same1!1!1!" When the server is online and u actually played it im 100% sure u can still suggest things u like to change or things that can be improved. I think its not a big deal to change movement speed or such things. All the other topics u mentioned are just personal preference instead of real knowledge or did u do a poll to know that real oldschool players dont want fancy mounts etc instead of p2w shit? If the concept of the server or the server staff doesnt match with your expecations then u dont have to play on it, easy as that.
Thanks
2 Users

Tags
classic, hardcore, metin2, mt2, oldschhool