Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server > Metin2 PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 09:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

WoM2 Odyssey | A path to Aurora | Speed Server | 14.12.2020

Discussion on WoM2 Odyssey | A path to Aurora | Speed Server | 14.12.2020 within the Metin2 PServer Advertising forum part of the Metin2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/21/2020, 21:37   #211

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairmont View Post
Hello guys,

I'm Clairmont (who would have thought) and some may know me as WoM's Promotion Manager. Others may know me as an active WoM2 Aurora player for about five years, maybe more. I want to adress this whole "issue" having a larger perspective, being a player and being a staff member. A thing that you can't (and it's understandable) have.

There are a lot of you who disagree with our last update - slightly increasing the difficulty of the server - and that's really understandable. No one likes a nerf after you have something OP. It's psychologycal and no one can blame you for that.

WoM2 will celebrate, in a couple of months, its 8th birthday. I'm telling you that, so you can understand how important is the stability and longevity for us. Yes, you can play an easy server where you can accomplish everything pretty fast, but where's competitivity in that? Metin2 was for years a really competitive game and that shouldn't disappear because that will bring an inevitable death to a game that we still love, even now.

Slightly increasing the difficulty of Odyssey was done because in our conception of the game, you shouldn't achieve all the things some achieved in only one week. We have players who farmed (abused, but let's call it farm) 200x Green Bonus Changers in 3h. Now multiply that with a lot of other players and with 2 months. Yes, Odyssey is a temporarily server and is meant to be merged with Aurora, we said that from day 1, but that doesn't mean we don't think at the negatives effects that a too easy server might bring to WoM2's future. WoM2 always tried to keep the server open even if we did it in the detriment of getting money. Yeah, it's easy to open a server for 2-3 months, grab all the cash from the hype train and close, but that's not us.

There are a lot of you who would enjoy playing a farming simulator Odyssey, where you can simply stay afk with 3 clients and farm (thing that happened), but that doesn't and will never fit WoM2's image.

I want to end this whole idea with my perspective as a max level player from Aurora. You'll probably not compete with high level players directly, that's true, but Odyssey gives you the best oportunity and the biggest boost you can get to be close to what we've done in years. And that's only in 2 months. Aurora is not easier than Odyssey as some of you said, not at all - number of stones is lower, cooldowns are higher, instincts are non-existent, you would play against players with full cl5 alchemy. Do you think Odyssey doesn't help you? Even if it would be 10 times harder, it would still be better for a newcomer because you're all starting from the same point.

If after reading this, your decision is still to quit Odyssey, that's completely understandable. There are a lot of good P-servers that can cover all the types of players, no one can deny that.

If your decision is to remain though, I would like you to understand that you shouldn't be here just because the server has some hype. You're here because you want a stable server that has a Game Design team that will ensure that the server, your items, your farming spots, will remain relevant even after years.

In the meantime the Christmas event has started. You can get Christmas Boxes from mobs (with a big...and evil surprise inside), an in-game Tombola, a mini-game where you need to bake cookies xD and many other forum events.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

With respect,
Clairmont.
atm is your aurora easier then the SPEED server if u try to get ppl with '' calling speed server then MAKE IT '' and dont only cashgrab with that shit
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/21/2020, 22:10   #212

Quote:
Hello guys,

I'm Clairmont (who would have thought) and some may know me as WoM's Promotion Manager. Others may know me as an active WoM2 Aurora player for about five years, maybe more. I want to adress this whole "issue" having a larger perspective, being a player and being a staff member. A thing that you can't (and it's understandable) have.

There are a lot of you who disagree with our last update - slightly increasing the difficulty of the server - and that's really understandable. No one likes a nerf after you have something OP. It's psychologycal and no one can blame you for that.

WoM2 will celebrate, in a couple of months, its 8th birthday. I'm telling you that, so you can understand how important is the stability and longevity for us. Yes, you can play an easy server where you can accomplish everything pretty fast, but where's competitivity in that? Metin2 was for years a really competitive game and that shouldn't disappear because that will bring an inevitable death to a game that we still love, even now.

Slightly increasing the difficulty of Odyssey was done because in our conception of the game, you shouldn't achieve all the things some achieved in only one week. We have players who farmed (abused, but let's call it farm) 200x Green Bonus Changers in 3h. Now multiply that with a lot of other players and with 2 months. Yes, Odyssey is a temporarily server and is meant to be merged with Aurora, we said that from day 1, but that doesn't mean we don't think at the negatives effects that a too easy server might bring to WoM2's future. WoM2 always tried to keep the server open even if we did it in the detriment of getting money. Yeah, it's easy to open a server for 2-3 months, grab all the cash from the hype train and close, but that's not us.

There are a lot of you who would enjoy playing a farming simulator Odyssey, where you can simply stay afk with 3 clients and farm (thing that happened), but that doesn't and will never fit WoM2's image.

I want to end this whole idea with my perspective as a max level player from Aurora. You'll probably not compete with high level players directly, that's true, but Odyssey gives you the best oportunity and the biggest boost you can get to be close to what we've done in years. And that's only in 2 months. Aurora is not easier than Odyssey as some of you said, not at all - number of stones is lower, cooldowns are higher, instincts are non-existent, you would play against players with full cl5 alchemy. Do you think Odyssey doesn't help you? Even if it would be 10 times harder, it would still be better for a newcomer because you're all starting from the same point.

If after reading this, your decision is still to quit Odyssey, that's completely understandable. There are a lot of good P-servers that can cover all the types of players, no one can deny that.

If your decision is to remain though, I would like you to understand that you shouldn't be here just because the server has some hype. You're here because you want a stable server that has a Game Design team that will ensure that the server, your items, your farming spots, will remain relevant even after years.

In the meantime the Christmas event has started. You can get Christmas Boxes from mobs (with a big...and evil surprise inside), an in-game Tombola, a mini-game where you need to bake cookies xD and many other forum events.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

With respect,
Clairmont.
Sure m8, you clearly have the larger and elevated perspective as a staff member, even if you dont actually play the server

Your whole text is nothing but a textbook example of Dunning Kruger effect (you know, something "psychologycal" as you would say)

Every semi popular farming spot was already overcrowded, but the elevated and blessed minds of the Wom team definitely knew better than players who actually play the game.
Thanks
12 Users
Old 12/21/2020, 22:25   #213

Received Thanks: 1,271
Zum Glück habe ich hier doch nicht angefangen, wenn ich so sehe, was für Entscheidungen getroffen werden. xD
Weiß nicht wo das Problem liegt, einen "Speedserver" zu machen und fertig, aber nein, man muss es ja wieder unnormal kompliziert gestalten.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/22/2020, 01:04   #214

Server doesn't even have PayPal option, or a Discord link on webpage. Can't find a single metin to farm, meanwhile those with item shop already have 3KKK with P skills. LOL pay2win server.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 10:40   #215

Thanks
14 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 13:47   #216

Quote:
Hello guys,

I hope you'll enjoy it!

With respect,
Clairmont.

Yeah keep thinking you are smarter than the players with your years of experience.

The feedback from the players simply shows that you have done a lot wrong. Especially because you have had a server for years, you should know how to set up a server without having to change everything, which then fucks up the players. You simply don't know anything about Metin2 and that becomes very clear with every new server you make. Stop trying with new servers and leave your Wom2 online for another 20 years for all I care. Just because you have kept a server alive for years doesn't mean you have a clue about what you are doing.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 15:06   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN12 View Post
Yeah keep thinking you are smarter than the players with your years of experience.

The feedback from the players simply shows that you have done a lot wrong. Especially because you have had a server for years, you should know how to set up a server without having to change everything, which then ***** up the players. You simply don't know anything about Metin2 and that becomes very clear with every new server you make. Stop trying with new servers and leave your Wom2 online for another 20 years for all I care. Just because you have kept a server alive for years doesn't mean you have a clue about what you are doing.
Feedback of 90% players and they ignore or they cant accept they do something wrong by themselves
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 15:59   #218

they banned me from their discord because i put the meme alphkan put, what a pathetic team
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 16:22   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphabbo1 View Post
they banned me from their discord because i put the meme alphkan put, what a pathetic team
Bro they are so obsessed about me. Probably they thought its my account

Any (server crash, bug, critism about wom staff and server) = alpkhan

They think like that
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/22/2020, 16:28   #220

i just put a meme on the discord, and told them from 2.2k on yesterday with 8k on in 24 now they have

is not flame, these are facts
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/22/2020, 20:59   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpKhan View Post
Bro they are so obsessed about me. Probably they thought its my account

Any (server crash, bug, critism about wom staff and server) = alpkhan

They think like that
haha, these memes. what a ***!! DD
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2020, 09:48   #222

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,201
These "professional" server always seem to have a little problem with accepting that they did a mistake or are not doing the server a favor.
Same happened with their competitor SG a while back, but thankfully, they did a 180 and are now releasing updates everyone was begging for. You will most likely always keep your core playerbase.
However you shouldn't continue this attitude if you want to keep the players you won with this "speed" server.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/23/2020, 13:19   #223

oh nice, another crash.

i bet they call this server 'speedserver' in the sense that you speedrun alt+f4

Thanks
10 Users
Old 12/24/2020, 00:29   #224

Habe den Server getestet. Ich denke, dass ich auf den Gameforge-Servern schneller farmen und ein gutes Equip aufbauen kann.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2020, 06:48   #225

elite*gold: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpKhan View Post
Bro they are so obsessed about me.
you liked about 50 "negative" comments in this thread

but yeah.. i guess you're right that they're obsessed about you and not you about them

good one
Thanks
10 Users
Closed Thread